Development of a comprehensive approach to determining the rational parameters of an onboard capacitive energy accumulator for a subway train
Keywords:onboard capacitive energy accumulator, subway train, regenerative braking, accumulation system
AbstractOne of the essential, yet insufficiently studied, issues related to the implementation of onboard capacitive energy accumulators in the subway is determining their rational parameters (power and energy intensity). We have analyzed existing methods and approaches to choosing the parameters for onboard capacitive energy accumulators. Disadvantages for each method and approach have been defined. We have substantiated the need to devise an approach that would make it possible to fully account for the factors influencing actual conditions of a subway train operation. Existing methods and approaches to selecting rational parameters have deficiencies and do not take into consideration the factors of real operating conditions of a subway train. This paper has proposed a comprehensive approach that takes into account the specified factors of influence and makes it possible to choose rational parameters for an onboard capacitive energy accumulator based on two indicators: the weight and cost of an accumulation system. We have determined the rational parameters for an onboard capacitive energy accumulator for the predefined operating conditions of a subway train using a comprehensive approach. The amount of saved electric power due to the implementation of an onboard accumulator with rational parameters has been calculated. The research results could be used when designing, constructing, and introducing the subway rolling stock with an onboard capacitive energy accumulator, as well as during an expert estimation of the amount of energy saved
- Sablin, O. (2014). Study of the efficiency of the electric energy recovery process in the subway. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (8 (72)), 9–13. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2014.30483
- Zhemerov, G. G., Ilyina, N. О., Tugay, D. V. (2014). Reduction of energy losses in subway rolling-stock energy supply systems using energy-consuming storages. Tekhnichna elektrodynamika, 5, 137–138.
- Shevlyugin, M. V., Zheltov, K. S. (2008). On reduction of electric power consumption in Moscow underground by application of capacitive energy storage devices. Nauka i tehnika transporta, 1, 15–20.
- Ciccarelli, F., Iannuzzi, D., Tricoli, P. (2012). Control of metro-trains equipped with onboard supercapacitors for energy saving and reduction of power peak demand. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 24, 36–49. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trc.2012.02.001
- Allegre, A.-L., Bouscayrol, A., Delarue, P., Barrade, P., Chattot, E., El-Fassi, S. (2010). Energy Storage System With Supercapacitor for an Innovative Subway. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 57 (12), 4001–4012. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/tie.2010.2044124
- Ciccarelli, F. (2014). Energy management and control strategies for the use of supercapacitors storage technologies in urban railway traction systems. PHD School in Industrial Engineering, 330.
- Szênâsy, I. (2009). New energy management of capacitive energy storage in metro railcar by simulation. Acta Technica Jaurinensis, 2 (1), 117–131.
- Mensah-Darkwa, K., Zequine, C., Kahol, P., Gupta, R. (2019). Supercapacitor Energy Storage Device Using Biowastes: A Sustainable Approach to Green Energy. Sustainability, 11 (2), 414. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/su11020414
- Limanskiy, S. S. (2010). Pat. No. RU 2436690 C2 RF. Sposob dvizheniya elektricheskogo transportnogo sredstva na rekuperirovannoy elektroenergii i ustroystvo dlya ego osushchestvleniya. MPK B60L 7/12. No. 2010104636/11; declareted: 11.02.2010; published: 20.12.2011. Bul. No. 35, 18.
- Eliseev, A. D., Fursov, S. A. (2015). Superkondensatory Nesscap povyshayut energoeffektivnost' elektroprivodov. Elektronnye komponenty, 2, 80–83.
- Kossov, E. E., Nikipelyy, S. O. (2010). Primenenie nakopiteley maloy energoemkosti v silovoy tsepi teplovoza. Visnyk Skhidnoukrainskoho nats. un-tu im. V. Dalia, 5 (147), 246–248.
- Shchurov, N. I., Shcheglov, K. V., Shtang, A. A. (2008). Primenenie nakopiteley energii v sistemah elektricheskoy tyagi. Sbornik nauchnyh trudov NGTU, 1 (51), 99–104.
- Riabov, E. S. (2015). Defining the parameters of an energy storage for an electrorolling stock with asynchronous traction drive under the limited current in the traction network. Visnyk Natsionalnoho tekhnichnoho universytetu «Kharkivskyi politekhnichnyi instytut», 6 (1115), 132–137.
- Rybalko, A. Ya., Dybrin, S. V. (2008). Vybor emkosti nakopitelya energii dlya obespecheniya snizheniya maksimuma potreblyaemoy moshchnosti. Gorniy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten' (nauchno-tehnicheskiy zhurnal), 8, 356–361.
- Kostin, N. A., Nikitenko, A. V. (2014). Avtonomnost' rekuperativnogo tormozheniya – osnova nadezhnoy energoeffektivnoy rekuperatsii na elektropodvizhnom sostave postoyannogo toka. Zaliznychnyi transport Ukrainy, 3, 15–23.
- Sulym, A. O., Fomin, O. V., Khozia, P. O., Mastepan, A. G. (2018). Theoretical and practical determination of parameters of on-board capacitive energy storage of the rolling stock. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, 5, 79–87. doi: https://doi.org/10.29202/nvngu/2018-5/8
- Mukha, А. M., Kostin, М. О., Kurylenko, О. Y., Tsyplia, H. V. (2017). Enhancing the operational efficiency of direct current drive based on use of supercondenser power storage units. Science and Transport Progress. Bulletin of Dnipropetrovsk National University of Railway Transport, 5 (71), 48–60. doi: https://doi.org/10.15802/stp2017/114624
- Gorobchenko, O., Fomin, O., Fomin, V., Kovalenko, V. (2018). Study of the influence of electric transmission parameters on the efficiency of freight rolling stock of direct current. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (3 (91)), 60–67. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.121713
- Myatezh, A. V., Yaroslavtsev, M. V. (2013). Opredelenie energoemkosti bortovogo bufernogo kondensatornogo nakopitelya energii dlya gorodskogo elektricheskogo transporta. Transport Rossiyskoy Federatsii, 4 (47), 62–65.
- Fomin, O., Sulym, A., Kulbovskyi, I., Khozia, P., Ishchenko, V. (2018). Determining rational parameters of the capacitive energy storage system for the underground railway rolling stock. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (1 (92)), 63–71. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.126080
- Bayryeva, L. S., Prokopovich, A. V. (2004). Teoriya elektricheskoy tyagi. Moscow: Izdatel'stvo MEI, 40.
- Rozenfel'd, V. E., Isaev, I. P., Sidorov, N. N., Ozerov, M. I.; Isaev, I. P. (Ed.) (1995). Teoriya elektricheskoy tyagi. Moscow: Transport, 294.
- Sulim, A. A. (2015). Povyshenie effektivnosti energoobespecheniya podvizhnogo sostava metropolitena s sistemami rekuperatsii putem primeneniya emkostnyh nakopiteley energii. Kyiv, 188.
- SOU MPP 45.060-253:2008. Vahony metropolitenu. Zahalni tekhnichni vymohy (2008). Kyiv: Ministerstvo promyslovoi polityky Ukrainy, 29.
- Tkachenko, V., Sapronova, S., Kulbovskiy, I., Fomin, O. (2017). Research into resistance to the motion of railroad undercarriages related to directing the wheelsets by a rail track. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (7 (89)), 65–72. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.109791
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Andriy Sulym, Oleksij Fomin, Pavlo Khozia
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.