Improving tools for diagnosing technical condition of ship electric power installations
Keywords:electric power installations, relative humidity, optical fiber, refractive index, layered structure
Existing information-measuring systems (IMS) do not fully correspond to the tasks of monitoring electric power installations (EPI) in terms of their characteristics. The capabilities of IMS have certain limitations regarding the probability of measurement results and the degree of invariance to the influence of operational factors. This proves that for modern failure-free EPI technical operation, new diagnostic tools are in demand. Such means should be seamlessly integrated in IMS to enable high operational efficiency and performance reliability. Therefore, it is of particular relevance to tackle the scientific and technical issue of rational combination of protection and preservation of the characteristics of fiber-optic sensors of relative humidity control systems in ship EPI. To solve the problem, the chosen object of this study is the processes of formation and transformation of the diagnostic signal in the means of humidity control. It has been established that the improvement of the characteristics of the control means can be achieved through the synthesis of known optical circuits and the latest materials. To register the parameters of relative humidity, a new circuitry solution was proposed for the sensor based on fiber-optic and elements made of nanomaterials. The main feature of the proposed monitoring tool is invariance to operational destabilizing factors. The scope of application of the obtained research results involves distributed fiber-optic systems for monitoring the technical condition of ship electric power systems. The introduction of a new means for measuring humidity will make it possible to achieve an increase in the efficiency of use and reliability of EPI by reducing the accident rate by 6...11 %, as well as a decrease in operating costs by USD 8...10 per 1 kWh of generated power per year of operation with an average load
- Udd, E., Spillman, W. B. (Eds.) (2011). Fiber Optic Sensors: An Introduction for Engineers and Scientists. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/9781118014103
- Budashko, V., Sandler, A., Shevchenko, V. (2022). Diagnosis of the Technical Condition of High-tech Complexes by Probabilistic Methods. TransNav, the International Journal on Marine Navigation and Safety of Sea Transportation, 16 (1), 105–111. doi: https://doi.org/10.12716/1001.16.01.11
- Myrhorod, V., Hvozdeva, I., Budashko, V. (2020). Multi-parameter Diagnostic Model of the Technical Conditions Changes of Ship Diesel Generator Sets. 2020 IEEE Problems of Automated Electrodrive. Theory and Practice (PAEP). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/paep49887.2020.9240905
- Sziroczak, D., Rohacs, D., Rohacs, J. (2022). Review of using small UAV based meteorological measurements for road weather management. Progress in Aerospace Sciences, 134, 100859. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paerosci.2022.100859
- Budashko, V., Golikov, V. (2017). Theoretical-applied aspects of the composition of regression models for combined propulsion complexes based on data of experimental research. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4 (3 (88)), 11–20. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.107244
- Guachamin-Acero, W., Portilla, J. (2022). Prediction of dynamic responses for execution of marine operations using partitioning of multimodal directional wave spectra and machine learning regression models. Ocean Engineering, 262, 112157. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2022.112157
- Butov, O. V., Bazakutsa, A. P., Chamorovskiy, Y. K., Fedorov, A. N., Shevtsov, I. A. (2019). All-Fiber Highly Sensitive Bragg Grating Bend Sensor. Sensors, 19 (19), 4228. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/s19194228
- Kolpakov, S., Gordon, N., Mou, C., Zhou, K. (2014). Toward a New Generation of Photonic Humidity Sensors. Sensors, 14 (3), 3986–4013. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/s140303986
- Hvozdeva, I., Myrhorod, V., Budashko, V., Shevchenko, V. (2020). Problems of Improving the Diagnostic Systems of Marine Diesel Generator Sets. 2020 IEEE 15th International Conference on Advanced Trends in Radioelectronics, Telecommunications and Computer Engineering (TCSET). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/tcset49122.2020.235453
- Cavalcanti, E. J. C. (2021). Energy, exergy and exergoenvironmental analyses on gas-diesel fuel marine engine used for trigeneration system. Applied Thermal Engineering, 184, 116211. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2020.116211
- Velasco-Gallego, C., Lazakis, I. (2022). RADIS: A real-time anomaly detection intelligent system for fault diagnosis of marine machinery. Expert Systems with Applications, 204, 117634. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2022.117634
- Katok, V. B., Rudenko, I. E., Odnoroh, P. M. (2016). Volokonno-optychni systemy zviazku. Kyiv: Velar, 445. Available at: https://docplayer.net/65638724-V-b-katok-i-e-rudenko-p-m-odnorog.html
- Zhao, J., Xia, L., Chamorovskii, Yu. K., Popov, S. M., Butov, O. V., Wen, Y. (2022). A temperature compensation method of FBG based on OFDR fiber sensing system. Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics, Technical Digest Series (Optica Publishing Group, 2022), JW3B.55. doi: https://doi.org/10.1364/CLEO_AT.2022.JW3B.55
- Wang, L., Fang, N., Huang, Z. (2012). Polyimide-Coated Fiber Bragg Grating Sensors for Humidity Measurements. High Performance Polymers - Polyimides Based - From Chemistry to Applications. doi: https://doi.org/10.5772/53551
