Development of the method for encoding service data in cryptocompression image representation systems
Keywords:cryptocompression, service component, information protection, floating scheme, differentiated basis, image
The demand for image confidentiality is constantly growing. At the same time, ensuring the confidentiality of video information must be organized subject to ensuring its reliability with a given time delay in processing and transmission. Methods of cryptocompression representation of images can be used to solve this problem. They are designed to simultaneously provide compression and protection of video information. The service component is used as the key of the cryptocompression transformation. However, it has a significant volume. It is 25 % of the original video data volume. A method for coding systems of service components in a differentiated basis on the second cascade of cryptocompression representation of images has been developed. The method is based on the developed scheme of data linearization from three-dimensional coordinates of representation in a two-dimensional matrix into a one-dimensional coordinate for one-to-one representation of this element in a vector. Linearization is organized horizontally line by line. On the basis of the developed method, a non-deterministic number of code values of information components is formed. They have non-deterministic lengths and are formed on a non-deterministic number of elements. The uncertainty of positioning of cryptocompression codograms in the general code stream is provided, which virtually eliminates the possibility of their unauthorized decryption. The method provides a reduction in the volume of the service component of the cryptocompression codogram. The service data volume is 6.25 % of the original video data volume. The method provides an additional reduction in the volume of cryptocompression representation of images without loss of information quality relative to the original video data on average from 1.08 to 1.54 times, depending on the degree of their saturation
- Gonzalez, R., Woods, R. (2018). Digital Image Processing. Published by Pearson, 1168.
- Salomon, D. (2007). Data Compression: The Complete Reference. Springer Science & Business Media, 1092.
- Vatolin, D., Ratushnyak, A., Smirnov, M., Yukin, V. (2002). Metody szhatiya dannyh. Ustroystvo arhivatorov, szhatie izobrazheniy i video. Moscow, 384.
- Wallace, G. K. (1991). The JPEG still picture compression standard. Communications of the ACM, 34 (4), 30–44. doi: https://doi.org/10.1145/103085.103089
- JPEG Privacy & Security Abstract and Executive Summary (2015). Available at: https://jpeg.org/items/20150910_privacy_security_summary.html
- Barannik, V., Ryabukha, Y., Barannik, N., Barannik, D. (2020). Indirect Steganographic Embedding Method Based on Modifications of the Basis of the Polyadic System. 2020 IEEE 15th International Conference on Advanced Trends in Radioelectronics, Telecommunications and Computer Engineering (TCSET). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/tcset49122.2020.235522
- Dufaux, F., Ebrahimi, T. (2006). Toward a Secure JPEG. Applications of Digital Image Processing XXIX, 6312. doi: https://doi.org/10.1117/12.686963
- Barannik, V. V., Karpinski, M. P., Tverdokhleb, V. V., Barannik, D. V., Himenko, V. V., Aleksander, M. (2018). The technology of the video stream intensity controlling based on the bit-planes recombination. 2018 IEEE 4th International Symposium on Wireless Systems Within the International Conferences on Intelligent Data Acquisition and Advanced Computing Systems (IDAACS-SWS). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/idaacs-sws.2018.8525560
- Gore, A., Gupta, S. (2015). Full reference image quality metrics for JPEG compressed images. AEU - International Journal of Electronics and Communications, 69 (2), 604–608. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aeue.2014.09.002
- Sharma, R., Bollavarapu, S. (2015). Data Security using Compression and Cryptography Techniques. International Journal of Computer Applications, 117 (14), 15–18. doi: https://doi.org/10.5120/20621-3342
- Belikova, T. (2020). Decoding Method of Information-Psychological Destructions in the Phonetic Space of Information Resources. 2020 IEEE 2nd International Conference on Advanced Trends in Information Theory (ATIT), 87–91. Available at: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9349300
- Barannik, V., Barannik, V., Havrylov, D., Sorokun, A. (2019). Development Second and Third Phase of the Selective Frame Processing Method. 2019 3rd International Conference on Advanced Information and Communications Technologies (AICT). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/aiact.2019.8847897
- Announcing the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). Federal Information Processing Standards Publication 197 (2001). NIST, 51. Available at: https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/FIPS/NIST.FIPS.197.pdf
- DSTU 7624:2014. Informatsiyni tekhnolohiyi. Kryptohrafichnyi zakhyst informatsiyi. Alhorytm symetrychnoho blokovoho peretvorennia (2014). Kyiv, 39.
