Determination of dynamic loading of bearing structures of freight wagons with actual dimensions
Keywords:freight wagon, bearing structure, dynamic loading, modeling of loading, dynamic indicators, service life, railway transport, transport mechanics
The determination of the dynamic loading of the bearing structures of the main types of freight wagons with the actual dimensions under the main operating conditions is carried out. The inertial coefficients of the bearing structures of the wagons are determined by constructing their spatial models in the SolidWorks software package. Two cases of loading of the bearing structures of the wagons – in the vertical and longitudinal planes – have been taken into account. The studies were carried out in a flat coordinate system. When modeling the vertical loading of the bearing structures of wagons, it was taken into account that they move in the empty state with butt unevenness of the elastic-viscous track. The bearing structures of the wagons are supported by bogies of models 18-100. The solution of differential equations of motion was carried out by the Runge-Kutta method in the MathCad software package. When determining the longitudinal loading of the bearing structures of wagons, the calculation was made for the case of a shunting collision of wagons or a "jerk" (tank wagon). The accelerations acting on the bearing structures of the wagons are determined.
The research results will help to determine the possibility of extending the operation of the bearing structures of freight wagons that have exhausted their standard service life.
It has been established that the indicators of the dynamics of the load-carrying structures of freight wagons with the actual dimensions of the structural elements are within the permissible limits. So, for a gondola wagon, the vertical acceleration of the bearing structure is 4.87 m/s2, for a covered wagon – 5.5 m/s2, for a flat wagon – 5.8 m/s2, for a tank wagon – 4.25 m/s2, for a hopper wagon – 4.5 m/s2. The longitudinal acceleration acting on the bearing structure of a gondola wagon is 38.25 m/s2, for a covered wagon – 38.6 m/s2, for a flat wagon – 38.9 m/s2, for a tank wagon – 27.4 m/s2, for a hopper wagon – 38.5 m/s2. This makes it possible to develop a conceptual framework for restoring the effective functioning of outdated freight wagons.
The conducted research will be useful developments for clarifying the existing methods for extending the service life of the bearing structures of freight wagons that have exhausted their standard resource
- Afanas'ev, A. E. (2008). Razrabotka metodiki raschetno-eksperimental'nogo obosnovaniya prodleniya sroka sluzhby poluvagonov. Izvestiya Peterburgskogo universiteta putey soobshcheniya, 2, 125–135. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/razrabotka-metodiki-raschetno-eksperimentalnogo-obosnovaniya-prodleniya-sroka-sluzhby-poluvagonov/viewer
- Shushmarchenko, V. O., Fedorov, V. V., Strynzha, A. M., Fedosov-Nikonov, D. V. (2020). On the issue of technical diagnostics of tank wagons for transportation of dangerous goods. Railbound rolling stock, 20, 89–95. Available at: https://ukrndiv.com.ua/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/89-95.pdf
- Anofriev, V. H., Reidemeister, O. H., Kalashnyk, V. A., Kulieshov, V. P. (2016). To the issue of extending the service life of cars for transportation of pellets. Science and Transport Progress. Bulletin of Dnipropetrovsk National University of Railway Transport, 3 (63), 148–160. doi: https://doi.org/10.15802/stp2016/74749
- Okorokov, A., Fomin, O., Lovska, A., Vernigora, R., Zhuravel, I., Fomin, V. (2018). Research into a possibility to prolong the time of operation of universal open top wagon bodies that have exhausted their standard resource. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (7 (93)), 20–26. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.131309
- Myamlin, S., Lingaitis, L. P., Dailydka, S., Vaičiūnas, G., Bogdevičius, M., Bureika, G. (2015). Determination of the dynamic characteristics of freight wagons with various bogie. TRANSPORT, 30 (1), 88–92. doi: https://doi.org/10.3846/16484142.2015.1020565
