Development of biotechnology of hydrogen sulfid removal from biogas using immobilization material based on phosphogypsum
Keywords:biotechnology, hydrogen sulfide removal, biogas, phosphogypsum, immobilization of microorganisms, sulfur
The paper focuses on the possibility of using phosphogypsum in the biotechnology processes of gas purification. The biomass of Thiobacillus sp. was immobilized on the granulated material of support medium consisting of dihydrate phosphogypsum. Desulfurization resulted in forming of acidophilic microorganisms association that is able to oxidize hydrogen sulfide to form elemental sulfur in an acidic environment. The granulated loading was based on phosphogypsum and has the following advantages: it has low cost; it stimulates the development of needful ecological-trophic groups of microorganisms; it creates favorable conditions for the formation of biofilm on their surface; the contact surface extends with a gas stream; it is capable of regeneration; it is resistant to higher acidity; it has the protection function blocking toxic components; it increases the yield of elemental sulfur. Optimum conditions of biological system of hydrogen sulfide removal from biogas were determined.
- Geletukha, G. G., Kucheruk, P. P., Matveev, Yu. B. (2014). Prospects for production and use of biomethane in Ukraine. Analiticheskaya zapiska BAU, 11. Kiev: Bioenergeticheskaya assotsiatsiya Ukrainyi, 44.
- Piatnichko, A. I., Ivanov, J. V., Krushnevich, T. K. (2010). Optimization of water-amine solutions as absorbents a unit of biomethane extraction from biogas. Tehnicheskie gazyi, 3, 26–29.
- Idigenov, A. B., Filatov, M. I. (2013). Installation of the combined cleaning of biogas. Vestnik Saratovskogo gosudarstvennogo tehnicheskogo universiteta, 2 (71), 94–101.
- Ramirez, M., Gómez, J., Cantero, D. (2009). Removal of hydrogen sulphide by immobilized Thiobacillus thioparus in a biofilter packed with polyurethane foam. Bioresource Technology, 100 (21), 4989–4995. doi: 10.1016/j.biortech.2009.05.022
- Janssen, A. J., Ma, S. C., Lens, P., Lettinga, G. (1997). Performance of a sulfide oxidizing expanded bed reactor supplied with dissolved oxygen. Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 53 (1), 32–40. doi: 10.1002/(sici)1097-0290(19970105)53:1<32::aid-bit6>3.0.co;2-#
- Ravichandra, P., Mugeraya, G., Gangagni Rao, A., Ramakrishna, M., Annapurna, J. (2007). Isolation of Thiobacillus sp from aerobic sludge of distillery and dairy effluent treatment plants and its sulfide oxidation activity at different concentrations. Journal of Environmental Biology, 28 (4), 819–823.
- Park Byoung-Gi, C., Shin, W. S., Chung, J. S. (2008). Simultaneous biofiltration of H2S, NH3 and toluene using an inorganic polymeric composite. Environmental Engineering Research, 13 (1), 19–27. doi: 10.4491/eer.2008.13.1.019
- Desulfurization technology THIOPAQ O&G. Information from the website of the enterprise «Paqell» (2014). Available at: http://www.paqell.com/ru/thiopaq/about-thiopaq-o-and-g/
- Bakhareva, A. Yu., Yurchenko, V. A. (2013). Dangerous concentration of methane in gasiform emissions and methods of its reduction. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3/11(63), 8–11. Available at: http://journals.uran.ua/eejet/article/view/14587/12361
- Xіl'chevs'kij, V. K. (2007). Vidhody virobnitstva i spozhivannya ta yih vpliv na grunti I prirodnI vody [Waste production and consumption and their impact on soil and natural water]. Kiev: Vidavnicho-poligrafichniy tsentr "Kiyivskiy universitet", 152.
- Abdrakipov, A. R., Barahnina, V. B., Jagafarova, G. G. (2010). Phosphogypsum use at the oil-field sewage bioclearing. Aktualnyie ekologicheskie problemyi: Sbornik nauchnyih trudov V mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii, 4–6.
- Kaniskina, M. A., Terekhov, V. A., Semenova, T. A., Lisak, L. V. (2009). Influence of phosphogypsum on microorganisms soil-ground. Dokladyi po ekologicheskomu pochvovedeniyu, 1 (11), 62–78.
- Kaniskin, M. A., Terehova, V. A., Yakovlev, A. S. (2007). Control humate detoxification of phosphogypsum waste by bioassay methods. Ekologiya i promyishlennost, 8, 48–51.
- Belyuchenko, I. S. (2014). Complex composts and detoxication of agrolandscape systems. Nauchnyiy zhurnal KubGAU, 97 (03). Available at: http://ej.kubagro.ru/2014/03/pdf/59.pdf
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 Єлізавета Юріївна Черниш, Леонід Дмитрович Пляцук
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.