Directions for the implementation of regulatory means for the application of tax benefits in the general system of regulatory regulation of technology support means
Keywords:state technology support, tax incentives, technology taxation, stimulation of technological renewal
This paper substantiates the expediency of conducting scientific research into the formation of the concept of tax benefits within the framework of technology transfer, which would meet the strategic interests of the state and business needs. The study is aimed at finding the optimal level of tax benefits within the existing means of state support for the introduction of new technologies.
It is proved that the effectiveness of preferential taxation depends on the area of implementation, the level of the economy, the sustainability and immutability of tax legislation. Normative means of formation of a system of preferential taxation of innovation activity and technology transfer within the legal system are proposed, namely:
1) a candidate for tax benefits from the state must undergo a special permitting procedure for confirming its legal status;
2) the system of tax benefits for participants in innovative relations and technology transfer should include two options for tax systems. On the one hand, there should be a system of tax benefits based on a preferential rate of income tax, value added tax, and an increased level of depreciation. On the other hand, a special type of simplified taxation system should be implemented, which should contain special (preferential) rates for paying a single tax;
3) the types of activities that can be carried out by business entities wishing to receive tax benefits should be limited by law. Such activities should include only those that carry out activities in the field of social production of goods.
The results of the study take into account the world experience of using similar means of support and can be used in the formation of regulatory means for regulating these relations
- Nellen, A. (2012). Tax Reform and Incentives for Innovation. The Contemporary Tax Journal, 2(1). doi: https://doi.org/10.31979/2381-3679.2012.020107
- Uzunidis, D., Kasmi, F., Adatto, L. (2021). Tax – Taxation and Innovation: Incentives, Attractiveness and Innovation Policies. Innovation Economics, Engineering and Management Handbook. Wiley, 357–361. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/9781119832492.ch45
- Colombo, D. G. e. (2017). Economic analysis of innovation tax incentives in Brazil: essays on the impacts of law 11,196/05 on industrial innovation. Sao Paulo. doi: https://doi.org/10.11606/t.12.2017.tde-01092017-171755
- Yu, Q. (2011). Tax Incentives to Promote Technological Innovation Research. 2011 Fourth International Joint Conference on Computational Sciences and Optimization. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/cso.2011.250
- Evans, C., Joseph, S.-A. (2022). The Role of Tax Incentives in the Promotion of Innovation and Entrepreneurship: A Time and a Place. Innovation, Technology, and Knowledge Management. Springer, 39–60. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-10119-9_3
- Horizon Europe, open science. Directorate-General for Research and Innovation (2021). European Commission. Available at: https://op.europa.eu/en/web/eu-law-and-publications/publication-detail/-/publication/9570017e-cd82-11eb-ac72-01aa75ed71a1
- Katsoulacos, Y., Tsipouri, L., Guy, K. (2005). The impact of R&D; State aid and its appraisal on the level of EU research expenditure in the contect of the Barcelona European Council objectives. CERES-2005. Available at: http://ec.europa.eu/competition/state_aid/studies_reports/2005_study_state_aid_rd_en.pdf
- Shovkoplias, H., Shvydka, T., Davydiuk, O., Klierini, H., Sharenko, M. (2022). Development of directions for modernizing means of technology transfer financing at the account of the non-banking financial market under martial law. the example of Ukraine. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (13 (119)), 52–59. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2022.265789
- Homon, M. (2020). Evaluation of the level of state regulation potential of enterprises innovative activity. Ekonomika ta Derzhava, 6, 220. doi: https://doi.org/10.32702/2306-6806.2020.6.220
- Siiushov, D. Yu. (2021). On problemic aspects of ukrainian laws on state aid in the context of tax incentives. Juridical Scientific and Electronic Journal, 1, 125–129. doi: https://doi.org/10.32782/2524-0374/2021-1/29
- Supporting Investment in Knowledge Capital, Growth and Innovation (2013). OECD Publishing, 360. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1787/9789264193307-en
- Pro innovatsiinu diialnist (2020). Zakon Ukrainy No. 40-IV. 04.07.2020. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/40-15#Text
- Pro priorytetni napriamy rozvytku nauky i tekhniky (2001). Zakon Ukrainy No. 2623-III. 11.07.2001. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2623-14#Text
- Pro priorytetni napriamy innovatsiinoi diialnosti v Ukraini (2011). Zakon Ukrainy No. 3715-VI. 08.09.2011. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/3715-17#Text
- Shchodo dotsilnosti zaprovadzhennia podatkovykh mekhanizmiv stymuliuvannia innovatsiino-investytsiinoho rozvytku v Ukraini (2013). NISS. Available at: https://niss.gov.ua/doslidzhennya/ekonomika/schodo-docilnosti-zaprovadzhennya-podatkovikh-mekhanizmiv-stimulyuvannya?__cf_chl_tk=YcDfYzQDuE_KHYxNs8DP4olX_.9Q_uq7_hXUdw9dEs0-1673519700-0-gaNycGzNCL0
- Straathof, B., Ladinska, E. G., Kox, H., Mocking, R. et al. (2014). A study on R&D tax incentives: Final Report. EU Taxation Paper, 52, 5. Available at: https://works.bepress.com/henk_kox/66/
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Iryna Bondarenko, Tetyana Shulga, Volodymyr Kapustnyk, Svitlana Hotsuliak, Pavlo Duravkin
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.