Solving a task of coordinated control over a ship automated electric power system under a changing load
Keywords:efficiency, technical operation, quality, control system, complex
This paper reports the synthesis of the main processes for the basic control over a complex technical vessel system. The issue related to the semantics of the description and the method for decomposing management tasks has been proposed to resolve in the context of the synthesis of the program to coordinate control over vessel technical systems and complexes with a sophisticated structure. An example of a five-unit ship’s automated electric power system (SAEPS) for the predefined level of generated power, taking into consideration the efficiency criteria, was used to synthesize the algorithms that execute transitions from one level to another while taking into account the pre-emergency and emergency states of SAEPS. The organization of the sequential process of enabling/disabling generator units (GUs) implies developing a program for managing the coordinator's supervisor as part of a distributed two-level hierarchical structure of SAEPS control when the load changes. The sequence of operations to launch, synchronize, transfer the loading, and stop GU is based on the formation of GU optimal composition, the distribution of loads among GUs running in parallel, and the implementation of the program for optimizing the primary engine of the power plant.
The reported principles for constructing GU composition control procedures based on the principle of "rigid and flexible" thresholds have made it possible to build a diagram of adjustment of the time delay in enabling GU dependent on the demanded power. It has been proven that the proposed technique improves the reliability of SAEPS operation as it eliminates possible emergency modes when false control combinations are assigned. Databases on the quantity of GUs, their technical condition, loading, fuel consumption, and environmental parameters have been built. The synthesis of control over a five-unit SAEPS has made it possible to determine the algorithmization procedure based on using an extended data array and simplify the functioning algorithm involved in the operations of choosing the structure for a five-unit SAEPS
- Budashko, V., Shevchenko, V. (2021). The synthesis of control system to synchronize ship generator assemblies. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (2 (109)), 45–63. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.225517
- Shevchenko, V. (2018). Optimization of the process of automatic synchronization of ship diesel generators in the deterministic formulation of the problem. Automation of technological and business processes, 10 (4), 43–52. doi: https://doi.org/10.15673/atbp.v10i4.1233
- Kulor, F., Markus, E. D., Kanzumba, K. (2021). Design and control challenges of hybrid, dual nozzle gas turbine power generating plant: A critical review. Energy Reports, 7, 324–335. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egyr.2020.12.042
- Heinrich, B., Krause, F., Schiller, A. (2019). Automated planning of process models: The construction of parallel splits and synchronizations. Decision Support Systems, 125, 113096. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2019.113096
- Kumar, J., Kumpulainen, L., Kauhaniemi, K. (2019). Technical design aspects of harbour area grid for shore to ship power: State of the art and future solutions. International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, 104, 840–852. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2018.07.051
- Jianyun, Z., Li, C., Lijuan, X., Bin, W. (2019). Bi-objective optimal design of plug-in hybrid electric propulsion system for ships. Energy, 177, 247–261. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2019.04.079
- Dalheim, Ø. Ø., Steen, S. (2020). Preparation of in-service measurement data for ship operation and performance analysis. Ocean Engineering, 212, 107730. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2020.107730
- Kowalski, J., Krawczyk, B., Woźniak, M. (2017). Fault diagnosis of marine 4-stroke diesel engines using a one-vs-one extreme learning ensemble. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, 57, 134–141. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engappai.2016.10.015
- Nuchturee, C., Li, T., Xia, H. (2020). Energy efficiency of integrated electric propulsion for ships – A review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 134, 110145. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2020.110145
- Armellini, A., Daniotti, S., Pinamonti, P., Reini, M. (2018). Evaluation of gas turbines as alternative energy production systems for a large cruise ship to meet new maritime regulations. Applied Energy, 211, 306–317. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2017.11.057
