Research into application of zeolite for purification of diffusion juice in sugar production
Keywords:diffusion juice, dextran, sucrose extraction, purification of diffusion juice, zeolite
The need to intensify the extraction process using the influence of chemical reagents on beet chips was substantiated. The analysis of application of natural sorbents in food production technologies was carried out. The physical and chemical properties of zeolite were explored. The indicators that make it possible to apply natural zeolite for additional treatment of water and juices in sugar production were shown.
The effectiveness of the use of natural zeolite for feed water treatment with the view to enhancing the technological quality of diffusive juice was determined. Experimental research revealed that feed water treatment with zeolite decreases the content of total iron, ammonium, and permanganate oxidation indicator. It was proved that microbial seeding of feed water and diffusive juice decreases in case of treatment with zeolite.
It was established experimentally that the purification of diffusion juice occurs during zeolite application for feed water treatment. We determined the effectiveness of removal of macromolecular compounds, including dextran, from diffusive juice obtained during processing sugar beets of various technological quality with natural zeolite. It was shown that at the zeolite consumption of 0.1...0.4 % to the weight of beets, the content of high-molecular compounds and pectic substances in diffusive juice decreases by 30–40 %, and the content of dextran – by 20–40 %, respectively.
During the zeolite treatment, an enhancement of the quality of purified juice and improvement of filtration and saturation properties of defeco-saturated precipitate are observed. Thus, the average rate of sedimentation of the precipitate of juice of І carbonation S5 m, when using zeolite for feed water preparation increases by 10–50 % for the beet different technological quality.In the course of research, we designed the technique of zeolite application, which ensures a decrease in coloration, an increase in the purity of the cleared juice, enhancement of filtration and sedimentation properties of the precipitate of juice of I carbonation. High effectiveness of the proposed method is pronounced in processing raw materials of lowered quality. Thus, there are some grounds to claim the effectiveness of zeolite application to enhance the quality of diffusion juice and products in sugar production
- Husiatynska, N. A. (2014). Aktualni pytannia mikrobiolohichnoho kontroliu u vyrobnytstvi tsukru. Tsukor Ukrainy, 7, 19–24.
- Noori, S., Naghavi, N. S., Mohammadi Sichani, M., Gol Gol Jam, M., Zia, M. A. (2014). Identification and biological control of microbial agents causing corruption of stored sugar beets in sugar production industry. Journal of Sugar Beet, 29 (2), 79–85.
- Wojtczak, M., Antczak-Chrobot, A., Chmal-Fudali, E., Papiewska, A. (2013). Determination of microbiological activity during the processing of frost damaged sugar beets. Sugar Industry, 12, 1–4.
- Reva, L. P., Shulha, S. A. (2015). Optymizatsiya zahalnykh vytrat vapna na ochyshchennia dyfuziynoho soku pry dodatkovomu vykorystanni aktyvovanoi kremniievoi kysloty ta filtroperlitu. Tsukor Ukrainy, 10 (118), 14–18.
- Abraham, K., Flёter, E. (2018). New approaches for the determination of dextran in the sugar production process. Sugar Industry, 143, 1–9.
- Bukhari, M. M., Salem El, Kh., Osman, A., Hegazi, S. E. F. (2015). Investigations of the influence of dextran on sugar cane quality and sugar cane processing in Kenana sugar factory. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 7 (4), 381–392.
- Abraham, K., Hagen, S., Schlumbach, K., Rohde, A., Flöter, E. (2016). Dextranase application in sucrose solutions – towards a better understanding. International Sugar Journal, 118, 582–588.
- Soliman El-Sayed Ali Abdel-Rahman (2007). Investigations on the influence of dextran during beet sugar production with special focus on crystal growth and morphology. Berlin, 109.
- Borysiuk, P. H., Halatsan, L. A. (2018). Harmonizatsiya ukrainskykh standartiv z mizhnarodnymy i yevropeiskymy. Tsukor Ukrainy, 1, 23–29.
- Lipiets, A. A., Malyshev, V. O. (2011). Vykorystannia pryrodnoho tseolitu-klinoptylolitu dlia deamonizatsiyi kondensativ sokovykh pariv. Naukovi pratsi NUKhT, 37, 57–61.
- Daishev, M. I., Reshetova, R. S., Molotilin, Yu. I. (1994). Podgotovka sveklovichnoy struzhki k ekstrakcii. Saharnaya promyshlennost', 4, 15–17.
- Husiatynska, N. A., Bratiuk, D. M., Lipiets, A. A., Muravska, K. V. (2010). Udoskonalennia tekhnolohiyi ochyshchennia dyfuziinoho soku pry pereroblenni buriakiv, urazhenykh slyzystym bakteriozom. Visnyk Cherkaskoho derzhavnoho tekhnolohichnoho universytetu. Seriya: tekhnichni nauky, 2, 132–135.
