Determining quality indicators of table grape varieties during storage in a refrigerating chamber in different variants
Keywords:Table Ganja, Marandi Shamakhi, Black Asma, ascorbate oxidase, o-diphenol oxidase, peroxidase, catalase
This study considers determining the quality indicators of table grape varieties when stored in a refrigerating chamber for different variants. The objects were white table grape variety, widely used in Azerbaijan, Ganja table grape variety, pink grape variety – Marandi Shamakhi, as well as the red grape variety Black Asma. Grape varieties stored in the refrigerator were studied according to five options.
Table grape varieties were stored in a refrigerating chamber under conditions of an adjustable gas environment (3–4 % CO2, 2–3 % О2) at a temperature of –1 and –2 °C, with air humidity of 90–95 %. It was found that at a temperature inside the pulp of 0+1 °C, the activity of enzymes decreased significantly compared to other options. In addition to the enzyme ascorbate oxidase, the activity of the studied enzymes o-diphenol oxidase, peroxidase, and catalase was 100 % suppressed in the Marandi Shamakhi grape variety. The inactivation of enzyme activity prevented the consumption during respiration of the nutrients that make up the grapes. As a result of slowing down metabolic processes, the appearance, naturalness, and nutritional value of the Marandi Shamakhi grape variety are significantly superior to other varieties.
When storing grape varieties according to option 5, the smallest total losses were observed in the Marandi Shamakhi grape variety. Very few microbiological losses were detected during the storage of the Marandi Shamakhi grape variety compared to other variants and varieties. It was stored in a refrigerating chamber in a controlled gas environment (3...4 % CO2, 2–3 % О2, at the temperature of the chamber of –2…–3 °C). A tasting was also carried out to determine the quality indicators when storing grape varieties in different versions; for version 5, the assessment was high
- Panakhov, T. M., Salimov, V. S., Zari, A. M. (2010). Vinogradarstvo v Azerbaydzhane. Baku: Muallim, 224.
- Kazımova, İ. H. (2014). Müxtəlif üzüm sortlarından istifadə etməklə konyak şərab materialı istehsalı texnologiyasının işlənməsi. Gəncə, 22.
- Nəbiyev, Ə. Ə., Moslemzadeh, E. Ə. (2008). Qida məhsullarının biokimyası. Bakı: “Elm”, 444.
- Vlassi, E., Vlachos, P., Kornaros, M. (2018). Effect of ozonation on table grapes preservation in cold storage. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 55 (6), 2031–2038. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-018-3117-y
- Mustafayeva, K. A. (2018). The study of organoleptic indicators of bread products enriched with chickpea and lentil flours. SYLWAN journal, 164 (1), 51–60.
- Orucov, V. M. (2014). Üzüm sortlarının yetişməsi və saxlanması zamanı fenol birləşmələrinin tədqiqi. Bakı, 22.
- Kazımova, İ. G. (2013). Okislitel'nye fermenty vinograda, vliyayuschie na kachestvo kon'yachnykh vinomaterialov. Vinodelie i vinoqradarstvo, 4, 41–43.
- Kazimova, İ. A., Akhundov, P. F., Nabiyev, A. A. et al. (2020). The yields of opaque juice and pomace of pumpkin, quince, persimmon fruits and dogrose berries processed using various methods. Mittilungen Klosterneburg, 1 (70), 10–19.
- Salımov, V., Huseynov, M., Huseynova, A., Shukurova, V., Musayeva, E., Najafova, A. et al. (2022). Examination of Variability in Morphological and Biological Characteristics of Some Grape Varieties of Azerbaijan. Viticulture Studies, 2, 081–093. Available at: https://www.viticulturestudies.org/abstract.php?id=13
- Kiseleva, G. K., Il'ina, I. A., Petrov, V. S., Zaporozhets, N. M., Sokolova, V. V., Vyalkov, V. V. (2022). Ispol'zovanie fermenta peroksidazy dlya diagnostiki ustoychivosti sortov vinograda (Vitis vinifera L.) k nizkim temperaturam. Sadovodstvo i vinogradarstvo, 4.
- Crisosto, C. H., Garner, D., Crisosto, G. (2013). Developing optimal controlled atmosphere conditions for 'Thompson seedless' table grapes. Acta Horticulturae. 600, 817–821. doi: https://doi.org/10.17660/actahortic.2003.600.128
- Henze, J., Eris, A., Özer, M. H. (1997). Controlled Atmosphere (CA) Storage of Some Fruits and Vegetables. Conference: 5th Symposium über wissenschaftliche Ergebnisse Deutsch-Türkischer Universitätspartnerschaften im Agrarbereich. Antalya.
- Akparova, F. A., Mustafayeva, K. A., Aliyev, Sh. H., Tağiyev, M. M., Gasimova, A. A., Nabiyev, A. A. (2018). The study of the improvement of bred quality index. Ciencia e Tecnica Vitivinicola. Printedin in Portugal, 33 (7), 81–91.
- Cefola, M., Pace, B. (2016). High CO2-modified atmosphere to preserve sensory and nutritional quality of organic table grape (cv. 'Italia') during storage and shelf-life. European Journal of Horticultural Science, 81 (4), 197–203. doi: https://doi.org/10.17660/ejhs.2016/81.4.2
- Flamini, R., Traldi, P. (2009). Mass Spectrometry in Grape and Wine Chemistry. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/9780470552926
- Gerzhikovoy, V. G. (Ed.) (2009). Metody tekhno-khimicheskogo kontrolya v vinodelii. Simferopol', 304.
- Mustafayeva, K. A., Bayramov, E. E., Nabiyev, A. A. (2020). The study of the influence of lentil flour of the Jasmin variety on the appearance of bread prepared from flour variety wheat Azamatli-95. The 6th International scientific and practical conference “Eurasian scientific congress”. Barcelona, 128–134.
- Akbarova, F. A., Bayramov, E. E., Nabiyev, A. A. (2020). The study of the influence of lentil flour of the Jasmin variety on of the crumb of bred prepared from flour of the wheat variety Azamatli-95. The 4th International scientific and practical conference – Modern science: problems and innovations‖. Stockholm, 101–108.
- Peng, Q., Zhou, Q. (2008). Antioxidant Capacity of Flavonoid in Soybean Seedlings under the Joint Actions of Rare Earth Element La(III) and Ultraviolet-B Stress. Biological Trace Element Research, 127 (1), 69–80. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12011-008-8218-4
- Gurbanova, S. O., Gasimova, A. A., Babayeva, U. A., Khusayinova, I. Y., Nabiyev, A. A. (2018). The study of biochemical indices of persimmon fruit under various storage conditions. SYLWAN journal, 162 (4).
- Wu, R., Frei, B., Kennedy, J. A., Zhao, Y. (2010). Effects of refrigerated storage and processing technologies on the bioactive compounds and antioxidant capacities of ‘Marion’ and ‘Evergreen’ blackberries. LWT - Food Science and Technology, 43 (8), 1253–1264. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2010.04.002
- Kazimova, İ., Nabiyev, A., Omarova, E. (2021). Determining the pectinesterase enzyme activity when storing table grape varieties depending on the degree of ripening. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (11 (114)), 43–51. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.247963
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 İlhama Kazimova, Ahad Nabiyev
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.