Determining the rational parameters for processing spent etching solutions by ferritization using alternating magnetic fields
Keywords:etching solutions, waste processing, ferritization, electromagnetic activation, ferrite sediments, magnetite
This paper reports the results of studying the application of a ferritization method for the integrated purification of used etching solutions. A feature of this work is the use of energy-saving activation of the process by alternating magnetic fields. Its advantages are shown in comparison with traditional thermal activation. The influence of magnetic induction amplitude and key technological parameters of ferritization on the quality of cleaning an etching solution has been studied. The qualitative and quantitative composition of sediments obtained after the ferritization of etching solutions was investigated.
Used etching solutions are large-tonnage waste of industrial enterprises. They contain harmful pollutants that have a detrimental effect on the environment. It is promising to treat these solutions in order to obtain valuable commodity products.
It is established that with an optimal value of magnetic induction amplitude of 0.1 Tl, the degree of extraction of iron ions from the solution reaches a value of 99.99 %. The best values for the main technological parameters of the process have been determined: the concentration of iron ions in the reaction mixture is 6.6 g/dm3; pH, 11.5; the duration of ferritization is 15 min. The residual concentration of iron ions in purified solutions does not exceed 0.3 mg/dm3. Thus, according to the norms of current standards, they can be reused in production. Comparative analysis indicates the advantages of electromagnetic activation of the reaction mixture. The phases of magnetite Fe3O4 and iron monohydrate δ ‒ FeOОН were detected by the method of X-ray phase analysis in ferritization sediments. It is established that with an amplitude of 0.1 Tl, the sediment contains only magnetite. The study's results indicate the possibility of further use of sediments for the manufacture of important ferromagnetic substances.
The application of the improved ferritization process in production will achieve less energy consumption compared to well-known processing technologies
- Cheremisin, A. V., Valiullin, L. R., Myazin, N. S., Logunov, S. E. (2021). Efficient treatment of wastewater from galvanic plants. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1942 (1), 012095. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/1942/1/012095
- Liu, Q., Pan, D., Ding, T., Ye, M., He, F. (2020). Clean & environmentally friendly regeneration of Fe-surface cleaning pickling solutions. Green Chemistry, 22 (24), 8728–8733. doi: https://doi.org/10.1039/d0gc03297b
- Sultan, B. B. M., Thierry, D., Torrescano-Alvarez, J. M., Ogle, K. (2022). Selective dissolution during acid pickling of aluminum alloys by element-resolved electrochemistry. Electrochimica Acta, 404, 139737. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2021.139737
- Wieszczycka, K., Filipowiak, K., Wojciechowska, I., Buchwald, T. (2021). Efficient metals removal from waste pickling liquor using novel task specific ionic liquids - classical manner and encapsulation in polymer shell. Separation and Purification Technology, 262, 118239. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seppur.2020.118239
- Xu, C., Zhou, J., Yin, S., Wang, Y., Zhang, L., Hu, S. et. al. (2021). Solvent extraction and separation of zinc-iron from spent pickling solution with tri-n-octylamine. Separation and Purification Technology, 278, 119579. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seppur.2021.119579
- Ramezani, M., Enayati, M., Ramezani, M., Ghorbani, A. (2021). A study of different strategical views into heavy metal(oid) removal in the environment. Arabian Journal of Geosciences, 14 (21). doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12517-021-08572-4
- Sharma, P., Chaturvedi, P., Chandra, R., Kumar, S. (2022). Identification of heavy metals tolerant Brevundimonas sp. from rhizospheric zone of Saccharum munja L. and their efficacy in in-situ phytoremediation. Chemosphere, 295, 133823. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2022.133823
- Reis, M. T. A., Ismael, M. R. C. (2018). Electroplating wastes. Physical Sciences Reviews, 3 (6). doi: https://doi.org/10.1515/psr-2018-0024
- Cunha, T. N. D., Trindade, D. G., Canesin, M. M., Effting, L., de Moura, A. A., Moisés, M. P. et. al. (2020). Reuse of Waste Pickling Acid for the Production of Hydrochloric Acid Solution, Iron(II) Chloride and Magnetic Iron Oxide: An Eco-Friendly Process. Waste and Biomass Valorization, 12 (3), 1517–1528. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12649-020-01079-1
- Pietrelli, L., Ferro, S., Vocciante, M. (2018). Raw materials recovery from spent hydrochloric acid-based galvanizing wastewater. Chemical Engineering Journal, 341, 539–546. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2018.02.041
- Xiaoyu, W., Gang, L., Shuo, Y. (2020). Study on the Treatment and Recovery of Acid in Steel Pickling Wastewater with Diffusion Dialysis. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 510 (4), 042046. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1755-1315/510/4/042046
- Drápala, J., Petlák, D., Brožová, S., Malcharcziková, J., Langová, Š., Vontorová, J. et. al. (2021). Possibilities of zinc extraction from galvanic sludges by means of electrolysis. METAL 2021 Conference Proeedings. doi: https://doi.org/10.37904/metal.2021.4244
