Examining a mechanism of generating the fragments of protective film in the trybological system "epoxycomposite–steel"
Keywords:epoxycomposite material, copper oxide powder, chemical analysis, selective transfer, tribosurface, counter body
The influence of multifunctional fillers on wear resistance of epoxycomposites, operated under conditions of friction without lubrication at elevated slip velocity and loadings was explored. Introduction of these fillers in the optimum amount provides high cohesive strength and gives epoxycomposites tribotechnical properties. The developed composition of epoxycomposite materials allows the implementation of the effect of selective transfer during friction interaction.
Wear intensity of epoxycomposites under different loading and velocity modes was determined, which made it possible to establish favourable mode of formation of a protective film.
The analysis of structural elements of tribosurfaces of epoxycomposite materials and a counter body was carried out and chemical composition of fragments of the protective film on tribosufraces was defined. It proved a hypothesis on the formation of a copper protective film at tribosurfaces as a result of selective transfer. The reasons for initiation of the process of generation of protective film fragments on surfaces of tribobodies was established and the sequence of stages of its formation in highly filled epoxycomposites was defined. The shape, dimensions and the area of fragments of a protective film, formed at tribosurfaces of the system "epoxycomposite – a steel counter body" system, were determined. The formed film in the form of fragments of elongated shape in direction of the friction process stabilizes the process of tribointeraction due to the capability of self-restoring.
Using the developed epoxycomposites, which operate under the mode of selective transfer, decreases friction coefficient and wear intensity due to the formation of laminar and porous structure of a film. Accordingly, it will allow controlling the process of friction, reducing material and economic costs in the process of maintenance and repair of equipment, which solves topical scientific and practical tasks of modern tribomaterials science.
Feasibility of using the protective copper films in tribonodes was established, which will make it possible to expand the area of using the epoxycomposite triboproducts in machine building, instrument engineering, chemical and light industries.
- Kostornov, A. (2012). Trybotekhnycheskoe materyalovedenye. Kyiv: Izd-vo “Noulidzh, 696.
- Friedrich, K. (1986). Composite materials series. Vol. 1. Elsevier. doi: 10.1016/b978-0-444-42524-9.50001-6
- Labunets, V., Bratytsa, L., Klymova, T., Medvedeva, N. (2010). Materyalovedenye – osnova razvytyia sovremennoi trybotekhnyky. Problemy tertia ta znoshuvannia, 53, 34–41.
- Friedrich, K., Zhang, Z., Schlarb, A. (2005). Effects of various fillers on the sliding wear of polymer composites. Composites Science and Technology, 65 (15-16), 2329–2343. doi: 10.1016/j.compscitech.2005.05.028
- Myshko, V., Kochetova, Ya. (1981). Yssledovanye yznosostoikosty vysokonapolnennykh mediu polymernykh kompozytsii. Kompozytsyonnye polymernye materyaly, 9, 12–18.
- Savchuk, P. (2008). Osoblyvosti zastosuvannia epoksydnykh kompozytsiinykh materialiv u trybotekhnitsi. Problemy trybolohii, 4 (50), 120–125.
- Sawczuk, P., Sadova, О., Kaszyckyj, V. (2013). Wspolczesne trendy rozwoju badan w zakresie tarcia i zuycia materialow. PRO FUTURO, 2 (1), 188–198.
- Kostornov, A., Fushchych, Y., Chevychelova, T. (2007). Zakonomernosty trenyia, yznosa y tselenapravlennoho synteza poverkhnostei trenyia kompozytsyonnykh samosmazyvaiushchykhsia materyalov. Poroshkovaia metallurhyia, 3/4, 11–19.
- Hotin, P. N., Petrenko, A. V., Frolova, N. V. (1991). Sravnytelnaia otsenka rabotosposobnosty samo-smazyvaiushchykhsia materyalov pry trenyy na vozdukhe. Plastycheskye massy, 10, 25–27.
- Svyrydenok, A. (1987). Rol fryktsyonnoho perenosa v mekhanyzme samosmazyvanyia kompozytsyonnykh materyalov. Trenye y yznos, 8 (5), 773–778.
- Kashytskyi, V., Savchuk, P., Budkina, O., Redko, R. (2011). Do pytannia pro realizatsiiu efektu vybirkovoho perenesennia v epoksykompozytakh, dodatkovo napovnenykh oksydamy midi. Naukovyi visnyk KhDMI, 1 (4), 190–197.
- Savchuk, P., Kashytskyi, V., Sadova, O. (2011). Naukovi peredumovy ta svitova praktyka realizatsii yavyshcha “vybirkovoho perenesennia” v polimerkompozytakh pry navantazhenni tertiam. Naukovi notatky, 34, 236–240.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Vitalii Kashytskyi, Oksana Sadova, Oleksandr Liushuk, Oleksandr Davydiuk, Serhii Myskovets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.