- Reva, L. P. (2012). Fizyko-khimichni osnovy tekhnolohichnykh protsesiv ochyshchennia dyfuziynoho soku u vyrobnytstvi tsukru. Kyiv, 371.
- Husiatynska, N. A., Lipiets, A. A. (2015). Suchasni sposoby intensyfikatsiyi protsesu ekstrahuvannia sakharozy z buriakovoi struzhky. Tsukor Ukrainy, 1, 13–18.
- Husiatynska, N. A., Nyzhnyk, V. V., Bohdanov, Ye. S., Chorna, T. M. (2009). Vykorystannia polimernoho reahentu PHMHKh pry ekstrahuvanni sakharozy z buriakovoi struzhky. Naukovi zapysky NAUKMA. Khimichni nauky, 92, 65–68.
- Stetsenko, N. O., Miroshnykov, O. M., Mank, V. V., Podobiy, O. V. (2008). Perspektyvy vykorystannia pryrodnykh adsorbentiv Ukrainy v tekhnolohiiakh kharchovykh produktiv. Veda a technologie: krokdobudoucnosti – 2008: IV mezinarodni vedecko-prakticka konference: materialy. Praha, 87–89.
- Tkachenko, S. V., Khomichak, L. M., Vierchenko, L. M., Lopatko, K. S., Sheiko, T. M. (2017). Zastosuvannia hidroksydu aliuminiu v nanorozmirnomu stani dlia pidvyshchennia efektu ochyshchennia dyfuziynoho souk. Tsukor Ukrainy, 1 (133), 37–45.
- Matko, S., Kostenko, Ye., Melnyk,L. (2008). Sorbenty riznykh typiv. Kharchova i pererobna promyslovist, 8-9, 16–17.
- Prytulska, N. V., Bondarenko, Ye. V. (2015). Research of prospects for using zeolites in the food industry. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (11 (77)), 4–9. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2015.51067
- Ishchenko, V. M., Kolotusha, T. P., Polumbryk, O. M. (2013). Vykorystannia bentonitiv u kharchoviy promyslovosti. Kharchova promyslovist, 14, 34–36.
- Tkachuk, N. A., Melnyk, L. M., Mank, V. V., Melnyk, Z. P. (2008). Pidvyshchennia yakosti ta bezpeky pytnoi vody shliakhom yii ochyshchennia vitchyznianymy pryrodnymy mineralamy. Obladnannia ta tekhnolohiyi kharchovykh vyrobnytstv, 18, 3–8.
- Petrus, R., Malovanyi, M., Sakalova, H., Bunko, V. (2012). Zastosuvannia pryrodnykh sorbentiv u pryrodookhoronnykh tsiliakh. Naukovyi visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu bioresursiv i pryrodokorystuvannia Ukrainy. Ser.: Lisivnytstvo ta dekoratyvne sadivnytstvo, 171 (1), 139–144.
- Eroglu, N., Emekci, M., Athanassiou, C. G. (2017). Applications of natural zeolites on agriculture and food production. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 97 (11), 3487–3499. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.8312
- Wang, S., Peng, Y. (2010). Natural zeolites as effective adsorbents in water and wastewater treatment. Chemical Engineering Journal, 156 (1), 11–24. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2009.10.029
- Tzia, C., Zorpas, A. A. (Eds.) (2012). Zeolites in Food Processing Industries. Handbook of Natural Zeolites, 601–651. doi: https://doi.org/10.2174/978160805261511201010601
- Zahrai, Ya. M., Rebreniuk, A. V. (2014). Vykorystannia pryrodnykh mineraliv (tseolitu) yak etapiv kompleksnoi tekhnolohiyi korehuvannia skladu vodnykh rozbavlenykh rozchyniv do pryrodno sformovanoi yakosti. Ekolohichni nauky: naukovo-praktychnyi zhurnal, 6, 82–87.
- Lipiets, A. A., Malyshev, V. O. (2009). Vykorystannia pryrodnykh tseolitiv typu klynoptylolit dlia dekaltsynatsiyi ochyshchenoho soku pered vyparnoiu ustanovkoiu. Naukovi pratsi NUKhT, 28, 41–43.
- Husiatynska, N. A., Lipiets, A. A., Bratiuk, D. V. (2012). Zastosuvannia dodatkovykh reahentiv pid chas vapnokarbonizatsiynoho ochyshchennia dyfuziynoho soku. Tsukor Ukrainy, 11, 31–36.
- Kupchyk, M. P., Reva, L. P., Shtanhieieva, N. I. et. al. (2007). Tekhnolohiya tsukrystykh rechovyn. Kyiv, 393.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 Nataliia Husiatynska, Tetiana Nechypor, Mykola Husiatynskyi, Svetlana Shulga
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.