Improvement of an engineering procedure for calculating the nonisothermal transportation of a gasliquid mixture
Keywords:non-isothermal fluid, pipeline transportation, gas-liquid mixture of hydrocarbons, hydraulic losses, coefficient of hydraulic resistance.
The study that we conducted into the process of transportation of a gas-condensate mixture from a well bottom to the separation production plant has revealed the features of isothermal and non-isothermal flow. It was proved that during non-isothermal flow, hydraulic losses in the product pipeline are significantly affected by throttle effect and energy accommodation effect. The influence of velocity and volumetric flow rate of the gas-liquid mixtures on hydraulic resistance and pressure drop on a section of product pipeline, taking into consideration non-isothermal flow was analyzed. It was found that the assessment of hydraulic resistance and pressure drop in the proposed dependences converges with standardized ones by 95 %. The result was obtained based on the developed system of equations of the mathematical model for non-isothermal non-stationary one-dimensional motion of the gas-liquid mixture of hydrocarbons in the pipeline. The proposed system beneficially differs from the known ones by the fact that it takes into consideration the inner convective heat exchange, estimated by the combined effect of Joule-Thomson.
A distinctive feature of the improved procedure for calculation was the introduction of temperature correction and accommodation coefficient in the calculation of hydraulic resistance of a pipeline as a system with distributed parameters. Due to this, it became possible to improve the procedure for the calculation of non-isothermal transportation of a homogeneous gas-condensate mixture. Based on the analysis of calculation curves by the known procedures (formulas of Thomas Colebrooke, Leibenson and VNIIgas) for isothermal and non-isothermal processes and the proposed procedure, rational areas of their applications were shown. All calculations were performed at the velocity of a gas-liquid flow within the range 0–50 m/s, pipe roughness of 0.01–0.05 mm and their diameter of 100–300 mm, the data from actual production pipelines of Novotroitsk oil-gas condensate field were used. Comparison of the theoretical and industrial experiments showed sufficient for engineering practice accuracy of calculation of pressure drop on the stretches of oil and gas lead lines and allowed recommending the developed analytical dependences for the introduction in industrial engineering.
- Yakupov, R. R., Yarkeeva, N. R. (2018). Optimization of gas wells operation at the yamburg gas field. Petroleum Engineering, 16 (3), 41–49. doi: https://doi.org/10.17122/ngdelo-2018-3-41-49
- Xia, C., Liu, L., Zhang, L., Peng, X. (2016). Optimization techniques for the secondary development of old gas fields in the Sichuan Basin and their application. Natural Gas Industry B, 3 (6), 595–606. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ngib.2017.05.010
- Shen, Y., Luan, G., Ge, H., Yang, X., Liu, Q., Guo, X. (2017). Optimization of coiled-tubing drainage gas recovery technology in tight gas field. Advances in Mechanical Engineering, 9 (5), 168781401771133. doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/1687814017711333
- Lurie, M. V. (2008). Modeling of Oil Product and Gas Pipeline Transportation. Weinheim: WILEY-VCH VerlagGmbH&Co. KGaA, 214. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/9783527626199
- Novickiy, N. N., Suharev, M. G., Tevyashev, A. D. et. al. (2010). Truboprovodnye sistemy energetiki: Matematicheskoe modelirovanie i optimizaciya. Novosibirsk: Nauka, 419.
- Kang, J. Y., Lee, B. S. (2017). Optimisation of pipeline route in the presence of obstacles based on a least cost path algorithm and laplacian smoothing. International Journal of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, 9 (5), 492–498. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnaoe.2017.02.001
- Aalto, H. (2008). Optimal Control of Natural Gas Pipeline Networks: A Real-Time, Model-Based, Receding Horizon Optimisation Approach. VDM Verlag, 188.
- Arya, A. K., Honwad, S. (2018). Multiobjective optimization of a gas pipeline network: an ant colony approach. Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology, 8 (4), 1389–1400. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13202-017-0410-7
- Ehrhardt, K., Steinbach, M. C. (2005). Nonlinear Optimization in Gas Networks. Modeling, Simulation and Optimization of Complex Processes. Springer, 139–148. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/3-540-27170-8_11
- Trapeznikov, S. Yu. (2011). Issledovanie koefficienta gidravlicheskogo soprotivleniya pri neizotermicheskom dvizhenii vysokovyazkoy nefti po truboprovodu. Elektronniy nauchniy zhurnal «Neftegazovoe delo», 2, 304–310.