- Myrhorod, V., Hvozdeva, I., Budashko, V. (2020). Multi-parameter Diagnostic Model of the Technical Conditions Changes of Ship Diesel Generator Sets. 2020 IEEE Problems of Automated Electrodrive. Theory and Practice (PAEP). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/paep49887.2020.9240905
- Liu, X. F., Wang, Y., Liu, W. H. (2017). Finite element analysis of thermo-mechanical conditions inside the piston of a diesel engine. Applied Thermal Engineering, 119, 312–318. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2017.03.063
- Peters, R., Pasel, J., Samsun, R. C., Scharf, F., Tschauder, A., Stolten, D. (2018). Heat exchanger design for autothermal reforming of diesel. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 43 (26), 11830–11846. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2018.03.085
- Latarche, M. (2021). WinGD (Wärtsilä/Sulzer) low-speed engines. Pounder’s Marine Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines, 471–537. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-08-102748-6.00016-5
- Zhu, D., Zheng, X. (2019). Fuel consumption and emission characteristics in asymmetric twin-scroll turbocharged diesel engine with two exhaust gas recirculation circuits. Applied Energy, 238, 985–995. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2019.01.188
- Prokopowicz, A. K., Berg-Andreassen, J. (2016). An Evaluation of Current Trends in Container Shipping Industry, Very Large Container Ships (VLCSs), and Port Capacities to Accommodate TTIP Increased Trade. Transportation Research Procedia, 14, 2910–2919. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trpro.2016.05.409
- Budashko, V., Shevchenko, V. (2018). Synthesis of the Management Strategy of the Ship Power Plant for the Combined Propulsion Complex. 2018 IEEE 5th International Conference on Methods and Systems of Navigation and Motion Control (MSNMC). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/msnmc.2018.8576266
- Momenimovahed, A., Gagné, S., Gajdosechova, Z., Corbin, J. C., Smallwood, G. J., Mester, Z. et. al. (2021). Effective density and metals content of particle emissions generated by a diesel engine operating under different marine fuels. Journal of Aerosol Science, 151, 105651. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaerosci.2020.105651
- Murawski, L. (2018). Thermal interaction between main engine body and ship hull. Ocean Engineering, 147, 107–120. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2017.10.038
- Hemeida, M. G., Ibrahim, A. A., Mohamed, A.-A. A., Alkhalaf, S., El-Dine, A. M. B. (2021). Optimal allocation of distributed generators DG based Manta Ray Foraging Optimization algorithm (MRFO). Ain Shams Engineering Journal, 12 (1), 609–619. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asej.2020.07.009
- Kitagawa, Y., Bondarenko, O., Tsukada, Y. (2019). An experimental method to identify a component of wave orbital motion in propeller effective inflow velocity and its effects on load fluctuations of a ship main engine in waves. Applied Ocean Research, 92, 101922. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apor.2019.101922
- Kim, Y., Hwang, S., Cho, K., Kim, U. (2017). Characteristics of propulsion shafting system in ships with engine acceleration problems in the barred speed range. Ocean Engineering, 145, 479–491. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2017.09.021
- Rokhforoz, P., Kebriaei, H., Ahmadabadi, M. N. (2021). Large-scale dynamic system optimization using dual decomposition method with approximate dynamic programming. Systems & Control Letters, 150, 104894. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sysconle.2021.104894
- Bürgy, R., Hertz, A., Baptiste, P. (2020). An exact dynamic programming algorithm for the precedence-constrained class sequencing problem. Computers & Operations Research, 124, 105063. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cor.2020.105063
- Nakamura, H. (2016). Global Nonsmooth Control Lyapunov Function Design for Path-Following Problem via Minimum Projection Method. IFAC-PapersOnLine, 49 (18), 600–605. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ifacol.2016.10.231
- Banisoleiman, K., Rattenbury, N. (2006). Reliability Trends, Operating Issues and Acceptance Criteria related to Exhaust Gas Turbochargers used in the Marine Industry - A Classification Society View. 8th International Conference on Turbochargers and Turbocharging, 289–303. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/b978-1-84569-174-5.50025-7
- Budashko, V. (2020). Thrusters Physical Model Formalization with regard to Situational and Identification Factors of Motion Modes. 2020 International Conference on Electrical, Communication, and Computer Engineering (ICECCE). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/icecce49384.2020.9179301