- Berruti, G., Consales, M., Giordano, M., Sansone, L., Petagna, P., Buontempo, S., Breglio, G., Cusano, A. (2013). Radiation hard humidity sensors for high energy physics applications using polyimide-coated fiber Bragg gratings sensors. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 177, 94–102. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2012.10.047
- Massaroni, C., Caponero, M., D’Amato, R., Lo Presti, D., Schena, E. (2017). Fiber Bragg Grating Measuring System for Simultaneous Monitoring of Temperature and Humidity in Mechanical Ventilation. Sensors, 17 (4), 749. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/s17040749
- Sandler, A. K., Danchuk, D. P. (2021). Means of increasing the efficiency of cargo condition monitoring on gas carriers based on fiber-optic technologies. Automation of Technological and Business Processes, 13 (4), 18–26. doi: https://doi.org/10.15673/atbp.v13i4.2202
- Wang, Q., Wang, C., Zhang, M., Jian, M., Zhang, Y. (2016). Feeding Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes or Graphene to Silkworms for Reinforced Silk Fibers. Nano Letters, 16 (10), 6695–6700. doi: https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.nanolett.6b03597
- Yeo, T. L., Tong Sun, Grattan, K. T. V., Parry, D., Lade, R., Powell, B. D. (2005). Polymer-coated fiber Bragg grating for relative humidity sensing. IEEE Sensors Journal, 5 (5), 1082–1089. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/jsen.2005.847935
- Budashko, V., Shevchenko, V. (2021). The synthesis of control system to synchronize ship generator assemblies. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (2 (109)), 45–63. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.225517
- Zhu, X., Wang, K., Yang, J., Huang, L., Shen, B., Sun, M. (2022). Research on the control strategy of grid connection between shore power supply and ship power grid. Energy Reports, 8, 638–647. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egyr.2022.08.164
- Kistner, L., Bensmann, A., Hanke-Rauschenbach, R. (2022). Optimal Design of a Distributed Ship Power System with Solid Oxide Fuel Cells under the Consideration of Component Malfunctions. Applied Energy, 316, 119052. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2022.119052
- Sandler, А. (2019). Sensitive element of fiber optical accelerometer based on sapphire glass. Materials of the 9th international scientific and practical conference: ships’ electrical engineering, electronics and automation. Odessa, 27–33. Available at: http://femire.onma.edu.ua/docs/conf/SEEEA-2019.05.11.19.pdf
- Okda, H. A., Kandas, I., Aly, M. H., El Osairy, M. (2018). Solution of dispersion relations of multilayer optical fibers: a comprehensive study. Applied Optics, 57 (14), 3788. doi: https://doi.org/10.1364/ao.57.003788
- Dai, L., Sun, J. (2016). Mechanical Properties of Carbon Nanotubes-Polymer Composites. Carbon Nanotubes - Current Progress of Their Polymer Composites. doi: https://doi.org/10.5772/62635
- Kramarev, D. V., Osipchik, V. S., Chalaya, N. M., Berezina, A. B., Kolesnikov, A. V. (2018). A Study of the Laws Governing the Modification of Polyimide Materials used in Multilayer Structures of Space Vehicles. International Polymer Science and Technology, 45 (5), 221–225. doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/0307174x1804500508
- Snyder, A. W., Love, J. (1983). Optical Waveguide Theory. Springer, 738. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4613-2813-1
- Sadd, M. H. (2014). Elasticity: Theory, Applications, and Numerics. Academic Press. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/C2012-0-06981-5
- Gerasimenko, A. Yu., Kuksin, A. V., Shaman, Y. P., Kitsyuk, E. P., Fedorova, Y. O., Murashko, D. T. et al. (2022). Hybrid Carbon Nanotubes–Graphene Nanostructures: Modeling, Formation, Characterization. Nanomaterials, 12 (16), 2812. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/nano12162812
- Budashko, V., Shevchenko, V. (2021). Solving a task of coordinated control over a ship automated electric power system under a changing load. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (2 (110)), 54–70. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.229033
- Tretyakov, E., Istomin, S., Avdienko, E., Denisov, I. (2022). Development of the system of coordinated control of traction power supply equipment and electric rolling stock. Transportation Research Procedia, 63, 1970–1978. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trpro.2022.06.218
- Barreiro, J., Zaragoza, S., Diaz-Casas, V. (2022). Review of ship energy efficiency. Ocean Engineering, 257, 111594. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2022.111594
- Budashko, V. (2020). Thrusters Physical Model Formalization with regard to Situational and Identification Factors of Motion Modes. 2020 International Conference on Electrical, Communication, and Computer Engineering (ICECCE). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/icecce49384.2020.9179301
- Ning, Z., Liu, C., Zhu, X., Wang, Y., An, B., Yu, D. (2021). Diagnostic and modelling investigation on the ion acceleration and plasma throttling effects in a dual-emitter hollow cathode micro-thruster. Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, 34 (12), 85–98. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cja.2021.02.007
- Thyri, E. H., Bitar, G., Breivik, M. (2021). A 3DOF Path-Following Controller for a Non-Directionally Stable Vessel with Slow Thruster Dynamics. IFAC-PapersOnLine, 54 (16), 288–294. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ifacol.2021.10.106
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Albert Sandler, Vitalii Budashko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.