Improving the quality of cupcakes by optimizing the recipe using a mathematical modeling method
Keywords:muffins from organic raw materials, mathematical modeling, simplex methods, qualimetric evaluation
In order to model the process of developing new recipes for muffins from organic raw materials, a mathematical model of the problem has been built. The solution involved using a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet processor and a computer algebra system from the class of automated design systems Mathcad. The object of research is the cupcake "Grechanyk", and the control sample is the cupcake "Stolichny". The following components are proposed to be introduced into the cupcake: buckwheat flour, agave syrup, cane sugar, sesame oil, butter, dried raisins. All raw materials are organic. With the help of modeling the content of food nutrients – amino acids, fatty acids, carbohydrates, and the price of raw materials, a rational formulation of the product has been developed. In the developed cupcake, a comprehensive quality indicator is investigated by qualimetric evaluation. Group quality indicators included organoleptic, physical-chemical, and microbiological indicators. They also include the content of toxic elements, nutritional and energy value. The weighting coefficients of group quality indicators are: 0.15 for organoleptic, physical-chemical, microbiological indicators. The coefficient of weight of the energy value is 0.10; food – 0.20, toxicological elements – 0.25.
The results of the study showed that the integrated quality indicator is 0.82. These correspond to an excellent level of quality. The values of group quality indicators are as follows: organoleptic indicators – 0.14; physical and chemical indicators – 0.11. The content of toxicological elements is 0.22. Microbiological indicators – 0.14. The nutritional value is 0.13. Energy value – 0.09.
The results indicate the relevance of the use of the mathematical apparatus of design. The research results can be used by food industry enterprises to expand the range of products and to optimize the production process in the presence of the specified amount of raw materials.
- Ferrer, J., Prats, C., López, D., Vives-Rego, J. (2009). Mathematical modelling methodologies in predictive food microbiology: A SWOT analysis. International Journal of Food Microbiology, 134 (1-2), 2–8. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfoodmicro.2009.01.016
- Le Feunteun, S., Verkempinck, S., Floury, J., Janssen, A., Kondjoyan, A., Marze, S. et al. (2021). Mathematical modelling of food hydrolysis during in vitro digestion: From single nutrient to complex foods in static and dynamic conditions. Trends in Food Science & Technology, 116, 870–883. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tifs.2021.08.030
- Shahari, N. A. (2012). Mathematical modelling of drying food products: application to tropical fruits. University of Nottingham. Available at: http://eprints.nottingham.ac.uk/12485/
- Breus, N. M., Hrybkov, S. V., Polischuk, G. Ye., Siedykh, O. L. (2019). Development of Mathematical Apparatus of the Expert System for Modelling Ice Cream Recipes with Specified Quality Parameters. Nauka Ta Innovacii, 15 (5), 62–72. doi: https://doi.org/10.15407/scin15.05.062
- Piringer, O. (2007). Mathematical modelling of chemical migration from food contact materials. Chemical Migration and Food Contact Materials, 180–202. doi: https://doi.org/10.1533/9781845692094.2.180
- Chorna, T., Shubina, L., Yanushkevych, D., Domanova, O. (2020). Qualimetric Model of Assessment of Quality and Security of Goods. Path of Science, 6 (4), 2001–2006. doi: https://doi.org/10.22178/pos.57-6
- Britanova, T., Antypenko, L. (2022). Price of pulse oximeters bought by the students of Pharmacy Faculty. Conference: 7th International scientific and practical conference. "Science, innovations and education: problems and prospects". Tokyo. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/358781986_Price_of_pulse_oximeters_bought_by_the_students_of_Pharmacy_Faculty/link/621500daba15e05e2ea06ecb/download
- Nekrasov, P. O. (2010). Rozrobka retseptur marharyniv funktsionalnoho pryznachennia metodom matematychnoho modeliuvannia. Visnyk Natsionalnoho tekhnichnoho universytetu «KhPI», 30, 205–214. Available at: http://repository.kpi.kharkov.ua/bitstream/KhPI-Press/21738/1/vestnik_KhPI_2010_30_Nekrasov_Rozrobka.pdf
- Bongers, P., Almeida-Rivera, C. (2011). Dynamic modelling of the margarine production process. 21st European Symposium on Computer Aided Process Engineering, 1301–1305. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-444-54298-4.50039-8
- Belinska, S., Orlova, N., Krasnoshchok, V. (2008). Modeliuvannia retseptur bahatokomponentnykh ovochevykh napivfabrykativ. Tovary i rynky, 1, 84–91. Available at: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/tovary_2008_1_15
