Using the intensity of absorbed gamma radiation to control the content of iron in ore
Keywords:rapid control, absorbed, scattered gamma-quanta, nuclear-physical method, detector, albedo.
The paper reports results of mathematical modeling of the intensity of absorbed gamma radiation for determining the iron content in IOR. It was shown that to enhance the accuracy of rapid control of the iron content in IOR, it is advisable to use absorbed gamma radiation. This approach is the improvement of the nuclear-physical method for determining the iron content in IOR. Reflected gamma radiation is used in the existing nuclear-physical methods for determining the iron content in IOR. The gamma-gamma method, the feature of which is the use of "soft" gamma radiation, is used in this method. This leads to the fact that the irradiated surface reflects only a small part of the original flux of gamma radiation. As a result, measuring the intensity of the scattered gamma radiation is characterized by substantial relative errors and, consequently, low-precision of rapid control of iron content in IOR. The use of absorbed gamma radiation as the main part of gamma radiation, makes it possible to significantly reduce the relative error of measurement of the intensity of gamma radiation, that is, to enhance the accuracy of rapid control of the iron content in IOR.
The work considered the method of "central geometry" for measuring the intensity of gamma radiation as the most common. This method makes it possible to take into consideration in the mathematical model the dependence of the intensity of absorbed gamma radiation not only on the properties of irradiated surface of rock mass, but also on the geometric parameters in measurement. The main feature of the model is the use of albedo parameter, which allows linking the scattered and absorbed gamma radiation. Representation of the synthesized model in the dimensionless form enabled both simplification of calculations, and generalization of the results of mathematical modeling of the intensity of absorbed gamma radiation. In order to compare the values of intensities of reflected and absorbed gamma-radiation in terms of central geometry, the appropriate numerical calculations were performed. The results of the conducted calculations proved the effectiveness of using absorbed gamma radiation to determine the iron content in IOR. Thus, in the range of 50‒60 percent of the iron content, the sensitivity of absorbed gamma-radiation is considerably higher (by two times) than sensitivity of scattered gamma radiation.
- Ibraheem, A. A., Algahatani, F. (2018). Analysis of alpha particles scattered from 32S at 386 MeV. AIP Conference Proceedings, 1976, 020022. doi: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5042389
- Kiran, K. U., Ravindraswami, K., Eshwarappa, K. M., Somashekarappa, H. M. (2015). Experimental and simulated study of detector collimation for a portable 3″×3″ NaI(Tl) detector system for in-situ measurements. Journal of Radiation Research and Applied Sciences, 8 (4), 597–605. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jrras.2015.07.006
- Çelik, N., Çevik, U., Çelik, A. (2012). Effect of detector collimation on the measured mass attenuation coefficients of some elements for 59.5–661.6keV gamma-rays. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, 281, 8–14. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nimb.2012.04.003
- Makek, M., Bosnar, D., Pavelić, L. (2019). Scintillator Pixel Detectors for Measurement of Compton Scattering. Condensed Matter, 4 (1), 24. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/condmat4010024
- Díaz-H, K. V., Cristancho, F. (2016). Effect of sample thickness on 511 keV single Compton-scattered gamma rays. AIP Conference Proceedings, 1753, 080001. doi: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4955371
- Flechas, D., Sarmiento, L. G., González, N., Gómez-Muñoz, J., Garzón, C., Fajardo, E., Cristancho, F. (2016). The application possibilities of the gamma-ray Compton backscattering technique. AIP Conference Proceedings, 1529, 40. doi: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4804078
- Azaryan, A. A., Azaryan, V. A., Trachuk, A. A., Grischenko, A. N., Serebrenikov, V. M. (2018). Mathematical model of interaction of gamma radiation with rocks as a source of information on the content of iron in the logging of blast holes. XXXIII Mizhnarodna konferentsiya «Rozvytok nauky v XXI stolitti». Kharkiv, 40–48.
- Azaryan, A., Gritsenko, A., Trachuk, A., Shvets, D. (2018). Development of the method to operatively control quality of iron ore raw materials at open and underground extraction. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (5 (95)), 13–19. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.144003
- Azaryan, A. A., Dryga, V. V., Tsybulevskiy, Yu. E. (2005). Issledovanie avtogeneratornogo metoda kontrolya soderzhaniya zheleza magnitnogo v produktah obogascheniya. Kachestvo mineral'nogo syr'ya, 117–123.
- Morkun, V., Morkun, N., Pikilnyak, A. (2015). The study of volume ultrasonic waves propagation in the gas-containing iron ore pulp. Ultrasonics, 56, 340–343. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ultras.2014.08.022
- Shayakhmetov, B., Issagulov, A., Baisanov, A., Karakeyeva, G., Issagulovа, D. (2014). Studying phase structure of burned ferrous manganese ores by method of nuclear gamma-resonance spectroscopy. Metalurgija, 53 (2), 231–234.