- Tatarintseva, E. A., Dolbnya, I. V., Bukharova, E. A., Olshanskaya, L. N., Politaeva, N. A. (2019). Purification of natural water and wastewater from petroleum and petroleum products by sorption materials on a basis of industrial waste. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 288 (1), 012030. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1755-1315/288/1/012030
- Merentsov, N. A., Bokhan, S. A., Lebedev, V. N., Persidskiy, A. V., Balashov, V. A. (2018). System for Centralised Collection, Recycling and Removal of Waste Pickling and Galvanic Solutions and Sludge. Materials Science Forum, 927, 183–189. doi: https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/msf.927.183
- Heuss-Aßbichler, S., John, M., Klapper, D., Bläß, U. W., Kochetov, G. (2016). Recovery of copper as zero-valent phase and/or copper oxide nanoparticles from wastewater by ferritization. Journal of Environmental Management, 181, 1–7. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2016.05.053
- Kochetov, G., Prikhna, T., Samchenko, D., Prysiazhna, O., Monastyrov, M., Mosshchil, V., Mamalis, A. (2021). Resource efficient ferritizatio treatment for concentrated wastewater from electroplating production with aftertreatment by nanosorbents. Nanotechnology Perceptions, 17 (1), 9–18. doi: https://doi.org/10.4024/n22ko20a.ntp.17.01
- Kochetov, G., Prikhna, T., Samchenko, D., Kovalchuk, O. (2019). Development of ferritization processing of galvanic waste involving the energysaving electromagnetic pulse activation of the process. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (10 (102)), 6–14. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2019.184179
- Kochetov, G., Samchenko, D., Arhatenko, T. (2021). Determination of influence of pH on reaction mixture of ferritation process with electromagnetic pulse activation on the processing of galvanic sludge. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4 (10 (112)), 24–30. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.239102
- Yemchura, B., Kochetov, G., Samchenko, D., Prikhna, T. (2021). Ferritization-Based Treatment of Zinc-Containing Wastewater Flows: Influence of Aeration Rates. Environmental Science and Engineering, 171–176. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-51210-1_29
- Justin, J. M. (2018). On Generalized Variance Functions for Sample Means and Medians. JSM 2018 – Survey Research Methods Section, 584–594. Available at: https://www.bls.gov/osmr/research-papers/2018/pdf/st180080.pdf
- Glyva, V. A., Levchenko, L. O., Panova, O. V., Tykhenko, O. M., Radomska, M. M. (2020). The composite facing material for electromagnetic felds shielding. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 907 (1), 012043. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899x/907/1/012043
- Derecha, D. O., Skirta, Y. B., Gerasimchuk, I. V. (2014). Electrolyte Vortex Dynamics in the Vicinity of a Ferromagnetic Surface in a Direct Current Magnetic Field. The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 118 (50), 14648–14651. doi: https://doi.org/10.1021/jp510275x
- Derecha, D. O., Skirta, Y. B., Gerasimchuk, I. V., Hruzevych, A. V. (2020). Statistical and Fourier analysis of the vortex dynamics of fluids in an external magnetic field. Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 873, 114399. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelechem.2020.114399
- Trus, I., Gomelya, M. (2021). Effectiveness of Nanofiltration During water Purification from heavy metal ions. Journal of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy, 56 (3), 615–620. Available at: https://dl.uctm.edu/journal/node/j2021-3/21_20-03p615-620.pdf
- Manashev, I. R., Gavrilova, T. O., Shatokhin, I. M., Ziatdinov, M. K., Leont’ev, L. I. (2020). Recycling Dispersed Waste of Ferroalloy Production on the Basis of Metallurgical Self-Propagating High-Temperature Synthesis. Steel in Translation, 50 (9), 585–591. doi: https://doi.org/10.3103/s0967091220090089
- Kim, D., Kirakosyan, A., Lee, J. W., Jeong, J.-R., Choi, J. (2018). Flexible h-BN foam sheets for multifunctional electronic packaging materials with ultrahigh thermostability. Soft Matter, 14 (20), 4204–4212. doi: https://doi.org/10.1039/c8sm00521d
- Guan, Y., Meng, X., Zhao, X., Lin, Y., Li, S., Wang, T., Cheng, J. (2022). The Effects of the Structural Tuning on the Sensing Performance of Extinguishant Detector Based on the Differential Pressure Principle. IEEE Sensors Journal, 22 (8), 7808–7815. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/jsen.2022.3158815
- Kovalchuk, O., Kochetov, G., Samchenko, D. (2019). Study of service properties of alkali-activated cement using wastewater treatment residues. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 708 (1), 012087. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899x/708/1/012087
- Kochetov, G., Kovalchuk, O., Samchenko, D. (2020). Development of technology of utilization of products of ferritization processing of galvanic waste in the composition of alkaline cements. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (10 (107)), 6–13. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2020.215129
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Gennadii Kochetov, Dmitry Samchenko, Oles Lastivka, Dmitry Derecha
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.