Development of principles and methods for calculation of direct current hybrid contactors
Keywords:hybrid contactor, main contacts, semiconductor switch, current transformer, current control
The study showed that we can implement the principle of current control of the main circuit of a hybrid DC contactor by introduction of a small-size transformer of current into it. It has two primary windings, the first of which is connected to the first pole in succession with the main contact, the second one ‒ in series with a semiconductor switch, which shunts this contact in opposition to the first, and one secondary power supply.
The study determined peculiarities of the processes of current flowing from the circuit of the main contacts, the commutation of a current transformer, the charging of a commutation condenser for locking of a semiconductor switch. The study showed that a magnetic wire conductor of a transformer is saturated and a control circuit is deenergized in a switched-on state. When a contactor is switched off, the charge of a commutation condenser capacitor goes due to a direct current under an action of EMF, which occurs on the secondary winding of a transformer during its re-magnetization in the opposite direction by current flowing in a shunting circuit. At the same time, at the given values of a cross section of a magnetic conductor and capacity of a condenser, a voltage level to which it is charged, does not depend on the number of turns of the secondary winding, but it is proportional to a square root of commutated current. The time of its charge under the same conditions is proportional to the number of turns of the secondary winding. This makes it possible to approach reasonably definition of parameters of elements that provide reliable locking of semiconductor switchers.The study showed that the proposed hybrid contactors, due to introduction of circuit current control, have properties that enhance their competitiveness compared to the existing ones. Specifically, they increased reliability, they do not need a power supply from an additional power source, they exclude standard drivers, they show minimized energy consumption. Thus, the application aspect of a use of the obtained scientific result is the possibility of creation of competitive reliable hybrid DC contactors for voltage up to 1,000 V and currents of 100‒630 A
- Soskov, A. H., Sabalaieva, N. O. (2012). Hibrydni kontaktory nyzkoi napruhy z pokrashchenymy tekhniko-ekonomichnymy kharakterystykamy. Kharkiv, 268.
- Voronin, P. A. (2005). Silovye poluprovodnikovye klyuchi: semeystva, harakteristiki, primenenie. Moscow, 384.
- Sato, Y., Tobayashi, S., Tanaka, Y., Fukui, A., Yamasaki, M., Ohashi, H. (2010). An investigation of SiC-SIT DC circuit breakers for higher voltage direct current distribution systems. 2010 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition. doi: 10.1109/ecce.2010.5617760
- Chung, Y.-H. (2003). Pat. No. US7079363B2. Hybrid DC electromagnetic contactor. No. 10/404061; declareted: 02.04.2003; published: 18.07.2006.
- Belisle, F. C., Carter, E. A. Metzler, M. W., Wavering, J. T. (2006). Pat. No. US7538990B2. High voltage contactor hybrid without a DC arc break. Int. Cl. H02H 3/00, H02H 7/00. No. 11/638984; declareted: 14.12.2006; published: 26.05.2009.
- Bhavaraju, V., Zhao, T., Theisen, P. J. (2011). Pat. No. 8638531В2 USA. Hybrid bi-directional DC contactor and method of controlling thereof. Int. Cl. H02H 3/00, H02H 7/00. No. US13/325174; declareted: 14.12.2011; published: 28.01.2014.
- Vatkina, M. A., Grigor'ev, A. A. (2013). Perspektivy razvitiya nizkovol'tnyh kommutacionnyh gibridnyh apparatov novogo pokoleniya na osnove principa gibridnoy kommutacii. Vestnik Chuvashskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta im. I. Ya. Yakovleva, 4 (80), 46–55.
- Vatkina, M. A., Grigor'ev, A. A. (2014). Optimal'niy sintez fizicheskih yavleniy i processov kommutacii nizkovol'tnyh gibridnyh apparatov. Vestnik Chuvashskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta im. I. Ya. Yakovleva, 4 (84), 4–14.
- Qi, L., Zhang, G., Liu, J., Qin, Z., Geng, Y., Wang, J. (2017). Research on integrated design of vacuum switch based on permanent magnetic actuator for hybrid DC contactor. 2017 4th International Conference on Electric Power Equipment – Switching Technology (ICEPE-ST). doi: 10.1109/icepe-st.2017.8188887
- Bingjian, Y., Yang, G., Xiaoguang, W., Zhiyuan, H., Longlong, C., Yunhai, S. (2015). A hybrid circuit breaker for DC-application. 2015 IEEE First International Conference on DC Microgrids (ICDCM). doi: 10.1109/icdcm.2015.7152036
- Hassanpoor, A., Hafner, J., Jacobson, B. (2015). Technical Assessment of Load Commutation Switch in Hybrid HVDC Breaker. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 30 (10), 5393–5400. doi: 10.1109/ipec.2014.6870025
- Soskov, A. H., Soskova, I. O., Sabalaieva, N. O., Dorokhov, O. V. (2011). Pat. No. 63999 UA. Hibrydnyi dvopoliusnyi kontaktor postiynoho strumu. MPK N01N 9/00. No. u201104155; declareted: 06.04.2011; published: 25.10.2011, Bul. No. 20.
- Soskov, A. H., Soskova, I. O., Sabalaieva, N. O. (2014). Pat. No. 94860 UA. Hibrydnyi dvopoliusnyi elektromahnitnyi kontaktor postiynoho strumu. MPK N01N 9/00. No. u201404205; declareted: 18.04.2014; published: 10.12.2014, Bul. No. 23.
- Uil'yams, B. (1993). Silovaya elektronika: pribory, primenenie, upravlenie. Moscow, 462.
- Zeveke, G. V., Ionkin, P. A., Netushil, A. V., Strahov, S. V. (1990). Osnovy teorii cepey. Moscow, 528.
- Soskov, A., Sabalaeva, N., Glebova, M., Forkun, Y. (2016). Methods of overvoltage limitation in modern dc semiconductor switching apparatus and their calculation. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (8 (81)), 4–9. doi: 10.15587/1729-4061.2016.72533
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 Anatoly Soskov, Nataliya Sabalaeva, Yana Forkun, Marina Glebova
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.