- Sorokina, S. V., Zhyliuk, N. O. Yatsutsenko, O. O. (2009). Matematychne modeliuvannia retsepturnoho skladu syrnykh vyrobiv. Vistyk Nats. tekhn. un-tu «KhPI»: zb. nauk. prats. Temat. Vyp.: Khimiya khimichna tekhnolohiya i ekolohiya, 22, 132–138. Available at: http://repository.kpi.kharkov.ua/bitstream/KhPI-Press/30715/1/vestnik_KhPI_2009_22_Sorokina_Matematychne_modelyuvannya.pdf
- Penkina, N. M., Tatar, L. V., Karbivnycha, Т. V. (2015). Modelling the prescription of semi-finished products in soft drinks. Visnyk KhNTU, 4 (55), 153–158. Available at: http://kntu.net.ua/ukr/content/download/82003/475439/file/%D0%92%D0%86%D0%A1%D0%9D%D0%98%D0%9A%20%E2%84%96%204%20(55)%202015.pdf
- Nwabueze, T. U. (2010). Review article: Basic steps in adapting response surface methodology as mathematical modelling for bioprocess optimisation in the food systems. International Journal of Food Science & Technology, 45 (9), 1768–1776. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2010.02256.x
- Minorova, A., Krushelnytska, N., Rudakova, T., Moiseeva, L., Narizhnyi, S. (2020). Quality evaluation of milk multicomponent mixtures on the principles of qualimetry. Food Resources, 8 (15), 139–150. Available at: https://iprjournal.kyiv.ua/index.php/pr/article/view/332
- Tkachenko, A., Syrokhman, I., Guba, L., Basova, Y., Goryachova, E. (2021). Research of quality and safety indicators of organic raw materials for development of new cookie recipes. EUREKA: Life Sciences, 3, 36–40. doi: https://doi.org/10.21303/2504-5695.2021.001882
- Boidunyk, R. (2018). Polipshennia spozhyvnykh vlastyvostei tortiv na vafelnii osnovi z vykorystanniam netradytsiynoi syrovyny. Lviv, 377. Available at: http://www.lute.lviv.ua/fileadmin/www.lac.lviv.ua/data/pidrozdily/Aspirantura/Rady/Spec_vchena_rada/Dysertacii/2018_03/Boidunyk_Disert.pdf
- Shidakova-Kamenyuka, E., Golovko, N., Rogovyi, І., Rogovaya, A. (2015). The use of qualimetry principles for the evaluation of the quality of biscuits with the addition of semi-finished nutritive bone product. Prohresyvni tekhnika ta tekhnolohiyi kharchovykh vyrobnytstv restorannoho hospodarstva i torhivli, 1, 213–222. Available at: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Pt_2015_1_25
- Tkachenko, A., Birta, G., Burgu, Y., Floka, L., Kalashnik, O. (2018). Substantiation of the development of formulations for organic cupcakes with an elevated protein content. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (11 (93)), 51–58. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.133705
- DSTU 4910:2008. Confectionery products. Methods of determination of moisture and dried matter content. Available at: http://online.budstandart.com/ua/catalog/doc-page?id_doc=95233
- DSTU 4672:2006. Confectionery production. Methods for determination of ash and metallomagnetic admixture content. Available at: http://online.budstandart.com/ua/catalog/doc-page?id_doc=92590
- DSTU 5060:2008. Confectionary. Methods for determination of fat content. Available at: http://online.budstandart.com/ua/catalog/doc-page?id_doc=84520
- Fursik, О., Strashynskiу, I., Pasichniy, V. (2016). Definitions amino acid composition and microbiological indicators of cooked sausages. Scientific Messenger of LNU of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnologies. Series: Food Technologies, 18 (2), 115–120. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.15421/nvlvet6823
- Dietary protein quality evaluation in human nutrition: Report of an FAO Expert Consultation (2013). Rome, 66. Available at: http://www.fao.org/3/a-i3124e.pdf
- Arsenieva, L. Yu. (2007). Naukove obgruntuvannia ta rozroblennia tekhnolohiyi funktsionalnykh khlibobulochnykh vyrobiv z roslynnymy bilkamy ta mikronutrientamy. Kyiv, 42.
- Lastukhin, Yu. O. (2005). Khimiya pryrodnykh orhanichnykh spoluk. Lviv: Lvivska politekhnika, 560.
- DSTU ISO 4833:2006. Microbiology of food and animal feeding stuffs. Horizontal method for the enumeration of microorganisms. Colony-count technique at 30 °С (ISO 4833:2003, IDT). Available at: http://online.budstandart.com/ua/catalog/doc-page?id_doc=95734
- Suneeta Chandorkar, S. C. (2013). Analysis of Metal Content of Organic Foods. IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology, 4 (3), 44–49. doi: https://doi.org/10.9790/2402-0434449
- Dubinina, A. A., Maliuk, L. P., Seliutina, H. A. (2007). Toksychni rechovyny u kharchovykh produktakh ta metody yikh vyznachennia. Kyiv: Profesional, 384.
- Hassan, N., Pazil, A. H. M., Idris, N. S., Razman, N. F. (2013). A Goal Programming Model for Bakery Production. Advances in Environmental Biology, 7 (1), 187–190. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/235923670_A_goal_programming_model_for_bakery_production
- Akpan, N. P., Iwok, I. A. (2016). Application of Linear Programming for Optimal Use of Raw Materials in Bakery. International Journal of Mathematics and Statistics Invention (IJMSI), 4 (8), 51–57. Available at: https://https://www.ijmsi.org/Papers/Volume.4.Issue.8/J040805157.pdf
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Alina Tkachenko, Olena Olkhovska, Oksana Chernenko, Tatyana Chilikina, Yulia Basova
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.