- Krason, W., Niezgoda, T. (2014). FE numerical tests of railway wagon for intermodal transport according to PN-EU standards. Bulletin of the Polish Academy of Sciences Technical Sciences, 62 (4), 843–851. doi: https://doi.org/10.2478/bpasts-2014-0093
- Fomin, O., Lovska, A., Pistek, V., Kucera, P. (2020). Research of stability of containers in the combined trains during transportation by railroad ferry. MM Science Journal, 2020 (1), 3728–3733. doi: https://doi.org/10.17973/mmsj.2020_03_2019043
- Fomin, O., Lovska, A., Píštěk, V., Kučera, P. (2019). Dynamic load effect on the transportation safety of tank containers as part of combined trains on railway ferries. Vibroengineering PROCEDIA, 29, 124–129. doi: https://doi.org/10.21595/vp.2019.21138
- Kondratiev, A. V., Gaidachuk, V. E., Kharchenko, M. E. (2019). Relationships Between the Ultimate Strengths of Polymer Composites in Static Bending, Compression, and Tension. Mechanics of Composite Materials, 55 (2), 259–266. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11029-019-09808-x
- Dižo, J., Steišūnas, S., Blatnický, M. (2016). Simulation Analysis of the Effects of a Rail Vehicle Running with Wheel Flat. Manufacturing Technology, 16 (5), 889–896. doi: https://doi.org/10.21062/ujep/x.2016/a/1213-2489/mt/16/5/889
- Dižo, J., Harušinec, J., Blatnický, M. (2015). Multibody System of a Rail Vehicle Bogie with a Flexible Body. Manufacturing Technology, 15 (5), 781–788. doi: https://doi.org/10.21062/ujep/x.2015/a/1213-2489/mt/15/5/781
- Domin, Yu. V., Cherniak, H. Yu. (2003). Osnovy dynamiky vahoniv. Kyiv: KUETT, 269.
- Vatulia, G. L., Lobiak, O. V., Deryzemlia, S. V., Verevicheva, M. A., Orel, Y. F. (2019). Rationalization of cross-sections of the composite reinforced concrete span structure of bridges with a monolithic reinforced concrete roadway slab. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 664, 012014. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899x/664/1/012014
- Vatulia, G., Komagorova, S., Pavliuchenkov, M. (2018). Optimization of the truss beam. Verification of the calculation results. MATEC Web of Conferences, 230, 02037. doi: https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201823002037
- Fomin, O., Lovska, A. (2020). Improvements in passenger car body for higher stability of train ferry. Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal, 23 (6), 1455–1465. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jestch.2020.08.010
- Boiko, V., Molchanov, V., Tverdomed, V., Oliinyk, O. (2018). Analysis of Vertical Irregularities and Dynamic Forces on the Switch Frogs of the Underground Railway. MATEC Web of Conferences, 230, 01001. doi: https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201823001001
- Aharkov, O. V., Tverdomed, V. M., Boiko, V. D., Kovalchuk, V. V., Strelko, O. H. (2019). Influence of the structural design of rail fastenings on ensuring the stability of track gauge in operating conditions. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 708, 012001. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899x/708/1/012001
- Kir'yanov, D. V. (2006). Mathcad 13. Sankt-Peterburg: BHV, 608.
- D'yakonov, V. (2000). MATHCAD 8/2000: spetsial'niy spravochnik. Sankt-Peterburg: Piter, 592.
- DSTU 7598:2014. Freight wagons. General reguirements to calculation and designing of the new and modernized 1520 mm gauge wagons (non-self-propelled) (2015). Kyiv, 162.
- GOST 33211-2014. Freight wagons. Requirements to structural strength and dynamic qualities (2016). Moscow, 54.
- EN 12663-2. Railway applications - structural requirements of railway vehicle bodies - Part 2: Freight wagons (2010).
- Bogomaz, G. I., Mehov, D. D., Pilipchenko, O. P., Chernomashentseva, Yu. G. (1992). Nagruzhennost' konteynerov-tsistern, raspolozhennyh na zheleznodorozhnoy platforme, pri udarah v avtostsepku. Zb. nauk. prats: Dynamika ta keruvannia rukhom mekhanichnykh system. Kyiv: ANU, Instytut tekhnichnoi mekhaniky, 87–95.
- Fomin, O., Lovska, A., Radkevych, V., Horban, A., Skliarenko, I., Gurenkova, O. (2019). The dynamic loading analysis of containers placed on a flat wagon during shunting collisions. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 14 (21), 3747–3752.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020 Oleksij Fomin, Alyona Lovska
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.