- DSTU HOST 28147:2009. Systema obrobky informatsiyi. Zakhyst kryptohrafichnyi. Alhorytm kryptohrafichnoho peretvorennia (HOST 28147-89) (2008). Kyiv, 20.
- Rivest, R. L., Shamir, A., Adleman, L. (1978). A method for obtaining digital signatures and public-key cryptosystems. Communications of the ACM, 21 (2), 120–126. doi: https://doi.org/10.1145/359340.359342
- Yuan, L., Korshunov, P., Ebrahimi, T. (2015). Secure JPEG scrambling enabling privacy in photo sharing. 2015 11th IEEE International Conference and Workshops on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition (FG). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/fg.2015.7285022
- Barannik, V., Belikova, T., Gurzhii, P. (2019). The Model of Threats to Information and Psychological Security, Taking into Account the Hidden Information Destructive Impact on the Subconscious of Adolescents. 2019 IEEE International Conference on Advanced Trends in Information Theory (ATIT). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/atit49449.2019.9030432
- Kurihara, K., Shiota, S., Kiya, H. (2015). An encryption-then-compression system for JPEG standard. 2015 Picture Coding Symposium (PCS). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/pcs.2015.7170059
- Kurihara, K., Watanabe, O., Kiya, H. (2016). An encryption-then-compression system for JPEG XR standard. 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Broadband Multimedia Systems and Broadcasting (BMSB). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/bmsb.2016.7521997
- Watanabe, O., Uchida, A., Fukuhara, T., Kiya, H. (2015). An Encryption-then-Compression system for JPEG 2000 standard. 2015 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/icassp.2015.7178165
- Zhou, J., Liu, X., Au, O. C., Tang, Y. Y. (2014). Designing an Efficient Image Encryption-Then-Compression System via Prediction Error Clustering and Random Permutation. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 9 (1), 39–50. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/tifs.2013.2291625
- Naor, M., Shamir, A. (1995). Visual cryptography. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 1–12. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/bfb0053419
- Chen, C.-C., Wu, W.-J. (2014). A secure Boolean-based multi-secret image sharing scheme. Journal of Systems and Software, 92, 107–114. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2014.01.001
- Chen, T.-H., Wu, C.-S. (2011). Efficient multi-secret image sharing based on Boolean operations. Signal Processing, 91 (1), 90–97. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sigpro.2010.06.012
- Deshmukh, M., Nain, N., Ahmed, M. (2016). An (n, n)-Multi Secret Image Sharing Scheme Using Boolean XOR and Modular Arithmetic. 2016 IEEE 30th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/aina.2016.56
- Yang, C.-N., Chen, C.-H., Cai, S.-R. (2016). Enhanced Boolean-based multi secret image sharing scheme. Journal of Systems and Software, 116, 22–34. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2015.01.031
- Ramakrishnan, S. (2019). Cryptographic and Information Security. Approaches for Images and Videos. CRC Press, 986. doi: https://doi.org/10.1201/9780429435461
- Wong, K.-W. (2009). Image Encryption Using Chaotic Maps. Intelligent Computing Based on Chaos, 333–354. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-95972-4_16
- Tsai, C.-L., Chen, C.-J., Hsu, W.-L. (2012). Multi-morphological image data hiding based on the application of Rubik's cubic algorithm. 2012 IEEE International Carnahan Conference on Security Technology (ICCST). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/ccst.2012.6393548
- Wu, Y., Agaian, S., Noonan, J. (2012). Sudoku Associated Two Dimensional Bijections for Image Scrambling. IEEE Transactions on multimedia. Available at: https://arxiv.org/abs/1207.5856v1
