Development of the matched filtration of a blurred digital image using its typical form
Keywords:image processing, blurred image, matched filter, transfer function, OLS-evaluation of parameters
The appearance of "blurred" digital images is a consequence of the violation of the immobility of the camera during the shooting of the objects under study. To this end, a procedure was devised for matched filtering of the blurred digital image of the object using its typical image form in a series of frames.
This procedure is based on the automated formation of a typical form of a digital image, as well as on the choice of special parameters for the transfer function of the matched filter. Adapting the procedure specifically to the typical form makes it possible to perform a more accurate assessment of the required parameters of the blurred digital image compared to the analytically set profile.
The formation of a typical form makes it possible to take into account the features of the very formation of the blurred image on each frame of the original series. Based on this, a more accurate assessment of the initial approximation of the parameters of all Gaussians of the object image is performed. In practice, matched filtering makes it possible to highlight blurred images of objects against the background of substrate noise. Also, using the matched filtering procedure makes it possible to improve the segmentation of images of reference objects and reduce the number of false detections.
The devised procedure for the matched filtering of a blurred digital image using its typical form has been tested in practice as part of the research in the framework of the CoLiTec project. It was implemented in the intraframe processing unit of the Lemur software for the automated detection of new and tracking of known objects. Owing to the use of Lemur software and the proposed computational procedure introduced into it, more than 700,000 measurements of various objects under study were successfully processed and identified
- Dearborn, D. P. S., Miller, P. L. (2014). Defending Against Asteroids and Comets. Handbook of Cosmic Hazards and Planetary Defense, 1–18. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-02847-7_59-1
- Mykhailova, L., Savanevych, V., Sokovikova, N., Bezkrovniy, M., Khlamov, S., Pogorelov, A. (2014). Method of maximum likelihood estimation of compact group objects location on CCD-frame. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (4 (71)), 16–21. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2014.28028
- Savanevych, V. E., Khlamov, S. V., Akhmetov, V. S., Briukhovetskyi, A. B., Vlasenko, V. P., Dikov, E. N. et al. (2022). CoLiTecVS software for the automated reduction of photometric observations in CCD-frames. Astronomy and Computing, 40, 100605. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ascom.2022.100605
- Akhmetov, V., Khlamov, S., Dmytrenko, A. (2018). Fast Coordinate Cross-Match Tool for Large Astronomical Catalogue. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing III, 3–16. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-01069-0_1
- Vavilova, I., Pakuliak, L., Babyk, I., Elyiv, A., Dobrycheva, D., Melnyk, O. (2020). Surveys, Catalogues, Databases, and Archives of Astronomical Data. Knowledge Discovery in Big Data from Astronomy and Earth Observation, 57–102. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-12-819154-5.00015-1
- Cavuoti, S., Brescia, M., Longo, G. (2012). Data mining and knowledge discovery resources for astronomy in the web 2.0 age. Software and Cyberinfrastructure for Astronomy II. doi: https://doi.org/10.1117/12.925321
- Chalyi, S., Levykin, I., Biziuk, A., Vovk, A., Bogatov, I. (2020). Development of the technology for changing the sequence of access to shared resources of business processes for process management support. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (3 (104)), 22–29. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2020.198527
- Khlamov, S., Savanevych, V. (2020). Big Astronomical Datasets and Discovery of New Celestial Bodies in the Solar System in Automated Mode by the CoLiTec Software. Knowledge Discovery in Big Data from Astronomy and Earth Observation, 331–345. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-12-819154-5.00030-8
- Smith, G. E. (2010). Nobel Lecture: The invention and early history of the CCD. Reviews of Modern Physics, 82 (3), 2307–2312. doi: https://doi.org/10.1103/revmodphys.82.2307
- Khlamov, S., Savanevych, V., Briukhovetskyi, O., Oryshych, S. (2016). Development of computational method for detection of the object’s near-zero apparent motion on the series of ccd-frames. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (9 (80)), 41–48. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2016.65999
- Kuz'min, S. Z. (2000). Tsifrovaya radiolokatsiya. Vvedenie v teoriyu. Kyiv: Izdatel'stvo KvіTS, 428.
