Improvement of efficiency in the organization of transfer trains at developed railway nodes by implementing a "flexible model"
Keywords:developed railroad junction, delivery time, schedule of trains, imitational simulation, stochastic flow
We have studied the efficiency of organization of transfer trains at developed railroad junctions based on the criterion of total hours of railroad wagon downtime under accumulation. We have constructed discrete-event simulation models (Java SE, AnyLogic) of the organization of transfer trains in line with a "rigid schedule" and under accumulation to the standard for trains. The models take into consideration the stochastic nature of wagon arrivals to the accumulation points and meeting the established norm for the mass of trains. It is considered at modeling that track development of railroad stations and intranodal passages is rational and does not significantly affect delay in the motion of transfer trains. The transfer trains schedule is rational and rhythmic. The throughput capacity of open tracks at a node and the processing capability of subsystems at railroad stations are sufficient.
We have experimentally compared the efficiency of four models of the organization of transfer trains, including a "flexible model", which combines dispatch upon accumulation to the standard of a train and a "rigid schedule" at the same time. It was established that the minimal hours of wagon accumulation are achieved when transfer trains are organized via a combined variant: a simultaneous dispatch in line with a "rigid schedule" and at accumulation to the standard. Organization of transfer trains in line with a "rigid schedule" requires the organization of additional trains, otherwise there is an increase in the queue of wagons at accumulation points. When increasing the number of daily trains by 10‒11 %, the process of forming and dispatching becomes sufficiently reliable and efficient.The specified recommendations would make it possible to improve the typical process of operation of railroad junctions in terms of dispatcher control over the formation, dispatch, and passing of transfer trains during intranodal traffic
- Bohlin, M., Gestrelius, S., Dahms, F., Mihalák, M., Flier, H. (2016). Optimization Methods for Multistage Freight Train Formation. Transportation Science, 50 (3), 823–840. doi: https://doi.org/10.1287/trsc.2014.0580
- Matsiuk, V. (2017). A study of the technological reliability of railway stations by an example of transit trains processing. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (3 (85)), 18–24. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.91074
- Katsman, M. D., Myronenko, V. K., Matsiuk, V. I. (2015). Mathematical models of ecologically hazardous rail traffic accidents. Reliability: Theory & Applications, 10 (1 (36)), 28–39. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/v/mathematical-models-of-ecologically-hazardous-rail-traffic-accidents
- Matsiuk, V. I. (2015). Research of technical stations technological sets of tracks reliability by discrete-event simulation. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Derzhavnoho ekonomiko-tekhnolohichnoho universytetu transportu. Seriya: Transportni systemy i tekhnolohiyi, 26-27, 268–272.
- Prokhorchenko, А., Parkhomenko, L., Kyman, A., Matsiuk, V., Stepanova, J. (2019). Improvement of the technology of accelerated passage of low-capacity car traffic on the basis of scheduling of grouped trains of operational purpose. Procedia Computer Science, 149, 86–94. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2019.01.111
- Skalozub, V. V., Ivanov, O. P., Shvets, O. M. (2015). Nechitki modeli upravlinnia ekspluatatsieiu tekhnichnykh system dlia zabezpechennia stiykosti zaliznychnykh perevezen. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Dnipropetrovskoho natsionalnoho universytetu zaliznychnoho transportu imeni akademika V. Lazariana. Transportni systemy ta tekhnolohii perevezen, 9, 65–71.
- Muradian, A. O. (2015). Development of the concept of game approach to coordination of cargo delivery management with transfer in general transport nodes. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (3 (78)), 17–24. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2015.54273
- Chen, C., Fang, H., Xue, F. (2012). Model and Algorithm of the Car-to-Block Assignment Plan on Railway Network. ICLEM 2012. doi: https://doi.org/10.1061/9780784412602.0009
- Svetashev, A. A., Svetasheva, N. F. (2016). The process of accumulation wagons at marshalling yards with a firm timetable trains. Nauchno-tekhnicheskiy vestnik Bryanskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 4, 117–123. doi: https://doi.org/10.22281/2413-9920-2016-02-04-117-123
- Kudryavcev, V. A., Svetashev A. A. (2014). Process of carriage accumulating for train sets. Proceedings of Petersburg Transport University, 3, 98‒104.
- Clausen, U., Voll, R. (2013). A comparison of North American and European railway systems. European Transport Research Review, 5 (3), 129–133. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12544-013-0090-4
- Yaghini, M., Momeni, M., Sarmadi, M. (2015). A hybrid solution method for fuzzy train formation planning. Applied Soft Computing, 31, 257–265. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asoc.2015.02.039
- Shramenko, N. Y. (2018). Mathematical model of the logistics chain for the delivery of bulk cargo by rail transport. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, 5, 136–141. doi: https://doi.org/10.29202/nvngu/2018-5/15
- Shramenko, N., Muzylyov, D., Karnaukh,M. (2018). The principles of the choice of management decisions based on fuzzy logic for cargo delivery of grain to the seaport. International Journal of Engineering and Technology, 7 (4.3), 211–216. doi: https://doi.org/10.14419/ijet.v7i4.3.19789
- Shramenko, N. Y. (2016). Methodology for evaluation of synergy effect in terminal cargo delivery system. Actual Problems of Economics, 8, 439–444.
- Kudryavcev, V. A., Svetashev, A. A. (2015). Reduction of average daily wagon-hours cost of wagon accumulation for train composition using nuanced train normative values. Proceedings of Petersburg Transport University, 1, 26‒34.
- Myronenko, V. K., Matsiuk, V. I. (2012). Vyznachennia optymalnoho mistsia kontsentratsiyi tekhnichnoi pererobky mistsevoho vahonopotoku v rozvynenykh zaliznychnykh vuzlakh za kryteriem minimizatsiyi chasu. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Derzhavnoho ekonomiko-tekhnolohichnoho universytetu transportu. Seriya: Transportni systemy i tekhnolohiyi, 20, 246–253.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Viacheslav Matsiuk, Viktor Myronenko, Vladimir Horoshko, Andrii Prokhorchenko, Tetyana Hrushevska, Rozalia Shcherbyna, Nadiia Matsiuk, Julia Khokhlacheva, Iryna Biziuk, Nikolay Tymchenko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.