Development of control algorithms for magnetoelectric generator with axial magnetic flux and double stator based on mathematical modeling
Keywords:magnetoelectric generators with axial magnetic flux, double stator, mathematical modeling
The object of this research is electromechanical processes in a generator with an axial magnetic flux and a double stator and an additional non-contact excitation winding operating as part of autonomous electric power systems. The power of the additional excitation system is about 2 % of the generator power.
The presence of an additional non-contact winding, which is powered by direct current, makes it possible to control the generator voltage by changing the excitation current. This resolves the task to stabilize the output voltage of the generator with permanent magnets when the load and shaft speed change.
This paper reports the construction of a three-dimensional field axisymmetric mathematical model of the generator under study, which has made it possible to calculate and investigate its characteristics and parameters, in particular the magnitude of magnetic induction in all structural elements. The model built takes into account the influence of finite effects, magnetic scattering fields, and the radial-axial nature of the closure of the main magnetic flux and the magnetic flux of the additional excitation winding. The use of a structure with a double stator makes it possible to more efficiently utilize the usable volume of the generator and to increase its power.
A mathematical model of the generator in the d-q coordinate system was built, which has made it possible to synthesize algorithms for controlling the automatic voltage stabilization system of the generator voltage under conditions of change in load and shaft speed. Control algorithms were developed on the basis of the concept of inverse dynamics problems in combination with minimizing local functionalities of instantaneous energy values, which ensures that the system is robust when changing generator parameters and that regulators are implemented in a simple way, due to the lack of differentiation operations.
Based on the models built and algorithms developed, the quality of control of the generator's output voltage when the load and frequency of the generator change was investigated by modeling in the MATLAB/Simulink environment. When setting a jump in the rated load and changing the rotational speed within ±15 % of the rated value, the automatic stabilization system provides astatic voltage control at a given level of 48 V.
The results can be practically used in the design of autonomous electric power systems with high energy conversion efficiency, in particular wind turbines and hydraulic units
- Zakir, M. R., Ikram, J., Shah, S. I., Bukhari, S. S. H., Ali, S., Marignetti, F. (2022). Performance Improvement of Axial Flux Permanent Magnet Machine with Phase Group Concentrated Coil Winding. Energies, 15 (19), 7337. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/en15197337
- Radwan-Pragłowska, N., Węgiel, T., Borkowski, D. (2020). Modeling of Axial Flux Permanent Magnet Generators. Energies, 13 (21), 5741. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/en13215741
- Gołębiowski, L., Gołębiowski, M., Mazur, D., Smoleń, A. (2019). Analysis of axial flux permanent magnet generator. COMPEL - The International Journal for Computation and Mathematics in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, 38 (4), 1177–1189. doi: https://doi.org/10.1108/compel-10-2018-0415
- Zhao, J., Shi, G., Du, L. (2015). Miniaturized Air-Driven Planar Magnetic Generators. Energies, 8 (10), 11755–11769. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/en81011755
- Ma, J., Shi, L., Golmohammadi, A.-M. (2022). Voltage-Stabilizing Method of Permanent Magnet Generator for Agricultural Transport Vehicles. Processes, 10 (9), 1726. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/pr10091726
- Espitia, H., Machón, I., López, H. (2021). Optimization of a Fuzzy Automatic Voltage Controller Using Real-Time Recurrent Learning. Processes, 9 (6), 947. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/pr9060947
- Cao, Y., Zhu, S., Yu, J., Liu, C. (2022). Optimization Design and Performance Evaluation of a Hybrid Excitation Claw Pole Machine. Processes, 10 (3), 541. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/pr10030541
- Wei, H., Yu, J., Zhang, Y., Ai, Q. (2020). High-speed control strategy for permanent magnet synchronous machines in electric vehicles drives: Analysis of dynamic torque response and instantaneous current compensation. Energy Reports, 6, 2324–2335. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egyr.2020.08.016
- Zhu, J., Chu, X. (2020). Research on Control Methods of Six-phase Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 790 (1), 012173. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899x/790/1/012173
- Kamel, T., Abdelkader, D., Said, B., Iqbal, A. (2020). Sliding mode control of grid‐connected wind energy system driven by 2 five‐phase permanent magnet synchronous generators controlled by a new fifteen‐switch converter. International Transactions on Electrical Energy Systems, 30 (9). doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/2050-7038.12480
- Chumack, V., Bazenov, V., Tymoshchuk, O., Kovalenko, M., Tsyvinskyi, S., Kovalenko, I., Tkachuk, I. (2021). Voltage stabilization of a controlled autonomous magnetoelectric generator with a magnetic shunt and permanent magnet excitation. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (5 (114)), 56–62. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.246601
- Chumack, V., Tsyvinskyi, S., Kovalenko, M., Ponomarev, A., Tkachuk, I. (2020). Mathemathical modeling of a synchronous generator with combined excitation. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (5 (103)), 30–36. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2020.193495
- Ostroverkhov, M., Chumack, V., Kovalenko, M., Kovalenko, I. (2022). Development of the control system for taking off the maximum power of an autonomous wind plant with a synchronous magnetoelectric generator. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4 (2 (118)), 67–78. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2022.263432
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Mykola Ostroverkhov, Vadim Chumack, Maksym Falchenko, Mykhailo Kovalenko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.