Monitoring and management ion concentrations in the air of industrial and public premises
Keywords:microclimate, air ionization, electrostatic charge, ultrasonic humidifier, triboelectric effect, air purification
This paper reports a substantiated method and a designed device for controlling the concentrations of air ions in premises in accordance with the European standards SBM 2015. The use of an ultrasonic humidifier with a capacity of 25 W for two hours increases the concentration of negative ions around the device from 240 to 560 cm-3, positive ones ‒ from 260 to 410 cm-3. The intensity of the electrostatic field of a polymeric coating decreases from 5.1 to 0.2 kV/m. The disadvantage of the humidifier is a small radius of influence (1.0–1.5 m) and the inability to control the polarity of ions. It has been experimentally established that air cooling systems (split systems) deionize the air of the premises. Degrees of deionization and dominating polarity are unpredictable and different for devices of different manufacturers and brands. To control the ion composition of the air simultaneously with the maintenance of normative relative humidity and stresses of static fields, the structure was proposed and the effectiveness of a bipolar ultrasonic air ionizer with adjusted performance and dominating polarity has been tested. The maximum productivity of the ionizer is 4,000–5,000 cm-3. The radius of exposure is 5 m (reducing the concentration of ions with a distance to 500 cm-3). To pass the ionized air through an air capacitor, the number and predominant polarity of air ions are regulated by the polarity and voltage on the covers of the capacitor. It was established that in order to service a room with an area of 50 m2, an ultrasonic emitter with a capacity of 25 W would suffice. The adjustability of the device performance makes it possible to reduce or increase the service area. The ability to purify air from suspended particles is shown. During the two hours of operation of the ionizer, the dust content decreased from 4.3–4.4 mg/m3 to 1.4–1.6 mg/m3.
- Standard of Building Biology Testing Methods SBM. Germany: Institut für Baubiologie + Nachhaltigkeit IBN. URL: https://buildingbiology.com/building-biology-standard/
- Glyva, V., Nikolaiev, K., Tykhenko, O., Tymoshenko, O. (2019). The study of physical factors levels in the control tower service premises of civil aviation airport. Control, Navigation and Communication Systems, 1 (53), 32–35. doi: https://doi.org/10.26906/sunz.2019.1.032
- Nazarenko, V. I., Cherednichenko, I. M., Nykyforuk, O. I., Martirosova, V. G., Tikhonova, N. S., Beseda, A. Yu., Paliychuk, S. P. (2017). Physiolo-hygienic evaluation of work conditions in bank workers. Ukrainian Journal of Occupational Health, 4, 35–41. doi: https://doi.org/10.33573/ujoh2017.04.035
- Jiang, S.-Y., Ma, A., Ramachandran, S. (2018). Negative Air Ions and Their Effects on Human Health and Air Quality Improvement. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 19 (10), 2966. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms19102966
- Suwardi, A., Ooi, C. C., Daniel, D., Tan, C. K. I., Li, H., Liang, O. Y. Z. et. al. (2021). The Efficacy of Plant-Based Ionizers in Removing Aerosol for COVID-19 Mitigation. Research, 2021, 1–11. doi: https://doi.org/10.34133/2021/2173642
- Sidorov, A. V. (2014). The technique of small air ions concentration measurement at the PC operator working place. Engineering industry and life safety, 1, 36–41. URL: http://www.mbzd.ru/1_2014-36eng/
- Fletcher, L. A., Noakes, C. J., Sleigh, P. A., Beggs, C. B., Shepherd, S. J. (2008). Air Ion Behavior in Ventilated Rooms. Indoor and Built Environment, 17 (2), 173–182. doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/1420326x08089622
- Belyaev, N. N., Tsygankova, S. G. (2015). Otsenka aeroionnogo rezhima v rabochey zone pri isskustvennoy ionizatsii vozduha v pomeschenii. Naukovyi visnyk budivnytstva, 3 (81), 158–161.
- Tolkunov, I. O., Popov, I. I. (2011). Vplyv pryrodnykh dzherel aeroionizatsiyi na protses formuvannia poliv kontsentratsiyi aeroioniv u povitrianomu seredovyshchi prymishchen. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Kharkivskoho universytetu Povitrianykh Syl, 1 (27), 243–246.
- Sukach, S., Kozlovs’ka, T., Serhiienko, I., Khodakovskyy, O., Liashok, I., Kipko, O. (2018). Studying and substantiation of the method for normalization of airionic regime at industrial premises at the ultrasonic ionization of air. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4 (10 (94)), 36–45. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.141060
- Sukach, S. V., Sydorov, O. V. (2016). Metodolohichni zasady pidvyshchennia yakosti kontroliu aeroionnoho skladu povitria vyrobnychoho seredovyshcha. Problemy okhorony pratsi v Ukraini, 32, 127–133.
- Glyva, V., Lyashok, J., Matvieieva, I., Frolov, V., Levchenko, L., Tykhenko, O. et. al. (2018). Development and investigation of protective properties of the electromagnetic and soundproofing screen. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (5 (96)), 54–61. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.150778
- Zaporozhets, O., Levchenko, L., Synylo, K. (2019). Risk and exposure control of aviation impact on environment. Advanced Information Systems, 3 (3), 17–24. doi: https://doi.org/10.20998/2522-9052.2019.3.02
- Khodakovskyi, O., Levchenko, L., Kolumbet, V., Kozachuk, A., Kuzhavskyi, D. (2021). Calculation apparatus for modeling the distribution of electromagnetic fields of different sources. Advanced Information Systems, 5 (1), 34–38. doi: https://doi.org/10.20998/2522-9052.2021.1.04
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Borys Bolibrukh, Valentyn Glyva, Natalia Kasatkina, Larysa Levchenko, Oksana Tykhenko, Olena Panova, Oleg Bogatov, Tetiana Petrunok, Iryna Aznaurian, Sergey Zozulya
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.