- Cheng, P., Yang, H., Wei, P., Zhang, W. (2015). A fast image encryption algorithm based on chaotic map and lookup table. Nonlinear Dynamics, 79 (3), 2121–2131. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11071-014-1798-y
- Information technology – JPEG 2000 image coding system – XML representation and reference. Available at: https://www.itu.int/rec/dologin_pub.asp?lang=e&id=T-REC-T.813-201206-I!!PDF-E&type=items
- Honda, T., Murakami, Y., Yanagihara, Y., Kumaki, T., Fujino, T. (2013). Hierarchical image-scrambling method with scramble-level controllability for privacy protection. 2013 IEEE 56th International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/mwscas.2013.6674911
- Wong, K., Tanaka, K. (2010). DCT based scalable scrambling method with reversible data hiding functionality. 2010 4th International Symposium on Communications, Control and Signal Processing (ISCCSP). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/isccsp.2010.5463307
- Ji, S., Tong, X., Zhang, M. (2012). Image encryption schemes for JPEG and GIF formats based on 3D baker with compound chaotic sequence generator. arXiv.org. Available at: https://arxiv.org/abs/1208.0999
- Phatak, A. G. (2016). A Non-format Compliant Scalable RSA-based JPEG Encryption Algorithm. International Journal of Image, Graphics and Signal Processing, 8 (6), 64–71. doi: https://doi.org/10.5815/ijigsp.2016.06.08
- Auer, S., Bliem, A., Engel, D., Uhl, A., Unterweger, A. (2013). Bitstream-Based JPEG Encryption in Real-time. International Journal of Digital Crime and Forensics, 5 (3), 1–14. doi: https://doi.org/10.4018/jdcf.2013070101
- Kobayashi, H., Kiya, H. (2018). Bitstream-Based JPEG Image Encryption with File-Size Preserving. 2018 IEEE 7th Global Conference on Consumer Electronics (GCCE). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/gcce.2018.8574605
- Minemura, K., Moayed, Z., Wong, K., Qi, X., Tanaka, K. (2012). JPEG image scrambling without expansion in bitstream size. 2012 19th IEEE International Conference on Image Processing. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/icip.2012.6466845
- Alimpiev, A. N., Barannik, V. V., Sidchenko, S. A. (2017). The method of cryptocompression presentation of videoinformation resources in a generalized structurally positioned space. Telecommunications and Radio Engineering, 76 (6), 521–534. doi: https://doi.org/10.1615/telecomradeng.v76.i6.60
- Barannik, V., Sidchenko, S., Barannik, D. (2020). Technology for Protecting Video Information Resources in the Info-Communication Space. 2020 IEEE 2nd International Conference on Advanced Trends in Information Theory (ATIT). Available at: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9349324
- Barannik, V., Barannik, V. (2020). Binomial-Polyadic Binary Data Encoding by Quantity of Series of Ones. 2020 IEEE 15th International Conference on Advanced Trends in Radioelectronics, Telecommunications and Computer Engineering (TCSET). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/tcset49122.2020.235540
- Barannik, V. V., Ryabukha, Y. N., Kulitsa, О. S. (2017). The method for improving security of the remote video information resource on the basis of intellectual processing of video frames in the telecommunication systems. Telecommunications and Radio Engineering, 76 (9), 785–797. doi: https://doi.org/10.1615/telecomradeng.v76.i9.40
- Barannik, V., Tarasenko, D. (2017). Method coding efficiency segments for information technology processing video. 2017 4th International Scientific-Practical Conference Problems of Infocommunications. Science and Technology (PIC S&T). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/infocommst.2017.8246460
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Vladimir Barannik, Serhii Sidchenko, Natalia Barannik, Valeriy Barannik
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.