Development of method of quantitative determination of cardiazol substance with using highly efficient liquid chromatography
Keywords:Cardiazole, cardioprotective activity, analysis, method of quantitative determination, high performance liquid chromatography.
The aim. Development of methods of quantitative determination of Cardiazol substance using high-performance liquid chromatography.
Materials and methods. The method of high-performance liquid chromato-graphy (HPLC) was to determine of quantitative determination of Cardiazol substance ([3-Allil-4-(41-methoxyphenyl)-3H-thiazole-2-ylidene]-(32-trifluoro-methylphenyl)amine hydrobromide) using Shimadzu Nexera X2 LC -30AD (Shimad-zu, Japan). The acetonitrile of the HPLC grade (Sigma-Aldrich GmbH, Switzerland) was used in the work and other chemicals and solvents were of analytical grade. The test substance was diluted in acetonitrile at a final concentration of 400 μg/ml.
Results and discussion. The method of quantitative determination of Cardiazol substance with the help of highly effective liquid chromatography is developed. The developed conditions of testing are selected experimentally. The following optimal conditions for the chromatographic distribution were found: column C8 (250 *4.6 mm; speed of the mobile phase 1 ml/min; thermostat temperature of the column 35 ° C; detecting wavelength 300 nm; holding time of the test compound is 13.9 min. Suitability of determination methods.
The following optimal conditions for chromatographic separation were revealed: a C8 column (250*4.6 mm, a mobile phase speed of 1 ml/min, a column thermostat temperature of 35 °C, a detection wavelength of 300 nm. Under the proposed conditions, the retention time of the tested component is 13.9 minutes. The performance of the column was determined for its main indicators, such as the theoretical number of plates (over 65000) and the coefficient of symmetry (about 1.00). The method of quantitative determination was tested in accordance with the recommendations of the Ukrainian and European Pharmacopoeia. The proposed method meets all requirements. The method has been tested for the effects of various factors such as flow rate, the composition of the mobile phase and the temperature of the column thermostat. It is established that the influence of these factors is insignificant and does not affect the results obtained by this method.Conclusions. An analytical method for quantitative determination of Сardiazole substance with cardioprotective action has been developed on the basis of the high-performance liquid chromatography method. The conditions for chromatographic analysis (HPLC) were standardized. Requirements for the test "Checking the suitability of the chromatographic system" were established. The statistical processing of the results of the experiment shows that the relative uncertainty of the average result was within the permissible limits. The developed method for the determination of Сardiazole will be used for further study of substance as a component of various dosage forms
- Kovalenko, V. M., Dolzhenko, M. M., Nesukai, Ye. H., Diachenko, Ya. S. (2016). Comparative characteristics of the cardiovascular disease prevention in Ukraine and Europe according to EUROASPIRE IV data: a hospital line. Arterial'naya gipertenziya, 1, 41–80.
- The top 10 causes of death. WHO. Available at: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/the-top-10-causes-of-death
- Yeromina, H. O., Drapak, I. V., Perekhoda, L. O., Yaremenko, V. D., Demchenko, A. M. (2016). Synthesis of 2-(4-aryl(adamantyl)-2-phenyliminothiazol-3-yl)-ethanol derivatives and prediction of their biological activity. Der Pharma Chemica, 8 (3), 64–70.
- Perekhoda, L., Yeromina, H., Drapak, I., Kobzar, N., Smolskiy, O., Demchenko, N. (2017). The antioxidant properties of 1-[2-(R-phenylimino)-4-methyl-3-(3-[morpholine-4yl]propyl)-2,3-dihydro-1,3-thiazol-5-yl]ethane-1-one derivatives under conditions of artificial oxidative stress in vitro. Saudi Journal of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 3 (1), 55–59.
- Drapak, I., Perekhoda, L., Vynogradova, O., Protopopov, M., Suleiman, M., Sych, I., Kobzar, N., Kiz, O. (2018). The use of the docking studies with the purpose of searching potential cardioprotectors. Pharmacia, 2, 40–46.
