Study of the thermal mode of a barn for piglets and a sow, created by combined heating system
Keywords:combined heating system, infrared heater, heating panel, heating mat
The present research addresses solution to the relevant problem of energy efficient heating supply of pig farms with barns of pigs and a sow by applying combined heating systems based on local heating of places for animal keeping.
A physical model is developed, which offered the possibility to carry out a complex of experimental studies on determining temperature mode in the barn for piglets and a sow. We established the patterns of influence of thermal capacity of individual heating devices, in particular the heating panel in the place of sow keeping, as well as the heating mat and the infrared heater, on the thermal condition of specific areas.
Assessment of the influence of the main factors of the research on its original characteristics was performed. We obtained the equation for determining relative air temperature in the zone of piglets and sow keeping, which depends on relative height of the operation area at a variable air velocity, as well as on incoming air temperature, influenced by the number of animals and background temperature in the premises.
Graphical dependences were constructed and empirical dependences were derived based on the conducted experimental studies that can be used in subsequent engineering calculations.
Based on the obtained results, we compiled recommendations on the choice of thermotechnical parameters of heating devices, particularly their geometric dimensions, material and method of location of heating elements.
- Rybalko, V. (2006). Tendencies and directions of development the pig breeding. Effective stock-raising, 7, 7–11.
- VNTP-APK-02.05. Svynarski pidpryiemstva (kompleksy, fermy, mali fermy) (2005). Kyiv: Ministerstvo ahrarnoi polityky Ukrainy, 98.
- Tsarenko, O., Kryatov, O. (2004). Technologies production of pork. Sumy: Universytetska knyha, 268.
- Lareau, P. (2006). Pat. No. 2540832. Motion detector and piglet agitating blower for use in pig farrowing. A01k 1/02(2006.01), A01k 29/00(2006.01). No. CA2540832 A1; declareted: 21.03.2006; published: 21.09.2007.
- Gumen, O., Spodyniuk, N., Ulewicz, M., Martyn, Y. (2017). Research of thermal processes in industrial premises with energy-saving technologies of heating. Diagnostyka, 18 (2), 43–49.
- Larsen, M. L. V., Thodberg, K., Pedersen, L. J. (2017). Radiant heat increases piglets’ use of the heated creep area on the critical days after birth. Livestock Science, 201, 74–77.
- Larsen, M. L. V., Thodberg, K., Pedersen, L. J. (2017). Radiant heat increases piglets’ use of the heated creep area on the critical days after birth. Livestock Science, 201, 74–77. doi: 10.1016/j.livsci.2017.05.008
- Kergourlay, F., Marcon, M. (2013). Reduction of heat consumption in weaner and farrowing rooms: Evaluation of «Intelligent heat lamp». Journées Recherche Porcine, annual conference on pigs in France, 85–86.
- Wheeler, E. F., Vasdal, G., Flø, A., Bøe, K. E. (2008). Static Space Requirements for Piglet Creep Area as Influenced by Radiant Temperature. Transactions of the ASABE, 51 (1), 271–278. doi: 10.13031/2013.24220
- Tamvakidis, S., Firfiris, V. K., Martzopoulou, A., Fragos, V. P., Kotsopoulos, T. A. (2015). Performance evaluation of a hybrid solar heating system for farrowing houses. Energy and Buildings, 97, 162–174. doi: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2015.04.002
- Mun, H.-S., Ahmed, S. T., Islam, M. M., Park, K.-J., Yang, C.-J. (2015). Retrofitting of a pig nursery with solar heating system to evaluate its ability to save energy and reduce environmental pollution. Engineering in Agriculture, Environment and Food, 8 (4), 235–240. doi: 10.1016/j.eaef.2015.02.001
- Zhelykh, V. M., Makarukha, O. I. (2008). Pat. No. 39425 UA. The heating device of piglets and sows barns. MPK (2009) F24D 10/00. No. 200811717; declareted: 01.10.2008; published: 25.02.2009, Bul. No. 4, 4.
- Fialko, N., Dzeryn, O. (2013). Modeling of thermal regime of manufacturing premises using graph theory. Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu "Lvivska politekhnika". Teoriya i praktyka budivnytstva, 756, 47–50.
- Zhelykh, V., Dzeryn, O., Spodyniuk, N. (2012). Energyeffective systems of heating of shopfloors. Modern technologies, materials and constructions in building, 2 (13), 152–156.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Vasyl Zhelykh, Oleksandra Dzeryn, Stepan Shapoval, Yurij Furdas, Bohdan Piznak
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.