Determining high quasihydrostatic pressure up to 7 GPa at a temperature to 1,400 °С using resistive sensors
Keywords:high quasi-hydrostatic pressures, six-punch high-pressure unit, resistive pressure sensor.
A differential method for measuring high quasi‒hydrostatic pressures for six‒punch pressing installations has been constructed by building a load‒carrying characteristic р=f(Q), where p is the value for pressure in a quasi‒hydrostatic cell of high‒pressure, Q is the force of the press. Pressure in the cell is measured by using the measurement of a temperature difference between the polymorphic transformations into Co(α→β) and Fe(α→γ), melting of Cu and Ag; the measurements are performed by resistometry. The initial data used were the lines of polymorphic transitions in iron (BCC‒FCC) and cobalt (FCC‒HCP) within the ranges p=4‒7 GPa and T=500‒700 °C, examined in detail earlier in the p, T‒diagrams, as well as copper and silver melting curves at p=4‒7 and T=1,150‒1,400 °C.
The database of initial data is represented in the analytical form, which has made it possible to use them to determine pressure in the cell at high temperatures based on the values for magnitudes of the differential temperature difference ΔTd, which was measured experimentally for the Coα‒β–Feα‒γ and AgL.–CuL. sensors, designed in the current paper; we have described the features in assembling differential sensors and their electrical connections in order to perform the process of measuring the magnitudes for ΔTd. We have designed structures for the high-pressure cells to conduct experiments on measuring ΔTd using thermocouples and a circuit that registers a change in the resistance of sensors at phase transformations.
The procedure applied has made it possible to determine pressure in the quasi-hydrostatic cells of six-punch setups by building load characteristics. The main benefits of the devised method for measuring quasi‒hydrostatic pressures by resistometry are its relative simplicity and a significant increase in the accuracy of pressure determination. The latter is achieved through the mutual elimination of corrections of pressure impact and parasitic components for the magnitude of thermo‒EMF of thermocouples in determining the values for a temperature of phase transformations in the resistive sensors Co‒Fe and Ag‒Cu.
The data obtained could be used for monitoring and measuring pressures in the cells of six-punch pressing installations with a plunger diameter of 560‒950 mm.
- Novikov, N. V. (1986). Sinteticheskie sverhtverdye materialy. Vol. 1. Sintez sverhtverdyh materialov. Kyiv: Naukova dumka, 280.
- Wang, Y., Durham, W. B., Getting, I. C., Weidner, D. J. (2003). The deformation-DIA: A new apparatus for high temperature triaxial deformation to pressures up to 15 GPa. Review of Scientific Instruments, 74 (6), 3002–3011. doi: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1570948
- Kawazoe, T., Nishiyama, N., Nishihara, Y., Irifune, T. (2010). Pressure generation to 25 GPa using a cubic anvil apparatus with a multi-anvil 6-6 assembly. High Pressure Research, 30 (1), 167–174. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/08957950903503912
- Tonkov, Е. Yu. (1979). Fazovye diagrammy elementov pri vysokom davlenii. Moscow: Nauka, Glavnaya redaktsiya fiziko-matematicheskoy literatury, 192.
- Liebermann, R. C. (2011). Multi-anvil, high pressure apparatus: a half-century of development and progress. High Pressure Research, 31 (4), 493–532. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/08957959.2011.618698
- Stupnikov, V. A., Bulychev, B. M. (2012). Vysokie davleniya v himii. Almaz i almazopodobnye materialy, tekhnicheskie i sinteticheskie aspekty. Moscow: MGU im. M. V. Lomonosova, 112.
- Bogdanov, S. P. (2008). Rol' razmera kristallitov grafitopodobnogo nitrida bora pri nukleatsii kubicheskogo nitrida bora. Fizika i himiya stekla, 34 (2), 274–280.
- Cubic Press Machine Catalog. Guilin Guiye Machinery Co., Ltd. Available at: https://glguiye.en.made-in-china.com/Product-Catalogs/
- Metodika differentsial'nogo termicheskogo analiza pri davleniyah do 8GPa (1989). Kyiv, 16.
- Getting, I. C., Kennedy, G. C. (1970). Effect of Pressure on the emf of Chromel‐Alumel and Platinum‐Platinum 10% Rhodium Thermocouples. Journal of Applied Physics, 41 (11), 4552–4562. doi: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1658495
- Hanneman, R. E., Strong, H. M. (1966). Pressure Dependence of the emf of Thermocouples. Journal of Applied Physics, 37 (2), 612–614. doi: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1708224
- Pat. No. 132612 UA. Sposib kalibruvannia vysokoho tysku do 6,5HPa v konteinerakh iz kvazihidrostatychnymy peredavalnymy seredovyshchamy shestypuansonnykh kubichnykh presiv (2019). MPK B01J 3/06. No. u201806114; declareted: 01.06.2018; published: 11.03.2019, Bul. No. 5.
- Sonin, V. M., Sokol, A. G. (1993). Razrabotka DTA na monogopuansonnom aparate vysokogo davleniya. Eksperimental'nye issledovaniya kristallizatsii almaza v metallicheskih sistemah. Novosibirsk, 78–82.
- Novikov, N. V., Ivahenko, C. A., Chipenko, G. V., Belousov, I. S. (1990). Izmerenie vysokih kvazigidrostaticheskih davleniy do 7 GPa differentsial'nym metodom pri temperaturah do 1400 °C. Dokl. AN SSSR, 311 (6), 1368–1371.
- Ivahnenko, S. I., Chipenko, G. V., Belouov, I. S., Zanevskiy, O. A. (1987). Izmerenie davleniya differentsial'nym metodom po krivym plavleniya svintsa i tsinka. Obrabotka materialov pri vysokom davlenii. Sbornik nauchnyh trudov AN USSR, IPM AN USSR.
- Claussen, W. F.; Giardini, A. A., Lloyd, E. C. (Eds.) (1963). High Pressure Measurement. Washington: Butterworths, 125.
- Kenedi, D., N'yuton, R. V.; Vinogradov, A. P. (Ed.) (1966). Tverdye tela pod vysokim davleniem. Moscow: Mir, 167.
- Kaufman, L., Clougherty, E. V., Weiss, R. J. (1963). The lattice stability of metals – III. Iron. Acta Metallurgica, 11 (5), 323–335. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-6160(63)90157-3
- Bundy, F. P., Strong, H. M. (1962). Behavior of Metals at High Temperatures and Pressures. Solid State Physics, 81–146. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/s0081-1947(08)60456-7
- Akella, J., Kennedy, G. C. (1971). Melting of gold, silver, and copper-proposal for a new high-pressure calibration scale. Journal of Geophysical Research, 76 (20), 4969–4977. doi: https://doi.org/10.1029/jb076i020p04969
- Batavin, V. V., Kontsevoy, Yu. A., Fedorovich, Yu. V. (1985). Izmerenie parametrov poluprovodnikovyh materialov i struktur. Moscow: Radio i svyaz', 264.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Sergey Ivakhnenko, Valentyn Lysakovskyi, Oleksandr Savitskyi, Andrii Burchenia
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.