- Sadeghian, Z., Akbari, E., Nematzadeh, H. (2021). A hybrid feature selection method based on information theory and binary butterfly optimization algorithm. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, 97, 104079. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engappai.2020.104079
- Boyko, A., Budashko, V., Yushkov, Y., Boyko, N. (2016). Synthesis and research of automatic balancing system of voltage converter fed induction motor currents. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (2 (79)), 22–34. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2016.60544
- Hvozdeva, I., Myrhorod, V., Budashko, V., Shevchenko, V. (2020). Problems of Improving the Diagnostic Systems of Marine Diesel Generator Sets. 2020 IEEE 15th International Conference on Advanced Trends in Radioelectronics, Telecommunications and Computer Engineering (TCSET). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/tcset49122.2020.235453
- Karatas, B. C., Sarkar, M., Jóhannsson, H., Nielsen, A. H., Sørensen, P. E. (2020). Voltage stability assessment accounting for current-limited converters. Electric Power Systems Research, 189, 106772. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2020.106772
- Pakshina, N. A., Pravdina, M. V., Koposov, A. S., Pakshin, P. V. (2017). Team Public Testing in Classroom Studies on Automatic Control Theory. IFAC-PapersOnLine, 50 (1), 13468–13473. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ifacol.2017.08.2318
- Taheri, S. I., Vieira, G. G. T. T., Salles, M. B. C., Avila, S. L. (2021). A trip-ahead strategy for optimal energy dispatch in ship power systems. Electric Power Systems Research, 192, 106917. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2020.106917
- Pipchenko, A. N., Ponomarenko, V. V., Shevchenko, V. A. (2014). Ekspluatatsiya, obsluzhivanie i remont dvigateley MAN B&W-ME. Odessa: TES, 325.
- Pipchenko, A. N., Ponomarenko, V. V., Shevchenko, V. A., Tabulinskiy, I. N. (2017). Tekhnicheskaya ekspluatatsiya odno- i dvuhtoplivnyh dvigateley Wartsila-Sulzer. Odessa: TES, 338.
- Aydoğan, B. (2020). Experimental investigation of tetrahydrofuran combustion in homogeneous charge compression ignition (HCCI) engine: Effects of excess air coefficient, engine speed and inlet air temperature. Journal of the Energy Institute, 93 (3), 1163–1176. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joei.2019.10.009
- Mi, Y., Xu, Y., Lang, Z., Yang, X., Ge, X., Fu, Y., Jin, C. (2021). The frequency-voltage stability control for isolated wind-diesel hybrid power system. Electric Power Systems Research, 192, 106984. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2020.106984
- Pipchenko, A. D., Shevchenko, V. A. (2018). Vessel heading robust automatic controller for varying conditions. Marine Intellectual Technologies, 4 (4 (42)), 208–214.
- Şahin, F. (2015). Effects of engine parameters on ionization current and modeling of excess air coefficient by artificial neural network. Applied Thermal Engineering, 90, 94–101. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2015.06.100
- Dere, C., Deniz, C. (2019). Load optimization of central cooling system pumps of a container ship for the slow steaming conditions to enhance the energy efficiency. Journal of Cleaner Production, 222, 206–217. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.03.030
- Bo, Z., Mihardjo, L. W., Dahari, M., Abo-Khalil, A. G., Al-Qawasmi, A.-R., Mohamed, A. M., Parikhani, T. (2021). Thermodynamic and exergoeconomic analyses and optimization of an auxiliary tri-generation system for a ship utilizing exhaust gases from its engine. Journal of Cleaner Production, 287, 125012. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.125012
- Wang, R. (2020). Multi-objective configuration optimization method for a diesel-based hybrid energy system. Energy Reports, 6, 2146–2152. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egyr.2020.08.004
- Budashko, V. (2017). Formalization of design for physical model of the azimuth thruster with two degrees of freedom by computational fluid dynamics methods. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (7 (87)), 40–49. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.101298
- Budashko, V., Golikov, V. (2017). Theoretical-applied aspects of the composition of regression models for combined propulsion complexes based on data of experimental research. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4 (3 (88)), 11–20. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.107244
- Kumawat, M., Gupta, N., Jain, N., Bansal, R. C. (2017). Optimally Allocation of Distributed Generators in Three-Phase Unbalanced Distribution Network. Energy Procedia, 142, 749–754. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egypro.2017.12.122
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Виталий Витальевич Будашко, Валерий Анатольевич Шевченко
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.