Results of experimental researches into process of oak veneer drying in the solar dryer
Keywords:solar energy, solar dryer, temperature and humidity fields, heat and mass transfer, intensification, convective drying
A new design of solar drying plant with the active solar energy system is developed. It is proposed to use the K1-102 automated control system to diagnose the key parameters of air exchange in the solar dryer and to predict the intensity of heat exchange processes of oak veneer drying. This allows increasing the technological and power efficiency of the process of oak veneer drying in the solar dryer 2 times.
The regularities of the influence of the physical parameters of the environment and weather-dependent factors on the heat, mass, and moisture exchange processes of oak veneer drying in the solar dryer are determined. Estimation of energy, kinetic and dynamic parameters of the oak veneer drying process is given. The duration of the drying process in the solar dryer is experimentally determined. Performance characteristics of the drying object are investigated, depending on the set technological tasks (heating or drying) under standard insolation and meteorological conditions.
It is found that it is necessary to regulate air exchange, moisture release, rational moist coolant removal, solar energy flow in relation to the predicted changes in the minimum and maximum variation peaks of weather-dependent factors. This is important for intensifying the oak veneer drying processes and reducing the specific power consumption of the drying process due to solar energy.The obtained results can be used in the development and improvement of technical means of oak veneer drying, to improve the technological and power efficiency of the process
- Janjai, S., Intawee, P., Kaewkiew, J. (2010). A Solar Timber Drying System: Experimental Performance and System Modeling. International Energy Journal, 11 (3), 131–144.
- Pirasteh, G., Saidur, R., Pirasteh, G., Saidur, R., Rahman, S. M. A., Rahim, N. A. (2014). A review on development of solar drying applications. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 31, 133–148. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2013.11.052
- Mustayen, A. G. M. B., Mekhilef, S., Saidur, R. (2014). Performance study of different solar dryers: A review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 34, 463–470. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2014.03.020
- Kumar, C., Karim, A., Saha, S. C., Joardder, M., Brown, R., Biswas, D. (2012). Multiphysics modelling of convective drying of food materials. Proceedings of the Global Engineering, Science and Technology Conference. Dhaka, 1–13.
- Zanuncio, A. J. V., Carvalho, A. G., Silva, M. G. da, Lima, J. T. (2017). Importance of wood drying to the forest transport and pulp mill supply. CERNE, 23 (2), 147–152. doi: https://doi.org/10.1590/01047760201723022223
- Seetapong, N., Chulok, S., Khoonphunnarai, P. (2017). Thermal Efficiency of Natural Convection Solar Dryer. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 901, 012044. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/901/1/012044
- Amankwah, E. A. Y., Dzisi, K. A., van Straten, G., van Willigenburg, L. G., van Boxtel, A. J. B. (2017). Distributed mathematical model supporting design and construction of solar collectors for drying. Drying Technology, 35 (14), 1675–1687. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/07373937.2016.1269806
- Korobka, S., Babych, M. (2017). Substatiation of the constructive-technologocal parameters of a solar fruit dryer. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (8 (85)), 13–19. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.90299
- Korobka, S., Babych, M., Krygul, R., Zdobytskyj, A. (2018). Substantiation of parameters and operational modes of air solar collector. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (8 (93)), 16–28. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.132090
- Boyarchuk, V., Korobka, S., Babych, M., Krygul, R. (2018). Results of research into kinetic and energy parameters of convection fruit drying in a solar drying plant. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (8 (96)), 74–85. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.147269
- Sazhin, B. S. (1984). Osnovy tekhniki sushki. Moscow: Himiya, 320.
- Rasev, A. I. (1980). Sushka drevesiny. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 181.
- Korobka, S., Babych, M., Krygul, R., Zdobytskyj, A. (2018). Results of research into technological process of fruit drying in the solar dryer. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (8 (91)), 64–73. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.122816
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Mykhailo Babych, Roman Krygul, Stepan Shapoval, Nataliya Tolstushko, Sergiy Korobka, Mykola Tolstushko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.