Reducing the impact of interchannel interference on the efficiency of signal transmission in telecommunication systems of data transmission based on the ofdm signal
Keywords:OFDM signal, subcarrier frequency, interchannel quantity, interchannel transient interference, protective interval
This paper considers the process that forms an interchannel transient interference in the structure of the signal created on the basis of the technology of parallel data transmission and frequency distribution with multiplexing of the phase-modulated signal – the OFDM signal.
Based on the analysis of the OFDM signal structure, it was determined that changes in the position and parameters of the carrier symbol from the composition of this OFDM symbol create an interchannel transient interference.
A list of OFDM signal parameters that can affect the appearance of interchannel interference and the value of its quantitative value was summarized and presented. A model for assessing the impact of interchannel interference on the efficiency of signal transmission in telecommunication data transmission systems based on the OFDM signal has been developed and proposed.
Based on mathematical modeling using this model, the dependence of the quantitative assessment of the magnitude of the interchannel interference on the magnitude of the protective interval for different values of the interchannel value with a different number of signal pre-reception has been established. It is shown that an increase in the value of the interchannel value to 96 subchannels makes it possible to achieve an interchannel transient interference of less than 3 percent with a protective interval of more than 2 ms already with one pre-reception. This is explained by the fact that the increase in the interchannel value makes it possible to reduce the value of the protective interval and minimizes the effect of frequency distortions of the sub-channel of one channel.
The data reported in this work and the recommendations substantiated on their basis confirm the possibility of the proposed model for assessing the value of the interchannel transient interference and justifying the recommendations for reducing its impact on the efficiency of signal transmission in telecommunication data transmission systems based on the OFDM signal.
The proposed evaluation model can find practical application in improving existing and developing new telecommunication data transmission systems based on OFDM technology
- Popivskyi, V. V., Lemeshko, O. V., Kovalchuk, V. K., Plotnikov, M. D., Kartushyn, Yu. P. (2012). Telekomunikatsiyni systemy ta merezhi. Struktura y osnovni funktsiyi.
- Abdourahamane, A. (2016). Advantages of optical orthogonal frequency division multiplexing in communications systems. EUREKA: Physics and Engineering, 2, 27–33. doi: https://doi.org/10.21303/2461-4262.2016.00058
- Liu, Q. P., Yang, Y. N., Li, W. X. (2014). Application of OFDM Technology in 4G Mobile Network. Applied Mechanics and Materials, 631-632, 851–855. doi: https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/amm.631-632.851
- Mazurkov, M. I. (2010). Sistemy shirokopolosnoy radiosvyazi. Odessa: «Nauka i tekhnika», 340.
- Sklyar, B. (2003). Tsifrovaya svyaz'. Teoreticheskie osnovy i prakticheskoe primenenie. Moscow: Izdatel'skiy dom «Vil'yams», 1099.
- Kryszkiewicz, P., Bogucka, H. (2013). Out-of-Band Power Reduction in NC-OFDM with Optimized Cancellation Carriers Selection. IEEE Communications Letters, 17 (10), 1901–1904. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/lcomm.2013.081813.131515
- Taheri, T., Nilsson, R., van de Beek, J. (2016). Asymmetric Transmit-Windowing for Low-Latency and Robust OFDM. 2016 IEEE Globecom Workshops (GC Wkshps). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/glocomw.2016.7848842
- Mohamad, M., Nilsson, R., Van De Beek, J. (2018). A Novel Transmitter Architecture for Spectrally-Precoded OFDM. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, 65 (8), 2592–2605. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/tcsi.2018.2797527
- van de Beek, J. (2013). OFDM Spectral Precoding with Protected Subcarriers. IEEE Communications Letters, 17 (12), 2209–2212. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/lcomm.2013.111013.131492
- Agrahari, A., Varshney, P., Jagannatham, A. K. (2018). Precoding and Downlink Beamforming in Multiuser MIMO-OFDM Cognitive Radio Systems With Spatial Interference Constraints. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 67 (3), 2289–2300. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/tvt.2017.2768823
- Chakrabarti, B., Roy, B., Das, P. S., Paul, P., Bhattacharjee, A. K. (2022). Interpretation of Wireless Communication Using OFDM Technology. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, 625–636. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-2004-2_57
- Zaitsev, S. V. (2011). Matematychna model kanalu zviazku z syhnalamy OFDM ta navmysnymy zavadamy. Matematychni mashyny i systemy, 4, 166–175. Available at: http://dspace.nbuv.gov.ua/handle/123456789/83639
- Beek, J.-J. Sandell, M., Borjesson, P. O. (1996). ML Estimation of Timing and Frequency offset in Multicarrier Systems. Lulea. Available at: https://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:995280/FULLTEXT01.pdf
- Tolubko, V. B., Berkman, L. N., Vlasenko, V. O., Pankratova, O. S. (2016). Rozrobka metodyky vyznachennia parametriv OFDM-syhnaliv v suchasnykh mobilnykh merezhakh. Suchasnyi zakhyst informatsii, 3, 3–10.
- Gnatyuk, S., Kinzeryavyy, V., Kyrychenko, K., Yubuzova, K., Aleksander, M., Odarchenko, R. (2019). Secure Hash Function Constructing for Future Communication Systems and Networks. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 561–569. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-12082-5_51
- Brumnik, R., Kovtun, V., Okhrimenko, A., Kavun, S. (2014). Techniques for Performance Improvement of Integer Multiplication in Cryptographic Applications. Mathematical Problems in Engineering, 2014, 1–7. doi: https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/863617
- Odarchenko, R., Gnatyuk, V., Gnatyuk, S., Abakumova, A. (2018). Security Key Indicators Assessment for Modern Cellular Networks. 2018 IEEE First International Conference on System Analysis & Intelligent Computing (SAIC). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/saic.2018.8516889
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Anatoliy Makarenko, Nameer Qasim, Oleksandr Turovsky, Nataliia Rudenko, Konstiantyn Polonskyi, Oleg Govorun
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.