Design of an apparatus for low-temperature processing of meat delicacies
Keywords:meat delicacies, low-temperature processing apparatus, temperature field, secondary energy, Peltier elements
Culinary meat products, in particular, delicacies, account for a significant share of the diet in many countries of the world, predetermining the need to introduce innovative solutions for the production of products of a wide range of use with original taste properties.
A structure of the device for low-temperature processing of meat delicacies involving the heating of the working surface with a flexible film resistive electric heater of radiative type has been developed. Temperature control is carried out with a needle thermocouple. That makes it possible to cool the delicacy to 25...30 °C by autonomous fans during the conversion of secondary thermal energy by Peltier elements. It was established that the low voltage at the temperature of 70...80 °C is 4...6 W, and, at 25...30 °C, it is, respectively, 1.5...3 W. A comparative analysis has been performed of the heat treatment of meat delicacy in the traditional way and in the developed apparatus upon reaching 71...75 °C inside the product.
The temperature for a traditional machine, after 5 minutes of processing, is 15...17 °C at the contact surface and 8 °C at the center. For the model structure, the temperature of the contact surface is 7...8 °C, and 4...5 °C in the center. After 25 minutes of processing in the traditional way, the temperature in the center was 17...18 °C, in the near-wall layers ‒ 60 °C. In the model structure, 8...9 °C, at a temperature of the near-wall layers of 25 °C. The temperature difference from the center to the near-wall layer, depending on the processing time in the traditional way, ranges from 10 to 50 °C, and, in the model apparatus, from 4 to 24 °C. The model device provides a uniform heat supply under conditions of achievement of 71…75 °C in the center of a product with a reduction of specific cost by 2.6 times in comparison with a traditional technique. The ham prepared in the developed apparatus is characterized by uniform coloration, juiciness, and natural original taste
- Ham production. Five main stages. Available at: https://foodbay.com/wiki/masnaja-industrija/2016/06/10/proizvodstvo-vetchiny-pyat-osnovnyh-etapov/
- Govindasamy, K., Banerjee, B. B., Milton, A. A. P., Katiyar, R., Meitei, S. (2018). Meat-based ethnic delicacies of Meghalaya state in Eastern Himalaya: preparation methods and significance. Journal of Ethnic Foods, 5 (4), 267–271. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352618118300817
- Sgroi, F. (2021). Food traditions and consumer preferences for cured meats: Role of information in geographical indications. International Journal of Gastronomy and Food Science, 25, 100386. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijgfs.2021.100386
- Pankova, N. V. (Ed.) (2012). Innovatsionnye tekhnologii v oblasti pischevyh produktov i produktsii obschestvennogo pitaniya funktsional'nogo i spetsializirovannogo naznacheniya. Sankt-Peterburg: Izd-vo «LEMA», 314. Available at: https://www.twirpx.com/file/1266062/
- Dominguez-Hernandez, E., Salaseviciene, A., Ertbjerg, P. (2018). Low-temperature long-time cooking of meat: Eating quality and underlying mechanisms. Meat Science, 143, 104–113. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2018.04.032
- Vujadinović, D., Marjanović-Balaban, Ž. (2012). Influence of Temperature and Heat Treatment Regime on Chemical Properties of Pork Meat. Quality of Life (Banja Luka) - APEIRON, 6 (3-4), 49–54. doi: https://doi.org/10.7251/qol1203049v
- Halagarda, M., Wójciak, K. M. (2021). Health and safety aspects of traditional European meat products. A review. Meat Science, 108623. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2021.108623
- Park, C. H., Lee, B., Oh, E., Kim, Y. S., Choi, Y. M. (2020). Combined effects of sous-vide cooking conditions on meat and sensory quality characteristics of chicken breast meat. Poultry Science, 99 (6), 3286–3291. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psj.2020.03.004
- Zahorulko, A., Zagorulko, A., Yancheva, M., Serik, M., Sabadash, S., Savchenko-Pererva, M. (2019). Development of the plant for low-temperature treatment of meat products using ir-radiation. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (11 (97)), 17–22. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2019.154950
- Ruiz-Carrascal, J., Roldan, M., Refolio, F., Perez-Palacios, T., Antequera, T. (2019). Sous-vide cooking of meat: A Maillarized approach. International Journal of Gastronomy and Food Science, 16, 100138. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijgfs.2019.100138
- Da Silva, F. L. F., de Lima, J. P. S., Melo, L. S., da Silva, Y. S. M., Gouveia, S. T., Lopes, G. S., Matos, W. O. (2017). Comparison between boiling and vacuum cooking ( sous-vide ) in the bioaccessibility of minerals in bovine liver samples. Food Research International, 100, 566–571. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2017.07.054
- Verboloz, E. I., Romanchikov, S. A. (2017). Features of the low-temperature heat treatment of meat products in a combi steamer with the imposition of ultrasonic vibrations. Proceedings of the Voronezh State University of Engineering Technologies, 79 (3), 35–41. doi: https://doi.org/10.20914/2310-1202-2017-3-35-41
- Kanokruangrong, S., Birch, J., El-Din Ahmed Bekhit, A. (2019). Processing Effects on Meat Flavor. Encyclopedia of Food Chemistry, 302–308. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-08-100596-5.21861-1
- Zahorulko, A., Zagorulko, A., Yancheva, M., Dromenko, O., Sashnova, M., Petrova, K. et. al. (2020). Improvement of the continuous “pipe in pipe” pasteurization unit. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4 (11 (106)), 70–75. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2020.208990
- Zahorulko, A. M., Zahorulko, O. Ye. (2016). Pat. No. 108041 UA. Hnuchkyi plivkovyi rezystyvnyi elektronahrivach vyprominiuiuchoho typu. No. u201600827; declareted: 02.02.2016; published: 24.06.2016, Bul. No. 12. Available at: http://uapatents.com/5-108041-gnuchkijj-plivkovijj-rezistivnijj-elektronagrivach-viprominyuyuchogo-tipu.html
- Sovremennaya tekhnologiya ohlazhdeniya elementom Pel't'e. Available at: https://algimed.com/pdf/binder/kb400/2013_02_wp_Peltier_RU.pdf
- Liao, M., He, Z., Jiang, C., Fan, X., Li, Y., Qi, F. (2018). A three-dimensional model for thermoelectric generator and the influence of Peltier effect on the performance and heat transfer. Applied Thermal Engineering, 133, 493–500. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2018.01.080
- Geometriya krasoty. Pressovannye vetchiny. Available at: http://www.meatbranch.com/publ/view/99.html
- Kiptelaya, L., Zagorulko, A., Zagorulko, A. (2015). Improvement of equipment for manufacture of vegetable convenience foods. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (10 (74), 4–8. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2015.39455
- Huang, L., Bai, L., Zhang, X., Gong, S. (2019). Re-understanding the antecedents of functional foods purchase: Mediating effect of purchase attitude and moderating effect of food neophobia. Food Quality and Preference, 73, 266–275. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodqual.2018.11.001
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Andrii Zahorulko, Oleksander Cherevko, Aleksey Zagorulko, Marіna Yancheva, Nina Budnyk, Yuliya Nakonechna, Natalia Oliynyk, Nadia Novgorodska
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.