- Mikolajková, M., Saxén, H., Pettersson, F. (2018). Mixed Integer Linear Programming Optimization of Gas Supply to a Local Market. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 57 (17), 5951–5965. doi: https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.iecr.7b04197
- Kryzhanivskyi, Ye. et. al. (2006). Enerhetychna bezpeka derzhavy: vysokoefektyvni tekhnolohiyi vydobuvannia, postachannia i vykorystannia pryrodnoho hazu. Kyiv: Interpres LTD, 281.
- Hiller, B., Koch, T., Schewe, L., Schwarz, R., Schweiger, J. (2018). A system to evaluate gas network capacities: Concepts and implementation. European Journal of Operational Research, 270 (3), 797–808. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2018.02.035
- Kondratev, A. S., Nha, T. L., Shvydko, P. P. (2017). The Colebrook-White general formula in pipe flow for arbitrary sand roughness of pipe wall. Fundamental research, 1, 74–78.
- Fyk, M., Fyk, I., Biletsky, V., Oliynyk, M., Kovalchuk, Y., Hnieushev V., Shapchenko Y. (2018). Theoretical and applied aspects of using a thermal pump effect in gas pipeline systems. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (8 (91)), 39–48. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.121667
- Boiko, V. S., Boiko, R. V. (2010). Vydobuvannia i transportuvannia hidratoutvoriuvalnykh pryrodnykh ta naftovykh haziv. Ivano-Frankivsk: «Nova zoria», 747.
- Savić, V., Karanović, V., Knežević, D., Lovrec, D., Jocanović, M. (2009). Determination of Pressure Losses in Hydraulic Pipeline Systems by Considering Temperature and Pressure. Strojniški vestnik, 55 (4), 237–243.
- Fyk, M. I. (2014). Utochnennia rozrakhunku efektyvnosti roboty DKS v umovakh faktychnykh termohradientiv ta suchasnykh pokryttiv NKT. Naftohazova haluz Ukrainy, 1, 25–28.
- Boiko, V. S. (2012). Tekhnolohiya vydobuvannia nafty. Ivano-Frankivsk: Nova Zoria, 827.
- Garris, N. A., Rusakov, A. I., Lebedeva, A. A. (2018). Balanced heat exchange of oil pipeline in permafrost calculation and thawing halo radius determination. Petroleum Engineering, 16 (5), 73–80. doi: https://doi.org/10.17122/ngdelo-2018-5-73-80
- Rzaev, A., Rasulov, S., Pashaev, F., Salii, M. (2017). Features of distribution of temperature along the length of oil pipeline. Perm Journal of Petroleum and Mining Engineering, 16 (2), 158–163. doi: https://doi.org/10.15593/2224-9923/2017.2.6
- Gricenko, A. I., Aliev, Z. S., Еrmilov, O. M., Remizov, V. V., Zotov, G. A. (1995). Rukovodstvo po issledovaniyu skvazhin. Moscow: Nauka, 523.
- Morozova, N. V., Korshak, A. A. (2007). Problema rascheta poter' napora po formule Leybenzona v zone smeshannogo treniya turbulentnogo rezhima. Zapiski Gornogo instituta, 170, 124–126.
- Bilyushov, V. M. (1984). Matematicheskaya model' obrazovaniya gidratov pri techenii vlazhnogo gaza v trubah. Inzhenerno-fizicheskiy zhurnal, 46 (1), 57–63.
- Haaland, S. E. (1983). Simple and Explicit Formulas for the Friction Factor in Turbulent Pipe Flow. Journal of Fluids Engineering, 105 (1), 89–90. doi: https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3240948
- Beletskij, V. S., Borejko, M. K., Sergeev, P. V. (1992). Study of changes in the electrokinetic properties of oxidized coal during its hydrotransport. Solid Fuel. Chemistry, 4, 108–111.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Mykhailo Fyk, Volodymyr Biletskyi, Ilya Fyk, Volodymyr Bondarenko, Mohammed Bassam Al-Sultan
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.