- Klette, R. (2014). Concise computer vision. An Introduction into Theory and Algorithms. Springer, 429. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-6320-6
- Kirichenko, L., Zinchenko, P., Radivilova, T. (2020). Classification of Time Realizations Using Machine Learning Recognition of Recurrence Plots. Lecture Notes in Computational Intelligence and Decision Making, 687–696. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-54215-3_44
- Akhmetov, V., Khlamov, S., Khramtsov, V., Dmytrenko, A. (2019). Astrometric Reduction of the Wide-Field Images. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 896–909. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-33695-0_58
- Belov, L. A. (2021). Radioelektronika. Formirovanie stabil'nykh chastot i signalov. Moscow: Izdatel'stvo Yurayt, 268.
- Bishop, C. M. (2013). Model-based machine learning. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences, 371 (1984), 20120222. doi: https://doi.org/10.1098/rsta.2012.0222
- Akhmetov, V., Khlamov, S., Tabakova, I., Hernandez, W., Nieto Hipolito, J. I., Fedorov, P. (2019). New approach for pixelization of big astronomical data for machine vision purpose. 2019 IEEE 28th International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/isie.2019.8781270
- Minaee, S., Boykov, Y. Y., Porikli, F., Plaza, A. J., Kehtarnavaz, N., Terzopoulos, D. (2021). Image Segmentation Using Deep Learning: A Survey. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 44 (7). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/tpami.2021.3059968
- Dadkhah, M., Lyashenko, V. V., Deineko, Z. V., Shamshirband, S., Jazi, M. D. (2019). Methodology of wavelet analysis in research of dynamics of phishing attacks. International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms, 12 (3/4), 220. doi: https://doi.org/10.1504/ijaip.2019.098561
- Kirichenko, L., Saif, A., Radivilova, T. (2020). Generalized Approach to Analysis of Multifractal Properties from Short Time Series. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, 11 (5). doi: https://doi.org/10.14569/ijacsa.2020.0110527
- Burger, W., Burge, M. (2010). Principles of digital image processing: core algorithms. Springer, 332. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-84800-195-4
- Steger, C., Ulrich, M., Wiedemann, C. (2018). Machine vision algorithms and applications. John Wiley & Sons, 516.
- Soyfer, V. A. (Ed.) (2003). Metody komp'yuternoy obrabotki izobrazheniy. Moscow: Fizmatlit, 784.
- Rubin, B. (2015). Introduction to Radon transforms. With Elements of Fractional Calculus and Harmonic Analysis. Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications. Cambridge University Press, 596.
- Wang, J., Cai, D., Wen, Y. (2011). Comparison of matched filter and dechirp processing used in Linear Frequency Modulation. 2011 IEEE 2nd International Conference on Computing, Control and Industrial Engineering. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/ccieng.2011.6008069
- Jorgensen, B. (2012). Statistical properties of the generalized inverse Gaussian distribution. Springer, 188. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4612-5698-4
- Khlamov, S., Vlasenko, V., Savanevych, V., Briukhovetskyi, O., Trunova, T., Chelombitko, V., Tabakova, I. (2022). Development of computational method for matched filtration with analytical profile of the blurred digital image. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (4 (119)), 24–32. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2022.26530
- Savanevych, V., Khlamov, S., Vlasenko, V., Deineko, Z., Briukhovetskyi, O., Tabakova, I., Trunova, T. (2022). Formation of a typical form of an object image in a series of digital frames. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (2 (120)), 51–59. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2022.266988
- Lemur software. CoLiTec. Available at: https://colitec.space/
- Khlamov, S., Savanevych, V., Briukhovetskyi, O., Pohorelov, A., Vlasenko, V., Dikov, E. (2018). CoLiTec Software for the Astronomical Data Sets Processing. 2018 IEEE Second International Conference on Data Stream Mining & Processing (DSMP). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/dsmp.2018.8478504
- Kashuba, S., Tsvetkov, M., Bazyey, N., Isaeva, E., Golovnia, V. (2018). The Simeiz plate collection of the ODESSA astronomical observatory. Proceedings of the XI Bulgarian-Serbian Astronomical Conference, 207–216.
