Improvement of covered wagons of the “East-West” type by sectioning with a partition
Keywords:transport mechanics, covered wagon, frame, dynamic loading, stress state, East-West wagon
The dynamic loading and strength of the frame of the “East-West” type covered wagon were determined. To increase the efficiency of operation of covered wagons in international traffic, it is proposed to improve their frames. This improvement consists in using a sectional partition in the body in order to divide it into two separate sections. This allows the transportation of different goods in one wagon, and therefore decreasing empty mileage.
The longitudinal loading of the covered wagon frame was determined. The case of shunting impact was considered. The studies were carried out in a flat coordinate system. The loading mode of the frame of the covered wagon in the empty and loaded states was considered. The acceleration acting on the covered wagon frame in the loaded state was 0.37g, empty – 0.42g, which does not exceed the standard values. The wagon motion is rated “excellent”.
The main strength indicators of the covered wagon frame were determined. The calculation was made by the finite element method. It was found that the maximum equivalent stresses are concentrated in the area of interaction of the center sill with the bolster beam and amounted to 340 MPa, which is lower than the yield stress of the material. Maximum displacements occur in the middle of the frame beams and are about 12 mm. The natural vibration frequencies of the covered wagon frame were calculated.
The research will help to increase the efficiency of using covered wagons in international traffic. Also, the research results can be useful developments in the creation of innovative rolling stock structures
- Tsygan, B. G., Tsygan, A. B., Mokrousov, S. D. (2008). Sovremennoe vagonostroenie. Vol. 1. Zheleznodorozhniy podvizhnoy sostav. Kharkiv: Korporatsiya “Tekhnostandart”, 432.
- Vantazhne vahonobuduvannia (2006). Zaliznychnyi transport Ukrainy, 5, 82.
- Reidemeister, O. H., Kalashnyk, V. O., Shykunov, O. A. (2016). Modernization as a way to improve the use of universal cars. Science and Transport Progress. Bulletin of Dnipropetrovsk National University of Railway Transport, 2 (62), 148–156. doi: https://doi.org/10.15802/stp2016/67334
- Shukla, C. P., Bharti, P. K. (2015). Study and Analysis of Doors of BCNHL Wagons. International Journal of Engineering Research And, 4 (04), 1195–1200. doi: https://doi.org/10.17577/ijertv4is041031
- Lee, W. G., Kim, J.-S., Sun, S.-J., Lim, J.-Y. (2016). The next generation material for lightweight railway car body structures: Magnesium alloys. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part F: Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit, 232 (1), 25–42. doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/0954409716646140
- Pɫaczek, M., Wróbel, A., Buchacz, A. (2016). A concept of technology for freight wagons modernization. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 161, 012107. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899x/161/1/012107
- Lee, H.-A., Jung, S.-B., Jang, H.-H., Shin, D.-H., Lee, J. U., Kim, K. W., Park, G.-J. (2015). Structural-optimization-based design process for the body of a railway vehicle made from extruded aluminum panels. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part F: Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit, 230 (4), 1283–1296. doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/0954409715593971
- Boronenko, Y. P., Filippova, I. O. (2017). Selection of constructive solutions of car elements with small empty weight. Science and Transport Progress. Bulletin of Dnipropetrovsk National University of Railway Transport, 3 (69), 121–129. doi: https://doi.org/10.15802/stp2017/104546
- Rezvani, M. A., Mazraeh, A. (2017). Dynamics and stability analysis of a freight wagon subjective to the railway track and wheelset operational conditions. European Journal of Mechanics - A/Solids, 61, 22–34. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euromechsol.2016.08.011
- Lovska, A., Fomin, O., Kučera, P., Píštěk, V. (2020). Calculation of Loads on Carrying Structures of Articulated Circular-Tube Wagons Equipped with New Draft Gear Concepts. Applied Sciences, 10 (21), 7441. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/app10217441
- Lovska, A., Fomin, O. (2020). A new fastener to ensure the reliability of a passenger car body on a train ferry. Acta Polytechnica, 60 (6). doi: https://doi.org/10.14311/ap.2020.60.0478
- Bogomaz, G. I., Mekhov, D. D., Pilipchenko, O. P., Chernomashentseva, Yu. G. (1992). Nagruzhennost' konteynerov-tsistern, raspolozhennyh na zheleznodorozhnoy platforme, pri udarah v avtostsepku. Dynamika ta keruvannia rukhom mekhanichnykh system, 87–95.
- Kelrykh, M., Fomin, O. V. (2014). Perspective directions of planning carrying systems of gondolas. Metallurgical and Mining Industry, 6, 57–60. Available at: https://www.metaljournal.com.ua/assets/MMI_2014_6/11-Fomin.pdf
- Píštěk, V., Kučera, P., Fomin, O., Lovska, A. (2020). Effective Mistuning Identification Method of Integrated Bladed Discs of Marine Engine Turbochargers. Journal of Marine Science and Engineering, 8 (5), 379. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/jmse8050379
- Alyamovskiy, A. A. (2010). COSMOSWorks. Osnovy rascheta konstruktsiy na prochnost' v srede SolidWorks. Moscow: DMK-Press, 785.
