Improvement of the technology of shortcrust baked semi-finished product on the basis of model functional compositions
Keywords:shortcrust semi-finished product, model functional composition, improved technology, functional and technological properties
The effect of whey protein concentrate obtained by ultrafiltration (WPC-UV), micronized flour from grain ECO products and amaranth seed fiber (ASF) on the processes of structure formation of shortcrust dough was investigated. The quality indicators of finished flour confectionery products from shortcrust pastry based on model functional compositions (MFC) have been determined.
It has been established that the introduction of ASF and WPCUV into the model functional compositions leads to an increase in the elasticity of the prototypes and to an increase in the resistance of the dough to mechanical stress. The closest in viscous-plastic characteristics to the control is a sample with a ratio of 96.2:2.0:1.8 of oat flour ECO:ASF:WPC-UV. For shortcrust pastry, the ratio 77.00:1.8:2.2 with wheat germ ECO:ASF:WPC-UV is optimal.
When using the composition in a ratio of 77.00:1.8:2.2 with wheat germ ECO:ASF:WPC-UV, the adhesive stress of the dough masses decreased 2.2 times compared to the control. For the sample using ECO wheat germ, the adhesive stress of the dough masses decreased by 1.7 times compared to the control. The relationship of improved shortcrust pastry with oat flour ECO:ASF:WPC-UV in the ratio 96.2:2.2:1.6 with the surface (steel) is the smallest.
The friability of a shortcrust semi-finished product with the introduction of MFC decreased by 3...5 %. On the contrary, the index of wetness increased with an increase in WPC-UV and ASF, which is explained by the significant content of protein substances and dietary fibers, which have a higher water-clay capacity.
The study of the MFC influence on the processes of structure formation of shortcrust pastry makes it possible to significantly improve the functional and technological properties, nutritional and biological value of confectionery products.
- Galushko, O. S. (2018). Development trends for confectionary market and peculiarities of transformations within values system of its participants. Aktualni problemy ekonomiky, 8 (98), 17–25.
- Kaprelyants, L., Yegorova, A., Trufkati, L., Pozhitkova, L. (2019). Functional foods: prospects in Ukraine. Food Science and Technology, 13 (2). doi: https://doi.org/10.15673/fst.v13i2.1382
- Obolkina, V. I., Zalevska, N. O. (2008). Zastosuvannia stabilizatsiynykh kompleksnykh sumishei emulhatoriv pry stvorenni tekhnolohiyi zdobnoho pechyva. Naukovi pratsi NUKhT, 25. Available at: http://dspace.nuft.edu.ua/bitstream/123456789/1266/3/ovizsksepstzp.pdf
- Antonenko, A., Mikhailik, V. (2016). Manufacturing process and the quality of cookies with the whole grains of the oil-bearing plants. Food Science and Technology, 10 (1), 72–77. doi: https://doi.org/10.21691/fst.v10i1.83
- Prokopov, T., Chonova, V., Slavov, A., Dessev, T., Dimitrov, N., Petkova, N. (2018). Effects on the quality and health-enhancing properties of industrial onion waste powder on bread. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 55 (12), 5091–5097. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-018-3448-8
- Khvostenko, K., Goranova, Z., Petrova, T. (2020). Quality parameters of semi-finished sponge cake enriched with pumpkin by-products. Food Science and Technology, 14 (3). doi: https://doi.org/10.15673/fst.v14i3.1792
- Drakos, A., Andrioti-Petropoulou, L., Evageliou, V., Mandala, I. (2018). Physical and textural properties of biscuits containing jet milled rye and barley flour. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 56 (1), 367–375. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-018-3497-z
- Ajibade, B. O., Ijabadeniyi, O. A. (2018). Effects of pectin and emulsifiers on the physical and nutritional qualities and consumer acceptability of wheat composite dough and bread. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 56 (1), 83–92. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-018-3457-7
- Luithui, Y., Baghya Nisha, R., Meera, M. S. (2018). Cereal by-products as an important functional ingredient: effect of processing. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 56 (1), 1–11. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-018-3461-y
- Conti, J. P., Vinderola, G., Esteban, E. N. (2019). Characterization of a soy protein hydrolyzate for the development of a functional ingredient. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 56 (2), 896–904. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-018-3551-x
- Hnitsevych, V. A., Nykyforov, R. P., Fedotova, N. A., Kravchenko, N. V. (2014). Tekhnolohiya kharchovykh produktiv iz zadanymy vlastyvostiamy na osnovi vtorynnoi molochnoi ta roslynnoi syrovyny. Donetsk: DonNUET, 336.
- Ashwath Kumar, K., Sharma, G. K., Anilakumar, K. R. (2018). Influence of multigrain premix on nutritional, in-vitro and in-vivo protein digestibility of multigrain biscuit. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 56 (2), 746–753. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-018-3533-z
- Pop, T. M. (2016). Technology biscuits with developed walnut leaves powder and flour «Zdorovja». Food Science and Technology, 10 (2). doi: https://doi.org/10.15673/fst.v10i2.157
- Matsushita, K., Terayama, A., Goshima, D., Santiago, D. M., Myoda, T., Yamauchi, H. (2019). Optimization of enzymes addition to improve whole wheat bread making quality by response surface methodology and optimization technique. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 56 (3), 1454–1461. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-019-03629-5
- Aboshora, W., Yu, J., Omar, K. A., Li, Y., Hassanin, H. A. M., Navicha, W. B., Zhang, L. (2019). Preparation of Doum fruit (Hyphaene thebaica) dietary fiber supplemented biscuits: influence on dough characteristics, biscuits quality, nutritional profile and antioxidant properties. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 56 (3), 1328–1336. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-019-03605-z
- Mykolenko, S., Zhygunov, D., Rudenko, T. (2020). Baking properties of different amaranth flours as wheat bread ingredients. Food Science and Technology, 14 (4). doi: https://doi.org/10.15673/fst.v14i4.1896
- Mazaraki, A. A., Peresichnyi, M. I., Svidlo, K. V. et. al.; Peresichnyi, M. I. (Ed.) (2012). Tekhnolohiya kharchovykh produktiv funktsionalnoho pryznachennia. Kyiv: Kyiv. nats. torh.-ekon. un-t, 1116.
- Pavlov, O. V. (2019). Zbirnyk retseptur boroshnianykh kondyterskykh i zdobnykh bulochnykh vyrobiv. Kyiv: Profknyha, 340.
- Agrahar-Murugkar, D., Zaidi, A., Dwivedi, S. (2018). Development of gluten free eggless cake using gluten free composite flours made from sprouted and malted ingredients and its physical, nutritional, textural, rheological and sensory properties evaluation. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 55 (7), 2621–2630. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-018-3183-1
- Palacio, M. I., Etcheverría, A. I., Manrique, G. D. (2018). Development of gluten-free muffins utilizing squash seed dietary fiber. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 55 (8), 2955–2962. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-018-3213-z
- Ivanova, P., Kalaydzhiev, H., Dessev, T. T., Silva, C. L. M., Rustad, T., Chalova, V. I. (2018). Foaming properties of acid-soluble protein-rich ingredient obtained from industrial rapeseed meal. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 55 (9), 3792–3798. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-018-3311-y
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Karуna Svidlo, Anna Sobko, Lyudmyla Karpenko, Tatiana Gavrish
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.