Substantiating the use of germinated legume flour enriched with iodine and selenium in the production of cooked-smoked sausages
Keywords:legume flour, cooked-smoked sausages, iodine deficiency, selenium deficiency, soybeans, chickpeas, amino acids.
The possibility of using flour from soybean and chickpea grains, which are germinated in solutions of mineral salts, has been considered. The feasibility of its use in the production of cooked-smoked sausages by reducing meat raw materials has been investigated. The obtained patterns will be used in the development of the technology of cooked-smoked sausage enriched with iodine and selenium, the deficit of which is observed in 17 % of the world's population.
The reported study has established that all experimental samples demonstrated an improvement in the structural and rheological characteristics compared with the control. It has been found that the use of legume flour, germinated in solutions of mineral salts, affects a change in the pH of minced meat. The samples containing them have a less pH, by 0.2; 0.4; 0.7 °T. The samples change color from dark red (control) to yellow-pink and yellow-gray. The content of the mass fraction of iodine and selenium in the samples containing the flour of legumes sprouted in the solutions of mineral salts of 5, 10, 15 %, was 13; 26; 39 μg by iodine, and 12.5; 25; 37.5 μg by selenium content. The content of essential amino acids increases by 1.609; 2.756; 4.012 mg/100 g compared with the samples where legume flour was used, sprouted in water; by 2.134; 5.594; 8.468 mg/100 g compared with the control sample. The total content of essential amino acids increases by 3.128; 6.254; 9.380 mg/100 g compared with the control sample, and by 1.054; 2.100; 3.150 mg/100 g in comparison with samples in which the legume flour sprouted in water was used.
The established patterns are the scientific basis for the development of the production technology of cooked smoked sausages enriched with iodine, selenium, and amino acids. The developed product could adjust the structure of people's nutrition, thereby eliminating significant deviations in the consumption of microelements.
- Platonova, N. M. (2015). Iodine deficiency: current status. Clinical and Experimental Thyroidology, 11 (1), 12–21. doi: https://doi.org/10.14341/ket2015112-21
- Ryzhkova, T., Bondarenko, T., Dyukareva, G., Biletskaya, Y. (2017). Development of a technology with an iodine-containing additive to produce kefir from goat milk. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (11 (87)), 37–44. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.103824
- Williams, P. A., Phillips, G. O. (2009). Introduction to food hydrocolloids. Handbook of Hydrocolloids, 1–22. doi: https://doi.org/10.1533/9781845695873.1
- Bochkaryova, Z. A. (2016). Improvement of the meat stuffed semi-finished products, based on minced meat-vegetable masses. XXI vek: itogi proshlogo i problemy nastoyashchego plyus, 1, 137–143.
- Lisitsyn, A. B. (2010). The main trends of fundamental research VNIIMP. Meat industry, 11, 5–9.
- Paska, M., Markovych, I., Simonov, R. (2014). Functional technological indicators smoked sausages with partial replacement of meat raw lentil flour. Naukovyi visnyk Lvivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu veterynarnoi medytsyny ta biotekhnolohiy im. Gzhytskoho, 16 (3 (4)), 119–128.
- Abd-Elhak, Nasra, A., Safaa, E. A., Nahed, L. Z. (2014). Innovative modification of traditional burger. Egypt. J. Agric. Res., 92 (3), 995–1008.
- Pietrasich, Z., Yants, Y. A. M. (2010). The use of pea flour, rich in starch and fiber, low fat Bologna in sausage. Food Res. Int., 43 (2), 602–608.
- Vinauskienė, R., Eisinaitė, V., Jasutienė, I., Leskauskaitė, D. (2014). Composition and functional properties of meat products with a lyophilised vegetable additive. Food Chemistry and Technology, 48 (1), 78–86.
- Shimokomaki, M., Ida, E. I., Kato, T., Pedrão, M. R., Coró, F. A. G., Hernández-Blazquez, F. J. (2012). Meat and meat products microstructure and their eating quality. Current microscopy contributions to Advances in Science and Technology, 23, 486–495.
- Tornberg, E., Sjöholm, I. (2004). Pat. No. WO 2005107500 A1. Vegetable fat replacement in meat products. declareted: 07.05.2004; published: 17.11.2005.
- Biletska, Ya., Plotnikova, R. (2019). Research of the chemical composition and the content of the accumulated iodine in soybeans. Prohresyvni tekhnika ta tekhnolohiyi kharchovykh vyrobnytstv restorannoho hospodarstva i torhivli, 2 (30), 111–121. Available at: http://elib.hduht.edu.ua/bitstream/123456789/5060/1/9.pdf
- Biletska, Y., Plotnikova, R. (2020). Research of the phytoestrogens content in soybean and chickpea flour. Technology Audit and Production Reserves, 1 (3 (51)), 58–60. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/2312-8372.2020.192603
- Biletska, Y., Bakirov, M. (2019). Identification of promising chickpea varieties for enrichment with selen. Technology Audit and Production Reserves, 5 (3 (49)), 41–44. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/2312-8372.2019.185137
- Shalimova, T. A. (2016). The use of biomedical to improve the functional properties of bean flour for use in meat stuffing systems. Vse o myase, 1, 36–38. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/primenenie-biomodifikatsii-dlya-uluchsheniya-funktsionalnyh-svoystv-muki-bobovyh-s-tselyu-ispolzovaniya-v-myasnyh-farshevyh-sistemah
- Paska, M., Markovych, I. (2014). Histological characteristics smoked sausages using different content of flour lentils. Naukovyi visnyk Lvivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu veterynarnoi medytsyny ta biotekhnolohiy im. Gzhytskoho, 16 (2 (59)), 156–163.
