Costeffectiveness in mathematical modelling of the power unit control
Keywords:power unit abnormal mode, efficiency criteria, methods for calculating the economic effect
AbstractThe authors of the study have analysed the criteria for increasing cost-effectiveness in the operation of power-generating equipment of power units at TPPs and NPPs. The existing methods of calculating the cost-effectiveness disregard factors that lead to economic costs during shutdowns of the power unit and reduce the energy consumer load. A significant factor in increasing cost-effectiveness of the automated control systems at a power unit of a power plant is the compulsory checking to detect a low level of information reliability. It is proved that reliability of the power unit technological equipment substantially depends on the effectiveness of emergency automated control when an unpermitted shutdown of a power unit occurs due to false positives. It is shown that the cause of false positives is low reliability of the data on the power unit technological process parameters. It is revealed that unforeseen unpermitted shutdown of a power unit and a decrease in the energy consumer load leads to significant economic and material losses, and, consequently, to a decrease in economic efficiency of automated control of a power unit. It is shown that the existing economic models do not take into account the financial and material costs that occur due to unpermitted shutdown of the power unit and decrease in the energy consumer load in case of false positives in real time. The authors of the study have devised a unified integrated economic and mathematical model, which allows calculating the economic effect taking into account changes in the reliability of the technological equipment, due to the timely prompt detection of false positives and low-reliability data. The proposed emergency modular unit coupled with modules for detecting and control of false alarms, which takes into account static and operational economic components, allows calculating the economic effect based on the devised unified integrated economic and mathematical model. The authors of the study give practical recommendations for applying the economic module in the hardware and software complex of the power unit, which allows calculating the economic effect on the basis of static data coming from the data memory and current data from the power unit
- Duel', M. A., Duel', A. L. (2007). Avtomatizatsiya analiza tehniko-ekonomicheskih pokazateley (TEP) energooborudovaniya TES. Energetika i elektrifikatsiya, 12, 35–41.
- Duel', M. A., Shchur, Yu. A. (2009). Kriterii optimal'nogo upravleniya energoblokom TES v nestatsionarnyh rezhimah. Enerhetyka ta elektryfikatsiya, 4, 3–8.
- Duel, M. O., Kanjuk, G. I., Fursova, T. N., Bliznitshenko, E. N. (2013). Automation of determination of energy features of energy equipment. Energosberezhenie. Energetika. Energoaudit, 2, 13–19.
- Duel', M. A. (2009). Kriterii effektivnosti sistem avtomatizirovannogo upravleniya energoblokami TES i AES. Enerhetyka ta elektryfikatsiya, 12, 45–51.
- Budanov, P. F., Brovko, K. Yu., Vasuchenko, P. V. (2016). Improve the reliability of power facilities functioning based on improvements software and hardware complex automated subsystem of emergency and preventative protection. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Kharkivskoho universytetu Povitrianykh Syl, 3 (48), 161–167.
- Stoppato, A., Mirandola, A., Meneghetti, G., Lo Casto, E. (2012). On the operation strategy of steam power plants working at variable load: Technical and economic issues. Energy, 37 (1), 228–236. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2011.11.042
- Le Duy, T. D., Vasseur, D. (2018). A practical methodology for modeling and estimation of common cause failure parameters in multi-unit nuclear PSA model. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 170, 159–174. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2017.10.018
- Budanov, P. F., Brovko, K. Yu. (2016). Improving the reliability of process control of power facilities emergency way to identify features in non-standard modes functioning on the basis of fractal method of detection. Information Processing Systems, 7 (144), 175–180.
- Kuchorenko, A. N. (2015). Economic efficiency calculation procedure for the automatic water-level regulating invariant system in the boiler shell. Energetika. Izvestiya vysshih uchebnyh zavedeniy i energeticheskih obedineniy SNG, 6, 62–73.
- Duel', M. A., Kanyuk, G. I. (2011). Automation process and its impact on efficiency and CHP power generation nuclear power plant. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies 5 (8 (53)), 15–22. Available at: http://journals.uran.ua/eejet/article/view/1272/1173
- Tøndel, I. A., Foros, J., Kilskar, S. S., Hokstad, P., Jaatun, M. G. (2018). Interdependencies and reliability in the combined ICT and power system: An overview of current research. Applied Computing and Informatics, 14 (1), 17–27. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aci.2017.01.001
- Alobaid, F., Mertens, N., Starkloff, R., Lanz, T., Heinze, C., Epple, B. (2017). Progress in dynamic simulation of thermal power plants. Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, 59, 79–162. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pecs.2016.11.001
- Wahlström, B. (2018). Systemic thinking in support of safety management in nuclear power plants. Safety Science, 109, 201–218. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2018.06.001
- Kulakov, G. T., Kravchenko, V. V., Makosko, Yu. V. (2013). Methodology for calculation of economic efficiency in implementation of TPP automatic control innovation systems (Part 2). Nauka i tehnika, 2, 77–82.
- Aslanyan, A. Sh., Arakalyan, E. K., Pan'ko, M. A. (2009). K otsenke tehniko-ekonomicheskoy effektivnosti razrabotki i vnedreniya ASUTP TES, realizovannyh na baze programmno-tehnicheskih kompleksov. Vestnik MEI, 1, 99–106.
- Bortoni, E. C., Bastos, G. S., Souza, L. E. (2007). Optimal load distribution between units in a power plant. ISA Transactions, 46 (4), 533–539. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.isatra.2007.03.003
- Bao, T., Liu, S. (2016). Quality evaluation and analysis for domain software: Application to management information system of power plant. Information and Software Technology, 78, 53–65. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.infsof.2016.05.007
- De Oliveira-De Jesus, P. M., Antunes, C. H. (2018). Economic valuation of smart grid investments on electricity markets. Sustainable Energy, Grids and Networks, 16, 70–90. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.segan.2018.05.003
- Budanov, P. F., Brovko, K. Yu. (2016). Dynamic spatial-temporal model of information-control systems program-technical complexes PCS power unit. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Kharkivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu Povitrianykh Syl, 4 (49), 80–85.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Oleksandr Popov, Nataliia Shmatko, Pavlo Budanov, Iryna Pantielieieva, Kostiantyn Brovko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.