- Perekhoda, L. O., Drapak, I. V., Suleiman, M. M., Sych, I. A., Yaremenko, V. D. (2017). Synthesis and in silico research of derivatives of 3-allyl-4-(R-phenyl)-N-(R1-phenyl)thiazole-2-imine. Der Pharma Chemica, 9 (13), 95–98.
- Herashchenko, I. V., Drapak, I. V., Demchenko, A. M., Perekhoda, L. O., Niektiehaiev, I. O. (2017). Pat. No. 122197 UA. Hidrobromid [3-alil-4-(41-metoksyfenil)-3N-tiazol-2-iliden]-(32-tryfluorometylfenil)aminu, shcho maie kardioprotektorni vlastyvosti. No. u201707267; declareted: 10.07.2017; published: 26.12.2017, Bul. No. 24.
- O' Sullivan, J., Blake, K., Berntgen, M., Salmonson, T., Welink, J. (2018). Overview of the European Medicines Agency's Development of Product-Specific Bioequivalence Guidelines. Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 104 (3), 539–545. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/cpt.957
- Andrade, E. L., Bento, A. F., Cavalli, J., Oliveira, S. K., Schwanke, R. C., Siqueira, J. M. et. al. (2016). Non-clinical studies in the process of new drug development – Part II: Good laboratory practice, metabolism, pharmacokinetics, safety and dose translation to clinical studies. Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research, 49 (12). doi: https://doi.org/10.1590/1414-431x20165646
- Haleem, R. M., Salem, M. Y., Fatahallah, F. A., Abdelfattah, L. E. (2015). Quality in the pharmaceutical industry – A literature review. Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal, 23 (5), 463–469. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsps.2013.11.004
- Baumann, M., Baxendale, I. R. (2015). The synthesis of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) using continuous flow chemistry. Beilstein Journal of Organic Chemistry, 11, 1194–1219. doi: https://doi.org/10.3762/bjoc.11.134
- Yeromina, H. O., Yeromina, Z. H., Sych, I. A., Perekhoda, L. O. (2017). Rozrobka metodyky kilkisnoho vyznachennia substantsiyi hidrobromidu (3-etyl-4-fenil-3N-tiazol-2-iliden)- [4-(6,7,8,9-tetrahidro-5N-[1,2,4]tryazolo[4,3-a]azepin-3-yil)fenil]aminu. Upravlinnia yakistiu v farmatsiyi: mat. XI nauk.-prakt. konf. Kharkiv, 64.
- Shim, J.-S. K., Tolan, J. W., Fink, D. W. (1980). Fluorometric Determination of Thiazole-Containing Compounds. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 69 (3), 275–279. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/jps.2600690308
- El-Walily, A. F. M., Gazy, A. A., Belal, S. F., Khamis, E. F. (2000). Quantitative determination of some thiazole cephalosporins through complexation with palladium (II) chloride. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 22 (2), 385–392. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/s0731-7085(99)00281-2
- Nikolin, B., Imamović, B., Medanhodžić-Vuk, S., Sober, M. (2004). High performance liquid chromatography in pharmaceutical analyses. Bosnian Journal of Basic Medical Sciences, 4 (2), 5–9. doi: https://doi.org/10.17305/bjbms.2004.3405
- Pakhomov, V. P. (2003). Khromatohrafiya u khimiko-farmatsevtychnykh doslidzhenniakh. Khymyko-farmatsevtycheskyi zhurnal, 37 (8), 55–56.
- Derzhavna Farmakopeia Ukrainy. Vol. 1 (2015). Kharkiv: DP «Ukrainskyi naukovyi farmakopeinyi tsentr yakosti likarskykh zasobiv», 1128.
- European Pharmacopoeia (2017). European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & Health Care. Strasbourg.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Iryna Drapak, Borys Zimenkovsky, Ivan Bezruk, Liudas Ivanauskas, Lina Perekhoda, Svitlana Harna
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our journal abides by the Creative Commons CC BY copyright rights and permissions for open access journals.