Development of the concept of building project management systems in the context of digital transformation of project-oriented companies
Keywords:project management systems, organization, methodology, project management technology, digital transformation
An analysis of the impact of new global trends, such as Industry 4.0, on project-oriented companies was performed. Based on the analysis, the research problem is formulated, which consists in the need to create project management systems in accordance with the concepts, ideas, principles and methods of digital transformation of project-oriented companies. Project management processes in the conditions of digital transformation of project-oriented companies are defined as the object of research.
An approach to the creation of project management systems is proposed, which is based on the need to adapt the organizational, methodological and technological components of these systems to the specifics of a project-oriented company and the conditions of digital transformation. Based on this approach, the methodological, organizational and technological components of project management systems were improved. As part of the organizational component, a structural and functional model of project management is proposed, which takes into account the conditions of digital transformation of a project-oriented company. Within the framework of the methodological component, it is proposed to use management meta-methodology to create a project management methodology specific to the company's conditions and digital transformation processes. A digital interpretation of matrix information technologies for the technological component is proposed.
An organizational and technological model of implementation of project management systems in the conditions of digital transformation of companies was developed.
The conditions for the practical use of the concept are given: the systematic organization of the digital space and the availability of qualified specialists in the creation of project management systems. The implementation of the concept made it possible to reduce the project execution time by 5–20 %, as well as project cost due to more rhythmic work performance
- Krysovyi, A. I., Sokhatska, O. M. et al.; Krysovyi, A. I., Sokhatska, O. M. (Eds.) (2018). Chetverta promyslova revoliutsiia: zmina napriamiv mizhnarodnykh investytsiinykh potokiv. Ternopil: Osadtsa Yu.V., 478. Available at: http://dspace.wunu.edu.ua/bitstream/316497/33661/1/МОНОГРАФІЯ_ЧЕТВЕРТА%20ПРОМИСЛОВА%20РЕВОЛЮЦІЯ.pdf
- Vial, G. (2019). Understanding digital transformation: A review and a research agenda. The Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 28 (2), 118–144. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsis.2019.01.003
- Teslia, I., Yehorchenkova, N., Khlevna, I., Yehorchenkov, O., Biloshchytska, S., Kataieva, Y. (2022). Approach and structure of special organizational, methodological and technological components of project and program portfolio management systems. Scientific Journal of Astana IT University, 10, 119–132. doi: https://doi.org/10.37943/ahfo5398
- Teslia, I., Yehorchenkov, O., Khlevna, I., Khlevnyi, A. (2018). Development of the concept and method of building of specified project management methodologies. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (3 (95)), 6–16. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.142707
- Marcelino, E., Domingues, L. (2022). An analysis of how well serious games cover the PMBOK. Procedia Computer Science, 196, 1013–1020. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2021.12.104
- Rukovodstvo k svodu znaniy po upravleniyu proektami. Available at: https://biconsult.ru/files/datavault/PMBOK-6th-Edition-Ru.pdf
- Garcia, L. A., OliveiraJr, E., Morandini, M. (2022). Tailoring the Scrum framework for software development: Literature mapping and feature-based support. Information and Software Technology, 146, 106814. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.infsof.2021.106814
- Hron, M., Obwegeser, N. (2022). Why and how is Scrum being adapted in practice: A systematic review. Journal of Systems and Software, 183, 111110. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2021.111110
- Babkin, A., Safiullin, A., Tronin, V., Alexandrov, A. (2022). Transformation of Software Project Management in Industry 4.0. Innovations in Digital Economy, 159–170. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-14985-6_11
- Silva, D., Tereso, A., Fernandes, G., Pinto, J. Â. (2014). OPM3® Portugal Project: Analysis of Preliminary Results. Procedia Technology, 16, 1027–1036. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.protcy.2014.10.057
- Zaguir, N. A., Martins, M. R. (2007). Revisão crítica do opm3: um estudo de redundâncias. Revista Gestão Industrial, 3 (1). doi: https://doi.org/10.3895/s1808-04482007000100007
- Bushuyev, S., Bushuyev, D., Neizvestny, S. (2020). Convergence and hybridization of project management methodologies. Scientific Journal of Astana IT University, 2, 86–101. Available at: http://ojs.astanait.edu.kz/index.php/sjaitu/article/view/19/17
- Varajão, J., Colomo-Palacios, R., Silva, H. (2017). ISO 21500:2012 and PMBoK 5 processes in information systems project management. Computer Standards & Interfaces, 50, 216–222. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.csi.2016.09.007
- Teslia, I. M., Khlevna, I. L., Yehorchenkov, O. V., Yehorchenkova, N. I. (2018). Organizational bases of implementation of Specified project management. Methodologies. Sciences of Europe. Technical sciences, 1 (34), 12–18.
