Establishing rational structural-technological parameters of the milking machine collector
Keywords:pressure gradient, throttle opening, speed of milking, air supply, milk quality
A collector of the milking machine is the nodal element in the system of accumulation and transportation of the received milk to a milk pipeline. It was established that the structural-technological parameters of the milking machine collector influence the efficiency of machine milking. This is related to ensuring the completeness of milking and preserving the quality of the received milk. Existing designs of collectors perform their functions insufficiently and inefficiently. A delay in emptying the milk chamber disrupts operational characteristics of machine milking. It is possible to solve the problem by improving a transportation capability of the collector. For this purpose, we propose a two-section design of the milk chamber, which could eliminate the problem of milk overflow. Additional pressure gradient during the tact of compression could improve the mode of transportation and enable complete emptying of the milk chamber. The level of vacuum pressure under the nipple of a cow depends on the structural parameters of the collector’s milk chamber under identical conditions of milk release. The intensity of milk release defines parameters of the transporting link collector‒ milk pipeline. The desired pressure gradient is established by supplying an additional portion of air from the separating chamber, through a throttle opening. The rate of establishing a pressure drop is determined by the diameter of a throttle opening and by the level of pressure in the separating chamber and the milk chamber. Losses of vacuum pressure in a flexible milk pipeline form the required transporting difference in pressures between the collector and the upper milk pipeline.
This testifies to the interrelation between structural-technological parameters of the collector’s milk chamber and the modes of efficient milk transportation. A rational correlation between the volume of section of the milk chamber, the diameter of a milk hose and the diameter of a throttle opening enables effective transportation of milk while preserving its quality.
- Bluemel, F. E., E. Savary, P., E. Schick, M. (2016). Effects of an extended c-phase on vacuum conditions in the milking cluster. Biosystems Engineering, 148, 68–75. doi: 10.1016/j.biosystemseng.2016.04.004
- Kudlai, I. M., Lutsenko, M. M. (2010). Perspektyvni tekhnolohiyi vyrobnytstva moloka. Visnyk Sumskoho natsionalnoho ahrarnoho universytetu, 7, 64–68.
- Besier, J., Bruckmaier, R. M. (2016). Vacuum levels and milk-flow-dependent vacuum drops affect machine milking performance and teat condition in dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science, 99 (4), 3096–3102. doi: 10.3168/jds.2015-10340
- Rose-Meierhöfer, S., Müller, A. B., Mittmann, L., Demba, S., Entorf, A.-C., Hoffmann, G. et. al. (2014). Effects of quarter individual and conventional milking systems on teat condition. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 113 (4), 556–564. doi: 10.1016/j.prevetmed.2014.01.006
- Hovinen, M., Pyörälä, S. (2011). Invited review: Udder health of dairy cows in automatic milking. Journal of Dairy Science, 94 (2), 547–562. doi: 10.3168/jds.2010-3556
- Upton, J., Penry, J. F., Rasmussen, M. D., Thompson, P. D., Reinemann, D. J. (2016). Effect of pulsation rest phase duration on teat end congestion. Journal of Dairy Science, 99 (5), 3958–3965. doi: 10.3168/jds.2015-10466
- Mein, G. A. (2012). The Role of the Milking Machine in Mastitis Control. Veterinary Clinics of North America: Food Animal Practice, 28 (2), 307–320. doi: 10.1016/j.cvfa.2012.03.004
- Kartashov, L. P. (1982). Mashinnoe doenie korov. Moscow: Kolos, 301 .
- Besier, J., Lind, O., Bruckmaier, R. M. (2015). Dynamics of teat-end vacuum during machine milking: types, causes and impacts on teat condition and udder health – a literature review. Journal of Applied Animal Research, 44 (1), 263–272. doi: 10.1080/09712119.2015.1031780
- Ströbel, U., Rose-Meierhöfer, R., Brunsch, R. (2014). Design of a vacuum control system with frequent teat-end vacuum adaption for milking machines. Proceedings International Conference of Agricultural Engineering. Zurich, 1–6.
- Paliy, A. P. (2016). Vplyv molokoprovidnykh system doilnykh ustanovok na spozhyvchi pokaznyky moloka. Tvarynnytstvo Ukrainy, 9, 20–22.
- Smoliar, V. (2014). Riven zakhvoriuvanosti koriv na mastyt za vykorystannia riznykh typiv doilnykh ustanovok. Tekhnika i tekhnolohii APK, 1, 17–20.
- Fenenko, A. I. (2008). Mekhanizatsiya doinnia koriv. Teoriya i praktyka. Kyiv, 198.
- Pavlenko, S. I., Aliyev, E. B., Lynnyk, Yu. O. (2015). Metodyka eksperymentalnykh doslidzhen protsesu peremishchennia molokopovitrianoi sumishi v doilnomu aparati. Naukovyi visnyk Tavriyskoho derzhavnoho ahrotekhnolohichnoho universytetu, 2 (5), 167–172.
- Fenenko, A. I. (2007). Tekhniko-tekhnolohichni aspekty udoskonalennia biotekhnichnoi lanky «mashyna-tvaryna» protsesu vyrobnytstva moloka. Mekhanizatsiia i elektryfikatsiya silskoho hospodarstva, 91, 65–77.
- Achkevych, V. I., Tkach, V. V. (2014). Do obgruntuvannia parametriv dvokhkamernoho kolektora doilnoho aparata z poparnym pulsatorom. Mekhanizatsiya i elektryfikatsiya silskoho hospodarstva, 1 (99), 506–509.
- Fenenko, A. I., Achkevych, V. I., Driho, V. O., Mykhailenko, P. M. (2011). Kolektor doilnoho aparata: Pat. No. 66812 UA. MPK A01J 7/00. No. 201104208; declareted: 07.04.2011; published: 25.01.2012, Bul. No. 2.
- Idel'chik, I. E.; Shteynberg, M. O. (Ed.) (1992). Spravochnik po gidravlicheskim soprotivleniyam. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 672.
- Loytsyanskiy, L. G. (2003). Mekhanika zhidkosti i gaza. Moscow: Drofa, 840.
- Frolov, E. S., Minaychev, V. E., Aleksandrova, A. T. et. al.; Frolov, E. S., Minaychev, V. E. (Eds.) (1992). Vakuumnaya tekhnika. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 480.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 Gennadii Golub, Oleksandr Medvedskyi, Vasyl Achkevych, Oksana Achkevych
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.