Developing a technology for making goat's cottage cheese using the preparation Yodkazeine
Keywords:Yodkazeine, goat's milk, amino and fatty acids, goat's cottage cheese
In recent years, there has been a deficit of several essential components, with the iodine deficiency of varying degree, from mild to severe, relating to the most common phenomena and is observed in 90 % of the Ukrainian population.
Deficiency of iodine is the cause of many illnesses: disturbance of thyroid gland function, delayed mental and physical development of children, deafness, blurred vision, neurological cretinism. Therefore, one of the most important tasks in the food industry is to provide people with foods containing iodine in the required amount, and to expanding the range of iodine-containing products.
To improve the quality of cottage cheese made from goat's milk and to enrich it with iodine, we have used the iodine-containing protein preparation Yodkazeine.It was established that the enrichment of milk with Yodkazeine in the amount of 0.01‒0.025 % by weight in the production of cottage cheese from goat's milk improves its quality. The application of the preparation, which includes a complex of organic iodine, associated with the protein, in the amount of 0.01 to 0.025 % by weight of milk in the production of experimental batches of product (E.1, E.2) helps increase the moisture-retaining capacity of the cheese. This property predetermines an increase in the mass proportion of moisture in the product by 0.87 and 2.37 %. That affects the reduction of the mass share of fat in cheese by 0.5 and 1.74 %, compared with the similar indicator in control. However, under the influence of the above-specified dosage of the preparation, there was an increase in the mass fraction of protein by 0.19 and 0.25 % and a reduction of the total amount of low molecular fatty acids, responsible for the manifestation of the taste and smell of goat's fat and sweat, by 0.18 and 0.31 %, respectively. It attests to the improvement of organoleptic indicators in the experimental batches of cottage cheese, enriched with the experimentally determined rational dosage of Yodkazeine, as well as its saturation with organic iodine
- Pandya, A. J., Ghodke, K. M. (2007). Goat and sheep milk products other than cheeses and yoghurt. Small Ruminant Research, 68 (1-2), 193–206. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.smallrumres.2006.09.007
- Ryzhkova, T. N. (2013). Vliyaniye kombinatsionnykh sochetaniy zakvasochnoy mikroflory na kachestvo i vykhod koz'yego tvoroga. Sworld, 9 (2), 33–40.
- Bhosale, S. S., Kahate, P. A., Kamble, K., Thakare, V. M., Gubbawar, S. G. (2009). Effect of Lactation on Physico-Chemical Properties of Local Goat Milk. Veterinary World, 2 (1), 17–19.
- Sostav preparata «Fumagol». Available at: https://agrovektor.com/physical_product/765637-fumagol-5-g.html
- Kompleksnaya pishchevaya dobavka "Yodkazein". No. 18.104.22.168.U.2024.4.10. Available at: http://www.crc2.ru/all/22.214.171.124.U.2024.4.10
- Ryzhkоva, T. N., Bondarenko, T. A., Livoshshenko, I. M., Belyvtseva, A. Y. (2015). Iodine content in goats milk from three region of Ukrain. Sworld, 156–159.
- Abbas, H. M., Hassan, F. A.M., Abd El-Gawad, M. A. M., Enab, A. K. (2014). Physicochemical сharacteristics of Goat’s Milk. Life Science Journal, 11 (1s), 307–317.
- Kravchun, N. A., Chernyavskaya, I. V. (2011). Gipotireoz: epidemiologiya, diagnostika, opyt lecheniya. Problemy endokrynnoi patolohiyi, 3, 27–33.
- Mamenko, M. Ye., Bielykh, N. A. (2012). Suchasni pidkhody do profilaktyky yododefitsytnykh zakhvoriuvan ditei rannoho viku (chastyna I). Zdorov'e rebenka, 2 (37), 37–40.
- Nerhus, I., Wik Markhus, M., Nilsen, B. M., Øyen, J., Maage, A., Ødegård, E. R. et. al. (2018). Iodine content of six fish species, Norwegian dairy products and hen’s egg. Food & Nutrition Research, 62. doi: https://doi.org/10.29219/fnr.v62.1291
- Haldimann, M., Alt, A., Blanc, A., Blondeau, K. (2005). Iodine content of food groups. Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, 18 (6), 461–471. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfca.2004.06.003
- Van der Reijden, O. L., Zimmermann, M. B., Galetti, V. (2017). Iodine in dairy milk: Sources, concentrations and importance to human health. Best Practice & Research Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 31 (4), 385–395. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.beem.2017.10.004
- Kornienko, I. M., Huliaiev, V. M., Babenko, M. O. (2011). Vplyv bakterialnykh zakvasok na zasiuvanist syru iz koziachoho moloka bakteriyamy hrupy kyshkovoi palychky. Voprosy himii i himicheskie tekhnologii, 2, 31–34.