- Parimucha, Š., Savanevych, V. E., Briukhovetskyi, O. B., Khlamov, S. V., Pohorelov, A. V., Vlasenko, V. P. et al. (2019). CoLiTecVS - A new tool for an automated reduction of photometric observations. Contributions of the Astronomical Observatory Skalnate Pleso, 49 (2), 151–153. Available at: https://www.ta3.sk/caosp/Eedition/FullTexts/vol49no2/pp151-153.pdf
- Mingmuang, Y., Tummuangpak, P., Asanok, K., Jaroenjittichai, P. (2019). The mass distribution and the rotation curve of the Milky Way Galaxy using NARIT 4.5 m small radio telescope and the 2.3 m Onsala radio telescope. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1380 (1), 012028. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/1380/1/012028
- Sergienko, A. B. (2011). Tsifrovaya obrabotka signalov. Sankt-Peterburg: BKhV-Peterburg, 768.
- Kobzar', A. I. (2006). Prikladnaya matematicheskaya statistika. Dlya inzhenerov i nauchnykh rabotnikov. Moscow: FIZMATLI, 816.
- Le, D.-H., Pham, C.-K., Nguyen, T. T. T., Bui, T. T. (2012). Parameter extraction and optimization using Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm. 2012 Fourth International Conference on Communications and Electronics (ICCE). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/cce.2012.6315945
- Gonzalez, R., Woods, R. (2018). Digital image processing. New York, NY: Pearson, 1168.
- Ivanov, M. T., Sergienko, A. B., Ushakov, V. N. (2021). Radiotekhnicheskie tsepi i signaly. Sankt-Peterburg: Piter, 336.
- Khlamov, S., Savanevych, V., Briukhovetskyi, O., Tabakova, I., Trunova, T. (2022). Data Mining of the Astronomical Images by the CoLiTec Software. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, 3171, 1043–1055.
- Zhang, Y., Zhao, Y., Cui, C. (2002). Data mining and knowledge discovery in database of astronomy. Progress in Astronomy, 20 (4), 312–323.
- Rao, K. R., Kim, D. N., Hwang, J.-J. (2010). Fast Fourier Transform - Algorithms and Applications. Springer, 426. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-6629-0
- Buslov, P., Shvedun, V., Streltsov, V. (2018). Modern Tendencies of Data Protection in the Corporate Systems of Information Consolidation. 2018 International Scientific-Practical Conference Problems of Infocommunications. Science and Technology (PIC S&T). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/infocommst.2018.8632089
- Рetrychenko, A., Levykin, I., Iuriev, I. (2021). Improving a method for selecting information technology services. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (2 (110)), 32–43. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.229983
- Baranova, V., Zeleniy, O., Deineko, Z., Bielcheva, G., Lyashenko, V. (2019). Wavelet Coherence as a Tool for Studying of Economic Dynamics in Infocommunication Systems. 2019 IEEE International Scientific-Practical Conference Problems of Infocommunications, Science and Technology (PIC S&T). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/picst47496.2019.9061301
- Dombrovska, S., Shvedun, V., Streltsov, V., Husarov, K. (2018). The prospects of integration of the advertising market of Ukraine into the global advertising business. Problems and Perspectives in Management, 16 (2), 321–330. doi: https://doi.org/10.21511/ppm.16(2).2018.29
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Sergii Khlamov, Vadym Savanevych, Vladimir Vlasenko, Oleksandr Briukhovetskyi, Tetiana Trunova, Ihor Levykin, Viktoriia Shvedun, Iryna Tabakova
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.