Survey of characteristics of dairy-protein concentrates in the low-temperature storage process
Keywords:milk-protein concentrate, differential scanning calorimetry, color-parametric characteristics, storage time
The influence of low-temperature refrigeration treatment on the structure and organoleptic parameters of milk-protein concentrates (MPC), obtained with the use of cranberry and viburnum purees, was determined and analyzed.
The study of low-temperature phase transitions and glass transition of the MPC structure was made during cooling at a rate of 200 °C/min by immersion of the samples in liquid nitrogen. It was found that the structure of concentrates is amorphous, it can be considered relatively stable in the solid state. It was determined that the leaps of heat absorption were larger for the concentrates obtained with the use of berry purees than for the control sample. This indicates a large amount of bound liquid in the products, what allows reducing crystallization and avoiding significant structural changes.
The analysis of changes in the color-parametric characteristics of MPC indicates an increase in the intensity of light reflection at 550...700 nm, that is, in the yellow-red area of the spectrum, after 30 days of low-temperature storage. There are gradual yellowing and darkening of the product.The theoretical and experimental research allowed determining the rational periods of storage of MPC in the frozen state, which are not more than 30 days at temperatures not higher than –20 °С. The possibility of predicting changes in the quality of food products obtained with the use of MPC, if stored at low temperatures, was obtained
- Seheda, S. A. (2012). Otsinka spozhyvannya osnovnykh prodovol'chykh produktiv v Ukrayini [Estimation of consumption of basic food products in Ukraine]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats' VNAU, 3, 195–199.
- Gnitsevich, V. A., Yudina, T. I. (2016). Analiz i perspektyvy vykorystannya bilkovo-vuhlevodnoyi molochnoyi syrovyny v Ukrayini [Analysis and prospects of using of protein-carbohydrate dairy raw materials in Ukraine]. Materials of the international scientific-practical conference «Globalization Challenges for the Development of National Economies». Kyiv: KNTEU.
- Gnitsevich, V. A., Deinychenko, L. G. (2016). Innovaciyi u vyrobnycztvi molochno-bilkovyh koprecypitativ [Innovations in the production of milk-protein co-precipitates]. Tourist, hotel and restaurant business: innovations and trends. Abstracts of international science-practice conference. Kyiv: Kyiv. nats. torh.-ekon. un-t.
- Timchuk, A. V., Grek, O. V. (2015). Vplyv zamorozhuvannya na pokaznyky albuminnoyi masy [The effect of freezing on the parameters of albumin mass]. Prospects for the development of meat, dairy and oilseed industries in the context of European integration: program and materials of the 4th international sci.-tech. conf. Kyiv: NUKhT. P. 110–111.
- Korotkov, E. G. Melnikova, E. I., Kuznetsova, I. V., Stanislavskaya, E. B. (2016). Issledovanie form svyazi vlagi v tvoroge s mikropartikulyatom syivorotochnyih belkov [Study of the forms of moisture binding in cottage cheese with microparticulate of whey proteins]. Molochnaya promyishlennost, 8, 31–32.
- Zobkova, Z. S., Zenina, D. V., Fursova, T. P., Gavrilova, A. D., Shelaginova, I. R. (2016). Biotehnologicheskie i mikrobiologicheskie aspektyi proizvodstva tvoroga s uvelichennyim srokom godnosti [Biotechnological and microbiological aspects of production of cottage cheese with increased shelf life]. Molochnaya promyishlennost, 4, 49–50.
- Fridenberg, G. V., Lukashova, T. A. (2014). Sovershenstvovanie tehnologii holodilnogo rezervirovaniya tvoroga [Improvement of technology of cottage cheese refrigerating redundancy]. Molochnaya promyishlennost, 6, 59–62.
- Sikand, V., Tong, P. S., Walker, J., Wang, T., Rodriguez-Saona, L. E. (2016). Short communication: Effect of storage temperature on the solubility of milk protein concentrate 80 (MPC80) treated with NaCl or KCl. Journal of Dairy Science, 99 (3), 1791–1795. doi: 10.3168/jds.2015-10158
- Banach, J. C., Clark, S., Lamsal, B. P. (2014). Texture and other changes during storage in model high-protein nutrition bars formulated with modified milk protein concentrates. LWT – Food Science and Technology, 56 (1), 77–86. doi: 10.1016/j.lwt.2013.11.008
- Hunter, R. J., Hemar, Y., Pinder, D. N., Anema, S. G. (2011). Effect of storage time and temperature of milk protein concentrate (MPC85) on the renneting properties of skim milk fortified with MPC85. Food Chemistry, 125 (3), 944–952. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2010.09.086
- Anema, S. G., Pinder, D. N., Hunter, R. J., Hemar, Y. (2006). Effects of storage temperature on the solubility of milk protein concentrate (MPC85). Food Hydrocolloids, 20 (2-3), 386–393. doi: 10.1016/j.foodhyd.2005.03.015
- Gnitsevich, V. A., Yudina, T. I., Deynichenko, L. G. (2016). Tekhnolohiya ta biolohichna tsinnistʹ molochno-bilkovykh kopretsypitativ [Technology and biological value of milk-protein co-precipitates]. Tovaryi i ryinki, 2, 148–158.
- Roos, Y. H., Drush, S. (2015). Phase Transitions in Foods. Cork: Academic Press, 380.
- Gnitsevych, V., Yudina, T., Deinychenko, L., Nykyforov, R., Nazarenko, I. (2018). Definition of quality indicators of dairyprotein concentrates in the storage process. EUREKA: Life Sciences, 1, 10–17. doi: 10.21303/2504-5695.2018.00526
- Telis, V. R. N., Sobral, P. J. A. (2002). Glass transitions for freeze-dried and air-dried tomato. Food Research International, 35 (5), 435–443. doi: 10.1016/s0963-9969(01)00138-7
- Telis V. R. N., Sobral P. J. do A., Telis-Romero J. (2006). Sorption Isotherm, Glass Transitions and State Diagram for Freeze-dried Plum Skin and Pulp. Food Science and Technology International, 12 (3), 181–187. doi: 10.1177/1082013206065953
- Bai, Y., Rahman, M. S., Perera, C. O., Smith, B., Melton, L. D. (2001). State diagram of apple slices: glass transition and freezing curves. Food Research International, 34 (2-3), 89–95. doi: 10.1016/s0963-9969(00)00128-9
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 Victoriya Gnytsevych, Tatiana Yudina, Liudmyla Deinychenko, Radion Nykyforov, Iryna Nazarenko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.