Development of a vortex wind device
Keywords:flow twist, steady vortex motion, vertical thrust, exhaust air discharge, increased throughput
The relevance of the research is related to the development of a new type of renewable energy source ‒ a vortex wind device with a vertical axis of rotation without wind guidance mechanisms. The main purpose of the study is to develop a vortex wind turbine using mathematical modeling of vortex motion and laboratory experiments on the model. The object of the study is a vortex wind device consisting of a concentrator with curved channels, inside which there is a wind wheel, and a vertical pipe mounted on the concentrator.
The calculations are based on the method of modeling large vortices with the solution of averaged Navier-Stokes equations. As a result of the research, the velocity distribution in the concentrator, inside the structure and the discharge pipe were obtained. The computational experiment shows that the narrowing channels of the concentrator create a stable vortex motion inside the structure and the vertical pipe. The methods used for calculating turbulent flows allow to study aerodynamic processes in wind turbines with a vortex effect. The absence of a rotary mechanism reduces the risks of breakdowns of rotational elements due to their absence. The concentrator perceives the wind flow from any side and creates a vortex motion inside itself due to curved channels. The outlet openings of the curved channels are directed to the blades of the wind wheel, which increases the maximum transfer of wind flow energy to the blades of the wind wheel. The vortex motion inside the concentrator creates a steady rotation of the wind wheel. An additional important point is the removal of the exhaust air flow from the vortex wind device. Existing wind farms have wind guidance mechanisms, which complicates the design, a stable rotation mode of the wind wheel is not created. All these problems of operating stations can be solved with the help of a vortex wind device
- Summary of Wind Turbine Accident data to 31 March 2022. Available at: https://scotlandagainstspin.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Turbine-Accident-Summary-to-31-March-2022.pdf
- Lyakhnov, D. V., Morozov, P. V., Boeva, L. V., Kiselev, B. Yu. (2017). Issledovaniya vetrokoles s vertikal'noy os'yu vrascheniya. Molodoy ucheniy, 2 (136), 120–123. Available at: https://moluch.ru/archive/136/38044/
- Khozyainov, B. P., Khozyainov, D. B., Lobanova, M. B. (2012). Pat. No. 2518794 RF. Lopast' vetroturbiny s vertikal'noy os'yu vrascheniya. declareted: 03.09.2012; published: 10.06.2014. Available at: https://www.freepatent.ru/patents/2518794
- Novye vetrogeneratory dlya bazovykh stantsiy sotovoy svyazi. Available at: http://www.ecotoc.ru/alternative_energy/wind_energy/d161/
- Helix Wind. Vertical Wind. Available at: https://verticalwindturbineinfo.com/vawt-manufacturers/helix-wind/
- Turbina Energy. Available at: https://syenergy.com.ua/145_ветрогенераторы-turbina-energy
- Deshevaya vozobnovlyaemaya energiya iz vozdushnykh vikhrey. Available at: http://www.ekopower.ru/deshevaya-vozobnovlyaemaya-energiya-iz-vo/
- Vikhrevaya vetroenergeticheskaya ustanovka (2015). Moscow. Available at: http://viesh.ru/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Вихревая-ветроэнергетическая-установка.pdf
- Bubenchikov, A. A., Demidova, N. G., Mal'kov, N. G. (2016). Ekologicheskaya ekspertiza vetroenergeticheskoy ustanovki. Molodoy ucheniy, 28.2 (132.2), 31–35. Available at: https://moluch.ru/archive/132/37006/
- Koshumbaev, M. B., Myrzakulov, B. K., Koshumbaev, A. M., Koshumbaeva, A. M. (2017). Pat. No. 2291 KZ. Vikhrevoy vetroagregat. Poleznaya model'. declareted: 31.07.2017.
- Koshumbayev, M., Koshumbayev, А. (2020). Mathematical modeling of air flow vortex motion in a wind turbine. Annali d’Italia, 4, 53–62. Available at: http://www.itadiana.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Annali-d%E2%80%99Italia_%E2%84%964_2020_part_1.pdf
- Koshumbayev, M., Yerzhan, A., Myrzakulov, B., Kvasov, P. (2016). Theoretical and experimental researches on development of new construction of wind-driven generator with flux concentrator. Journal of Advances in Technology and Engineering Research, 2 (3), 100–104. Available at: https://www.academia.edu/34913346/Theoretical_and_experimental_researches_on_development_of_new_construction_of_wind_driven_generator_with_flux_concentrator
- Spalart, P. R. (2009). Detached-Eddy Simulation. Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics, 41 (1), 181–202. doi: https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.fluid.010908.165130
- Ershkov, S. V. (2015). On Existence of General Solution of the Navier - Stokes Equations for 3D Non-Stationary Incompressible Flow. International Journal of Fluid Mechanics Research, 42 (3), 206–213. doi: https://doi.org/10.1615/interjfluidmechres.v42.i3.20
- Issenov, S., Iskakov, R., Tergemes, K., Issenov, Z. (2022). Development of mathematical description of mechanical characteristics of integrated multi-motor electric drive for drying plant. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (8 (115)), 46–54. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.251232
- Schneiders, J. F. G. (2014). Time-Supersampling 3D-PIV Measurements by Vortex-in-Cell Simulation. Aerospace Engineering, Delft University of Technology, 112.
- Chemin, J.-Y., Gallagher, I., Paicu, M. (2011). Global regularity for some classes of large solutions to the Navier-Stokes equations. Annals of Mathematics, 173 (2), 983–1012. doi: https://doi.org/10.4007/annals.2011.173.2.9
- Belov, I. A., Isaev, S. A. (2001). Modelirovanie turbulentnykh techeniy. Sankt-Peterburg, 108.
- Zhang, Y., Bao, W., Du, Q. (2007). Numerical simulation of vortex dynamics in Ginzburg-Landau-Schrödinger equation. European Journal of Applied Mathematics, 18 (5), 607–630. doi: https://doi.org/10.1017/s0956792507007140
- Eldredge, J. D. (2007). Numerical simulation of the fluid dynamics of 2D rigid body motion with the vortex particle method. Journal of Computational Physics, 221 (2), 626–648. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcp.2006.06.038
- Vertikal'nye vetrogeneratory TURBINA Energy. Available at: https://syenergy.com.ua/vetrogeneratory/317-%D0%B2%D0%B5%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80-turbina-te20.html
- Tziotziou, K., Scullion, E., Shelyag, S., Steiner, O., Khomenko, E., Tsiropoula, G. et al. (2023). Vortex Motions in the Solar Atmosphere. Space Science Reviews, 219 (1). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11214-022-00946-8
- Vetrogeneratory s vertikal'noy os'yu vrascheniya rossiyskogo proizvodstva. Available at: https://ekopower.ru/vetrogeneratoryi-s-vertikalnoy-osyu-vrashheniya-rossiyskogo-proizvodstva/
- Turalina, D. E., Bolysbek, D. A. (2018). Research with purpose of finding optimal variant of the guide blades of the vortex wind power installation. First International Scientific Conference: Alternative energy sources, materials and technologies (AESMT-18). Plovdiv, 38.
- Yumaev, N. R. (2018). Ekologicheskie aspekty primeneniya vozobnovlyaemykh istochnikov energii. Sovremennye tendentsii tekhnicheskikh nauk: materialy VI Mezhdunar. nauch. konf. Kazan': Molodoy ucheniy, 16–21. Available at: https://moluch.ru/conf/tech/archive/300/14145/
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Marat Koshumbaev, Sultanbek Issenov, Ruslan Iskakov, Yuliya Bulatbayeva
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.