- Manjunatha, M., Kumar, R., Anupama, A. V., Khopkar, V. B., Damle, R., Ramesh, K. P., Sahoo, B. (2019). XRD, internal field-NMR and Mössbauer spectroscopy study of composition, structure and magnetic properties of iron oxide phases in iron ores. Journal of Materials Research and Technology, 8 (2), 2192–2200. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmrt.2019.01.022
- Mashkovich, V. P., Kudryavtseva, A. V. (1995). Zaschita ot ioniziruyuschih izlucheniy. Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 495.
- Azaryan, A. A., Serebrenikov, V. M. (1988). Matematicheskoe modelirovanie yadernofizicheskih metodov analiza hromovyh rud. Gorniy zhurnal, 6, 25–27.
- Dzyublik, A. Ya., Sadykov, E. K., Petrov, G. I., Arinin, V. V., Vagizov, F. H., Spivak, V. Yu. (2013). Mossbauer forward scattering spectra of ferromagnets in radio-frequency magnetic field. Yaderna fizyka ta enerhetyka, 13 (1), 73–82. Available at: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/yadf_2013_13_1_12
- Shipachev, V. S. (1981). Kurs vysshey matematiki. Moscow: Izd-vo Mosk. un-ta, 280.
- Guhman, A. A. (1973). Vvedenie v teoriyu podobiya. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 296.
- Sedov, L. I. (1987). Metody podobiya i razmernosti v mekhanike. Moscow: Nauka, 432.
- Makarov, E. G. (2009). Mathcad: Uchebniy kurs. Sankt-Peterburg: Piter, 384.
- Lutsenko, I., Oksanych, I., Shevchenko, I., Karabut, N. (2018). Development of the method for modeling operational processes for tasks related to decision making. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (4 (92)), 26–32. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.126446
- Lutsenko, I., Fomovskaya, E., Oksanych, I., Vikhrova, E., Serdiuk, O. (2017). Formal signs determination of efficiency assessment indicators for the operation with the distributed parameters. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (4 (85)), 24–30. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.91025
- Azaryan, A. (2015). Research of influence of monocrystal thickness NAJ(TL) on the intensity of the integrated flux of scattered gamma radiation. Metallurgical and Mining Industry, 2, 43–46.
- Azaryan, A., Gritsenko, A. (2011). Mobile station for logging of blast holes. Novi technologii, 4, 52–55.
- Azaryan, A., Azaryan, V. (2015). Use of Bourger-Lambert-Bera law for the operative control and quality management of mineral raw materials. Metallurgical and Mining Industry, 1, 4–8.
- Shvets, D. V. (2018). Avtomaticheskoe upravlenie protsessom izmel'cheniya magnetitovyh rud na osnove opredeleniya ih prochnosti. Sbornik nauchnyh trudov "Kachestvo mineral'nogo syr'ya", 2.
- Azaryan, A., Pikilnyak, A., Shvets, D. (2015). Complex automation system of iron ore preparation for beneficiation. Metallurgical and mining industry, 8, 64–66.
- Morkun, V., Morkun, N., Tron, V., Hryshchenko, S. (2017). Investigation of the effect of characteristics of gascontaining suspensions on the parameters of the process of ultrasonic wave propagation. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (5 (90)), 49–58. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.118943
- Porkuyan, O. V., Sotnikova, T. G. (2010). Kombinirovannyy metod opredeleniya otnositel'nogo soderzhaniya magnetita v tverdoy faze zhelezorudnoy pul'py. Vestnik Nats. tekhn. un-ta "KhPI", 12, 29–36.
- Val'ter, A. K., Zalyubovskiy, I. I. (1991). Yadernaya fizika. Kharkiv: Osnova, 480.
- Tatarnikov, A. P. (1974). Yadernofizicheskie metody obogascheniya poleznyh iskopaemyh. Moscow: Atomizdat, 145.
- Plaksin, I. N., Starchik, L. P. (1966). Yaderno-fizicheskie metody kontrolya veschestvennogo sostava: yadernye reaktsii i aktivatsionniy analiz. Moscow: Nauka, 204.
- Yakubovich, A. L., Zaytsev, E. I., Przhiyalgovskiy, S. M. (1982). Yaderno-fizicheskie metody analiza gornyh porod. Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 264.
- Frolov, V. V. (1976). Yaderno-fizicheskie metody kontrolya delyaschihsya veschestv. Moscow: Atomizdat, 128.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Albert Azaryan, Andrey Gritsenko, Annait Trachuk, Vadim Serebrenikov, Dmitriy Shvets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.