- Schöne, F., Spörl, K., Leiterer, M. (2017). Iodine in the feed of cows and in the milk with a view to the consumer’s iodine supply. Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology, 39, 202–209. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtemb.2016.10.004
- Moschini, M., Battaglia, M., Beone, G. M., Piva, G., Masoero, F. (2009). Iodine and selenium carry over in milk and cheese in dairy cows: effect of diet supplementation and milk yield. Animal, 4 (01), 147–155. doi: https://doi.org/10.1017/s175173110999098x
- Nazeri, P., Mirmiran, P., Tahmasebinejad, Z., Hedayati, M., Delshad, H., Azizi, F. (2017). The Effects of Iodine Fortified Milk on the Iodine Status of Lactating Mothers and Infants in an Area with a Successful Salt Iodization Program: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Nutrients, 9 (2), 180. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/nu9020180
- Roziev, R. A., Evdokunina, E. A., Goncharova, A. Ya., Homichenok, V. V., Miroevskaya, A. S., Erimbetov, K. T., Zemlyanoy, R. A (2017). Yodirovanie molochnyh produktov – zabota o budushchem. Pererabotka moloka, 2.
- Nazarov, V. P., Derevyanko, L. P. (2009). Ispol'zovanie koncentrata elamina iz morskoy vodorosli laminarii dlya minimizacii deystviya radiacii i yodnoy nedostatochnosti. Naukovi pratsi Chornomorskoho derzhavnoho universytetu imeni Petra Mohyly. Ser.: Tekhnohenna bezpeka, 116 (103), 57–62.
- Bondarenko, T. A., Ryzhkova, T. M., Prudnikov, V. H. (2010). Vykorystannia «Elaminu» v ratsionakh kharchuvannia naselennia Ukrainy. Prohresyvni tekhnika ta tekhnolohiyi kharchovykh vyrobnytstv restorannoho hospodarstva i torhivli, 2 (12), 325–327.
- Ryzhkova, T., Bondarenko, T., Dyukareva, G., Biletskaya, Y. (2017). Development of a technology with an iodine-containing additive to produce kefir from goat milk. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (11 (87)), 37–44. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.103824
- Abadía-García, L., Cardador, A., Martín del Campo, S. T., Arvízu, S. M., Castaño-Tostado, E., Regalado-González, C. et. al. (2013). Influence of probiotic strains added to cottage cheese on generation of potentially antioxidant peptides, anti-listerial activity, and survival of probiotic microorganisms in simulated gastrointestinal conditions. International Dairy Journal, 33 (2), 191–197. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.idairyj.2013.04.005
- Jesus, A. L. T., Fernandes, M. S., Kamimura, B. A., Prado-Silva, L., Silva, R., Esmerino, E. A. et. al. (2016). Growth potential of Listeria monocytogenes in probiotic cottage cheese formulations with reduced sodium content. Food Research International, 81, 180–187. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2015.12.030
- Ribeiro, A., Caleja, C., Barros, L., Santos-Buelga, C., Barreiro, M. F., Ferreira, I. C. F. R. (2016). Rosemary extracts in functional foods: extraction, chemical characterization and incorporation of free and microencapsulated forms in cottage cheese. Food & Function, 7 (5), 2185–2196. doi: https://doi.org/10.1039/c6fo00270f
- Caleja, C., Ribeiro, A., Barros, L., Barreira, J. C. M., Antonio, A. L., Beatriz P.P. Oliveira, M. et. al. (2016). Cottage cheeses functionalized with fennel and chamomile extracts: Comparative performance between free and microencapsulated forms. Food Chemistry, 199, 720–726. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2015.12.085
- Buhaiova, V. M. (2012). Vykorystannia finikiv u tekhnoohiyi kyslomolochnoho syru. Materaly 78 Mizhnarodnoi konferentsiyi molodykh vchenykh, aspirantiv i studentiv: Naukovi zdobutky molodi – vyrishennia problem kharchuvannia liudstva u XXI stolitti. Kyiv: NUKhT, 162.
- Serhienko, L. Ye. (2012). Pokrashchennia vlastyvostei kyslomolochnoho syru za umovy dodavannia yabluk. Materaly 78 Mizhnarodnoi konferentsiyi molodykh vchenykh, aspirantiv i studentiv: Naukovi zdobutky molodi – vyrishennia problem kharchuvannia liudstva u XXI stolitti. Kyiv: NUKhT, 163.
- Crevier, B., Bélanger, G., Vuillemard, J.-C., St-Gelais, D. (2017). Short communication: Production of cottage cheese fortified with vitamin D. Journal of Dairy Science, 100 (7), 5212–5216. doi: https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2016-12308
- Sviridova, T. V., Orlovtseva, O. A., Yusupova, K. R. (2016). Research of organoleptic, physical-chemical and microbiological indicators of the enriched cottage cheese. Proceedings of the Voronezh State University of Engineering Technologies, 1, 186–190. doi: https://doi.org/10.20914/2310-1202-2016-1-186-190
- Ryzhkova, T., Dyukareva, G., Prudnikov, V., Goncharova, I. (2018). Development of cottage cheese technology using whey broth of linder flowers. EUREKA: Life Sciences, 5, 44–54. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.21303/2504-5695.2018.00712
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 Taisia Ryzhkova, Galina Dyukareva, Vasily Prudnikov, Iryna Goncharova
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.