- Teslia, I., Yehorchenkova, N., Yehorchenkov, O., Khlevna, I., Kataieva, Y., Veretelnyk, V. et al. (2022). Development of the concept of construction of the project management information standard on the basis of the primadoc information management system. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (3 (115)), 53–65. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2022.253299
- Chen, X., Dai, Q., Na, C. (2019). The value of enterprise information systems under different corporate governance aspects. Information Technology and Management, 20 (4), 223–247. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10799-019-00310-3
- Boiko, Ye. H. (2014). Stvorennia korporatyvnoi systemy upravlinnia proektamy dlia proektno-orientovanoho pidpryiemstva na bazi tsinnisnoho pidkhodu. Upravlinnia rozvytkom skladnykh system, 19, 12–16. Available at: http://mdcs.knuba.edu.ua/article/view/38539/34895
- Nikolskyі, V., Kramskyі, S. (2019). Conceptual basis of management by portfolio of projects and programs on the example of the maritime industry. Upravlinnia rozvytkom skladnykh system, 39, 25–31. doi: https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.11340635
- Teslya, Yu. N., Egorchenkov, A. V., Egorchenkova, N. Yu., Kataev, D. S., CHernaya, N. A. (2011). Sistema upravleniya proektami aviastroitel'nogo predpriyatiya. Upravlinnia rozvytkom skladnykh system, 8, 55–59. Available at: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Urss_2011_8_14
- Tsaruk, V. (2020). The need for formation of analytical system of corporate governance. The Institute of Accounting, Control and Analysis in the Globalization Circumstances, 1, 79–88. doi: https://doi.org/10.35774/ibo2020.01.079
- The standard for Portfolio Management. Global standard. PMI. Available at: http://www.pmi.org/
- Teslia, I., Yehorchenkova, N., Khlevna, I., Yehorchenkov, O., Kataieva, Y., Klevanna, G. (2022). Development of Reflex Technology of Action Identification in Project Planning Systems. 2022 International Conference on Smart Information Systems and Technologies (SIST). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/sist54437.2022.9945727
- Parsons, T. (2000). O strukture sotsial'nogo deystviya. Moscow: Akademi cheskiy Proekt, 880. Available at: https://www.gumer.info/bibliotek_Buks/Sociolog/pars/index.php
- Teslia, I., Latysheva, T. (2016). Development of conceptual frameworks of matrix management of project and programme portfolios. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (3 (79)), 12–18. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2016.61153
- Kishore, N., Pretorius, J. H. C., Chattopadhyay, G. (2019). The Roles of Functional Managers and Project Managers in a Matrix Organization. 2019 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEM). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/ieem44572.2019.8978830
- Elezaj, E., Morina, D., Kuqi, B. (2020). How organizational matrix structure can impact in project management success. 20th SGEM International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference Proceedings 2020, Science and Technologies in Geology, Exploration And Mining. doi: https://doi.org/10.5593/sgem2020/1.1/s01.017
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Iurii Teslia, Iulia Khlevna, Oleksii Yehorchenkov, Nataliia Yehorchenkova, Oleg Grigor, Yevheniia Kataieva, Tatiana Latysheva, Tеtiana Prokopenko, Yuriy Tryus, Andrii Khlevnyi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.