Method of finding equilibrium solutions for duopoly of supply chains taking into account the innovation activity of enterprises
Keywords:industrial enterprises, optimal output plan, supply chain, innovation activity, competition, duopoly, equilibrium solutions by Cournot and Stackelberg
We developed and analyzed an economic-mathematical model of duopoly of industrial enterprises-manufacturers with similar nomenclature of products taking into account innovation activity in the field of technologies. It is assumed that enterprises are the links in supply chains, that is, in addition, we examined delivery of the finished goods to the points of consumption. In contrast to the micro-economic theory of the firm, here price competition is investigated at the operational level, that is, when making up plans for the output of products and their delivery to destination points. Innovation activity implies that enterprises invest part of their profit into improvement of the technological process, and, in this case, production expenses of enterprises are the assigned decreasing functions of the investments indicated. In line with the classical theory of the firm, it is considered that the demand function in each point of delivery of finished goods linearly depends on the summary volumes of these goods, delivered from both enterprises. Optimality criterion for supply chains of both plants is the maximum of summary profit, obtained from the sale and delivery of finished products to the points of consumption taking into account expenditures for innovative solutions.We found equilibrium solutions of duopoly by Cournot and Stackelberg. Numerical illustration of the obtained results is given. The obtained results could be used in the process of joint development of marketing, logistic and innovation strategies of enterprises
- Intrilligator, M. (2002). Matematicheskie metody optimizacii i ehkonomicheskaya teoriya. Moscow: Ayris-Press, 553.
- Fedulova, L. (2013). Innovacionnoe razvitie: ehvolyuciya vzglyadov i problemy covremennogo ponimaniya. Ekonomicheskaya teoriya, 2, 28–45.
- Stepanov, L. V. (2009). Modelirovanie konkurencii v usloviyah rynka. Moscow: Akademiya estestvoznaniya, 114.
- Solov'ev, V. P. (2004). Innovacionnaya deyatel'nost' kak sistemnyy process v konkurentnoy ehkonomike (Sinergeticheskie ehffekty innovaciy). Kyiv: Feniks, 560.
- Mel'nikov, S. V. (2007). Ravnovesie v transportno-skladskoy logisticheskoy cepochke postavok produkcii. Metody ta zasoby upravlinnya rozvytkom transportnykh system, 12, 40–59.
- Mel'nykov, S. V. (2015). Marketynhovi stratehiyi v umovakh informatsiynoyi ta tsinovoyi asymetriyi. Odesa: ONMU, 107.
- Zijm, H., Klumpp, M., Klausen, U., Hompel, M. (Eds.) (2016). Logistics and supply chain innovation. Berlin: Springer, 431. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-22288-2
- Sjoerdsma, M., van Weele, A. J. (2015). Managing supplier relationships in a new product development context. Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, 21 (3), 192–203. doi: 10.1016/j.pursup.2015.05.002
- Gualandris, J., Kalchschmidt, M. (2014). Customer pressure and innovativeness: Their role in sustainable supply chain management. Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, 20 (2), 92–103. doi: 10.1016/j.pursup.2014.03.001
- Postan, M. Ya., Savel'eva, I. V. (2014). Method of equilibrium solution finding for port’s operators in competitive environment of oligopoly type. Technology audit and production reserves, 4 (2 (18)), 58–63. doi: 10.15587/2312-8372.2014.26296
- Malinovskiy, D. A. (2012). Modelirovanie i analiz duopolii v konkurentnoy srede sistemy "promyshlennoe predpriyatie-distributivnaya set'". Rozvytok metodiv upravlinnya ta hospodaryuvannya na transporti, 40, 163–176.
- Postan, M. Ya., Malinovskiy, D. A. (2009). Model' optimal'nogo planirovaniya proizvodstva i dostavki produkcii predpriyatiya po raspredelitel'nym kanalam. Metody ta zasoby upravlinnya rozvytkom transportnykh system, 15, 19–28.
- Postan, M. Ya., Moskvichenko, I. M. (2014). Investigetion of methods for production and transportation plans optimization of enterprises taking into account their innovative activity. Technology audit and production reserves, 5 (2 (19)), 26–30. doi: 10.15587/2312-8372.2014.28103
- Postan, M. Ya., Moskvichenko, I. M. (2016). Dinamicheskaya model' optimizacii planov proizvodstva i perevozki produkcii s uchetom innovacionnoy deyatel'nosti predpriyatiya. Rozvytok metodiv upravlinnya ta hospodaryuvannya na transporti, 2 (55), 127–138.
- Beyko, I. V., Zin'ko, P. M., Nakonechnyy, O. H. (2012). Zadachi, metody ta alhorytmy optymizatsiyi. Kyiv: VPTs «Kyivs'kyi universytet», 800.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Yulia Kurudzhi, Iryna Moskvichenko, Mykhaylo Postan
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.