- Kondratiev, A., Gaidachuk, V., Nabokina, T., Tsaritsynskyi, A. (2020). New Possibilities of Creating the Efficient Dimensionally Stable Composite Honeycomb Structures for Space Applications. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 45–59. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-37618-5_5
- Alieinykov, I., Thamer, K. A., Zhuravskyi, Y., Sova, O., Smirnova, N., Zhyvotovskyi, R. et. al. (2019). Development of a method of fuzzy evaluation of information and analytical support of strategic management. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (2 (102)), 16–27. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2019.184394
- Koshlan, A., Salnikova, O., Chekhovska, M., Zhyvotovskyi, R., Prokopenko, Y., Hurskyi, T. et. al. (2019). Development of an algorithm for complex processing of geospatial data in the special-purpose geoinformation system in conditions of diversity and uncertainty of data. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (9 (101)), 35–45. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2019.180197
- Fomin, O., Lovska, A. (2020). Establishing patterns in determining the dynamics and strength of a covered freight car, which exhausted its resource. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (7 (108)), 21–29. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2020.217162
- Vatulia, G. L., Lobiak, O. V., Deryzemlia, S. V., Verevicheva, M. A., Orel, Y. F. (2019). Rationalization of cross-sections of the composite reinforced concrete span structure of bridges with a monolithic reinforced concrete roadway slab. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 664, 012014. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899x/664/1/012014
- Vatulia, G., Komagorova, S., Pavliuchenkov, M. (2018). Optimization of the truss beam. Verification of the calculation results. MATEC Web of Conferences, 230, 02037. doi: https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201823002037
- Goolak, S., Gubarevych, O., Yermolenko, E., Slobodyanyuk, M., Gorobchenko, O. (2020). Mathematical modeling of an induction motor for vehicles. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (2 (104)), 25–34. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2020.199559
- Kliuiev, S. (2018). Experimental study of the method of locomotive wheelrail angle of attack control using acoustic emission. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (9 (92)), 69–75. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.122131
- Fomin, O., Lovska, A., Píštěk, V., Kučera, P. (2019). Dynamic load effect on the transportation safety of tank containers as part of combined trains on railway ferries. Vibroengineering PROCEDIA, 29, 124–129. doi: https://doi.org/10.21595/vp.2019.21138
- Vatulia, G., Lobiak, A., Chernogil, V., Novikova, M. (2019). Simulation of Performance of CFST Elements Containing Differentiated Profile Tubes Filled with Reinforced Concrete. Materials Science Forum, 968, 281–287. doi: https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/msf.968.281
- Vaynberg, D. V., Vaynberg, E. D. (1970). Raschet plastin. Kyiv: Budivelnyk, 437.
- Fomin, O. V. (2015). Improvement of upper bundling of side wall of gondola cars of 12-9745 model. Metallurgical and Mining Industry, 1, 45–48. Available at: https://www.metaljournal.com.ua/assets/Journal/english-edition/MMI_2015_1/9%20Fomin.pdf
- Plakhtii, O., Nerubatskyi, V., Sushko, D., Hordiienko, D., Khoruzhevskyi, H. (2020). Improving the harmonic composition of output voltage in multilevel inverters under an optimum mode of amplitude modulation. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (8 (104)), 17–24. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2020.200021
- Plakhtii, O. A., Nerubatskyi, V. P., Hordiienko, D. A., Khoruzhevskyi, H. A. (2020). Calculation of static and dynamic losses in power IGBT-transistors by polynomial approximation of basic energy characteristics. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, 2, 82–88. Available at: http://nvngu.in.ua/index.php/en/archive/on-the-issues/1841-2020/contens-2-2020/5253-calculation-of-static-and-dynamic-losses-in-power-igbt-transistors-by-polynomial-approximation-of-basic-energy-characteristicss
- Bychkov, A. S., Kondratiev, A. V. (2019). Criterion-Based Assessment of Performance Improvement for Aircraft Structural Parts with Thermal Spray Coatings. Journal of Superhard Materials, 41 (1), 53–59. doi: https://doi.org/10.3103/s1063457619010088
- DSTU 7598:2014. Freight wagons. General reguirements to calculation and designing of the new and modernized 1520 mm gauge wagons (non-self-propelled) (2015). Kyiv, 162.
- GOST 33211-2014. Freight wagons. Requirements to structural strength and dynamic qualities (2016). Moscow, 54.
- EN 12663-2:2010. Railway applications - structural requirements of railway vehicle bodies - Part 2: Freight wagons (2010). B., 54.
- Normy dlya rascheta i proektirovaniya vagonov zheleznyh dorog MPS kolei 1520 mm (nesamohodnyh) (1996). Moscow: GosNIIV-VNIIZHT, 319.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Oleksij Fomin, Alyona Lovska, Andriy Klymash, Mykhailo Keremet
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.