- Markovych, I. (2014). Research on the amino acid composition in semi-smoked sausages containing lentils, juniper and thyme. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (10 (72)), 38–43. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2014.28725
- Kazymov, S. A., Prudnikova, T. N. (2012). Germination influence on amino acids composition of mash beans. Izvestiya vysshih uchebnyh zavedeniy. Pishchevaya tehnologiya, 5-6, 25–26.
- Biletska, Y., Bilovska, O., Zaitseva, А. (2019). Design of new food for diet purposes according to consumer preferences. Technology Audit and Production Reserves, 6 (4 (50)), 21–25. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/2312-8372.2019.185931
- Peresichnyi, M. I., Fedorova, D. V., Palamarek, K. V. (2013). Proektuvannia bilkovo-roslynnykh past iz pidvyshchenym umistom yodu. Obladnannia ta tekhnolohiyi kharchovykh vyrobnytstv, 30, 135–143. Available at: http://journals.uran.ua/index.php/2079-4827/article/view/22232/19750
- Dzakhmisheva, I. S. (2013). Prevention yododefitsita functional food. Fundamental research, 10, 2418–2421, 10, 2418–2421. Available at: https://www.fundamental-research.ru/ru/article/view?id=32806
- Fakty dlia zhyttia. Dovidkovyi posibnyk (2018). Kyiv-Minsk-Moscow, 192.
- Karanikas, G., Schuetz, M., Kontur, S., Duan, H., Kommata, S., Schoen, R. et. al. (2008). No Immunological Benefit of Selenium in Consecutive Patients with Autoimmune Thyroiditis. Thyroid, 18 (1), 7–12. doi: https://doi.org/10.1089/thy.2007.0127
- Kryvoruchko, M. Y., Antonenko, A. V., Pohrebna, T. V., Pop, T. M., Kravchenko, M. F. (2012). Pat. No. 74155 UA. Method for production meal of soybeans germinated in an aqueous extract of laminaria, in particular Laminaria japonica or Laminaria saccharina. No. u201201490; declareted: 13.02.2012; published: 25.10.2012, Bul. No. 20.
- Gorlach, E. A., Stepanova, N. Yu. (2016). Ispol'zovanie netraditsionnogo rastitel'nogo syr'ya v proizvodstve varenyh kolbas. Izvestiya Sankt-Peterburgskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta, 82–87.
- Harybina, K. E. (2001). Razrabotka sostava i tehnologii proizvodstva varenyh kolbas s ispol'zovaniem belkovoyodirovannogo kompleksa. Moscow, 164. Available at: http://www.dslib.net/texnologia-mjasa/razrabotka-sostava-i-tehnologii-proizvodstva-varenyh-kolbas-s-ispolzovaniem.html
- Biletska, Y., Plotnikova, R., Danko, N., Bakirov, M., Chuiko, M., Perepelytsia, A. (2019). Substantiation of the expediency to use iodine-enriched soya flour in the production of bread for special dietary consumption. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (11 (101)), 48–55. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2019.179809
- Biletska, Y., Plotnikova, R., Skyrda, O., Bakirov, M., Iurchenko, S., Botshtein, B. (2020). Devising a technology for making flour from chickpea enriched with selenium. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (11 (103)), 50–58. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2020.193515
- Gorbatov, A. V. (1979). Reologiya myasnyh i molochnyh produktov. Moscow Pishchevaya promyshlennost', 383.
- Vysshiy pilotazh kontrolya tsveta. Available at: http://machouse.ua/press-center/s1/news/vycshij-pilotazh-kontrolja-tsveta.html
- Spektrofotometrychne kilkisne vyznachennia likarskykh zasobiv u varianti metodu pokaznyka pohlynannia. Available at: http://sphu.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Validation_chapter_07_-_SPU-ukr_1-130619.pdf
- Pasichnyi, V. M., Moroz, O. O., Mitiaieva, S. M. (2009). Stabilizatsiya pokaznykiv napivkopchenykh kovbas z miasom ptytsi. Naukovyi visnyk Lvivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu veterynarnoi medytsyny ta biotekhnolohiy imeni S.Z. Gzhytskoho, 11 (3 (42)), 284–288.
- Sokolov, A. A. (1965). Fiziko-himicheskie i biohimicheskie osnovy tehnologii myasoproduktov. Moscow: Pishchevaya promyshlennost', 511.
- Vlasenko, I., Semko, T. (2019). Craft technology of smoked sausages. Commodities and markets, 2, 98–107. doi: https://doi.org/10.31617/tr.knute.2019(30)09
- Biletska, Ya. O., Chuiko, A. M., Sidorov, V. I., Danko, N. I., Husliev, A. P., Babenko, V. A. (2019). Pat. No. 139154 UA. Sposib oderzhannia solodu. No. u201905816; declareted: 27.05.2019; published: 26.12.2019, Bul. No. 24.
- Biletska, Y., Semeniuk, A., Perepelytsia, A. (2020). Research of the influence of soybean germination on changes in the amino acid composition and the content of phytic acid. Technology Audit and Production Reserves, 2 (3 (52)), 35–37. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/2312-8372.2020.199524
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020 Yana Biletska, Galina Djukareva, Taisia Ryzhkova, Oleg Kotlyar, Tetyana Khaustova, Svitlana Andrieieva, Olha Bilovska
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.