Identification of distribution features of the instantaneous power components of the electric energy of the circuit with polyharmonic current
Keywords:electric energy power, power norm, active power, reactive power
AbstractMany researchers pay attention to the problem of the distortion electric power. The known theoretical results that are reflected in the acting standards are reasonably criticized in the part of the distortion power generation by current and voltage of different frequencies. The paper deals with the approach based on the order of generation of instantaneous electric power components depending on the combination (sum or difference) of current and voltage frequencies. The analytical expressions for the instantaneous electric power components of a harmonic current circuit consisting of a capacitor, an inductance coil and a resistor connected in series are obtained. With this purpose in view, two components – active and reactive – are singled out from the obtained four components of instantaneous power, as well as the orthogonal power components oscillating with double frequency. It is demonstrated that the sum of the squares of the active and reactive components and the sum of the squares of the mentioned orthogonal components coincide and are equal to the total (apparent) power. The used method is developed for the general case of polyharmonic current and voltage. In this case, it is observed that the active and reactive power components can be singled out from the instantaneous power components as orthogonal quadrature components of zero frequency. Though, it is impossible to single out the apparent power. Two numerical experiments with periodic current and voltage, containing three harmonics each, were carried out. The acting values of currents and voltages in each of the experiments were assumed equal. In this case, the amplitudes of the second and the third harmonics exchanged their positions. This example demonstrates that the integral indices of the apparent power and the distortion power, calculated by conventional methods, proved to be the same in both cases, which is incorrect. Under the same conditions, such instantaneous power components whose values turned out to be different for each of the experiments are found among the proposed instantaneous power components. As a result, it is proposed to use a root-mean-square value of the mentioned components for the assessment of the distortion degree in relation to the root-mean-square value of the instantaneous power
- Emanuel, A. E. (2010). Power Definitions and the Physical Mechanism of Power Flow. John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 280. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/9780470667149
- Zhemerov, G., Tugay, D. (2015). The dependence of the additional losses in three-phase energy supply systems from reactive power and instantaneous active power pulsations. Tekhnichna elektrodynamika, 4, 66–70.
- Bialobrzheskyi, O., Rod’kin, D., Gladyr, A. (2018). Power components of electric energy for technical and commercial electricity metering. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, 2, 70–79. doi: https://doi.org/10.29202/nvngu/2018-2/10
- Willems, J. L. (2011). Budeanu's Reactive Power and Related Concepts Revisited. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, 60 (4), 1182–1186. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/tim.2010.2090704
- Wcislik, M. (2018). Comparison of Reactive Powers Calculation Algorithms for a single-phase AC Circuit with nonlinear Load. 2018 Progress in Applied Electrical Engineering (PAEE). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/paee.2018.8441081
- IEEE Std 1459-2010. Definitions for the Measurement of Electric Power Quantities Under Sinusoidal, Nonsinusoidal, Balanced, or Unbalanced Conditions (2010). IEEE Standart, 50.
- Jeltsema, D. (2016). Budeanu's Concept of Reactive and Distortion Power Revisited. Przegląd Elektrotechniczny, 1 (4), 70–75. doi: https://doi.org/10.15199/48.2016.04.17
- Rodkin, D., Nozhenko, V., Bohatyrov, K., Chenchevoi, V. (2017). Electric drive operation modes of above resonance vibration machine. 2017 International Conference on Modern Electrical and Energy Systems (MEES). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/mees.2017.8248872
- Zagirnyak, M., Kalinov, A., Maliakova, M. (2013). Analysis of instantaneous power components of electric circuit with a semiconductor element. Archives of Electrical Engineering, 62 (3), 473–486. doi: https://doi.org/10.2478/aee-2013-0038
- Zagirnyak, M., Mamchur, D., Kalinov, A. (2014). A comparison of informative value of motor current and power spectra for the tasks of induction motor diagnostics. 2014 16th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference and Exposition. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/epepemc.2014.6980549
- Zagirnyak, M., Maliakova, M., Kalinov, A. (2015). Analysis of electric circuits with semiconductor converters with the use of a small parameter method in frequency domain. COMPEL – The International Journal for Computation and Mathematics in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, 34 (3), 808–823. doi: https://doi.org/10.1108/compel-10-2014-0260
- Rodkin, D. (2014). The pricing formula for electricity in networks with periodic voltage and current. Elektromekhanichni i enerhozberihaiuchi systemy, 3, 78–91.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Mohamed Zaidan Qawaqzeh, Olexii Bialobrzheskyi, Mykhaylo Zagirnyak
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.