Research into rheological transformations in a piezoceramic ultrasonic sensor of fluid level control
Keywords:piezoceramic, ultrasound, pulse, rheology, natural gas, fluid, membrane, intensity
It was established that in the piezoceramic transducers of electric excitation pulse into ultrasonic signal that are used for measuring control of level of fluids and gas volumetric rate, similar electromagnetic processes occur. The effect of change in parameters of piezoceramic element on the formation of ultrasonic pulse was studied. It was shown that to create the pulse, the electric field intensity of this element is converted to electrodynamic force, which causes elastic deformation of a membrane unit. It was shown that the elastic deformation of a membrane unit causes electromotive force, which creates current in a piezoceramic element. The latter causes a secondary electrodynamic force, which is braking for a mechanical unit that leads to the deformation of mechanical ultrasonic oscillations. Physical models of irreversible rheological transformations are given and it is shown that the following processes occur in the piezoceramic transducers: conversion of electric exciting momentum to mechanical motion of a membrane of transducer, the latter to mechanical ultrasonic oscillations, and these oscillations to electromotive force of a piezoceramic element. The processes of irreversible rheological transformations are presented by the integrated pulse Dirac delta function. It was shown that such transformations are described by nonlinear differential equations, the right part of which characterizes the rate of decrease (flow) of electrical or mechanical energy, and these equations are the core of the integrated pulse Dirac delta function. Analytical solution of nonlinear differential equations of transfer of energy, mass and momentum by a zero gradient was obtained.
A mechanism of the effect of temperature of heating of a piezoceramic element on the ultrasonic pulse form was determined.
The essence of the impact is the fact that as a result of the heating of this element by electric current of excitation pulse and secondary electromotive force, its linear dimensions, resistance and density of the material change, leading to a phase shift of the ultrasonic pulse.
- Zhmylev, A. B., Titov, S. V., Toom, K. E., Topunov, A. V. (2002). Patent 2195635 Rossijskaya Federaciya, MPK G01F23/28. Sposob izmereniya urovnya zhidkih i sypuchih sred. Zayavitel' i patentoobladatel' zakrytoe akcionernoe obshhestvo «Vzlet». № 2002104724/28; declared: 21.02.02; published: 27.12.02, Byul. № 19, 3.
- Subhash, N. N., Balasubramaniam, K. (2014). Fluid level sensing using ultrasonic waveguides. Insight – Non-Destructive Testing and Condition Monitoring, 56 (11), 607–612. doi: 10.1784/insi.2014.56.11.607
- Moore, P. I., Brown, G. J., Stimpson, B. P. (2000). Ultrasonic transit-time flowmeters modelled with theoretical velocity profiles: methodology. Measurement Science and Technology, 11 (12), 1802–1811. doi: 10.1088/0957-0233/11/12/321
- Zheng, X. M., Hu, J., Chen, Y. S. (2014). The Development of an Automatic Ultrasonic Non-Destructive Testing System. Applied Mechanics and Materials, 599-601, 1120–1123. doi: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/amm.599-601.1120
- Ultrasonic level measurement (2002). Level: Technical Information/Endress+Hauser GmbH+Co.KG. Endress+Hauser GmbH+Co.KG,.
- Lagoda, D. P., Myetolkin, M. I., Pososhko, V. N., Uvarov, A. Ya. (2008). Patent 82594 Ukrayina, MPK G01S15/00, G01F23/28. Sposib vymiryuvannya rivnya ridkyx seredovyshh i ultrazvukovyj rivnemir. Zayavnyk i patentovlasnyk tovarystvo z obmezhenoyu vidpovidalnistyu Naukovo-vyrobnyche pidpryyemstvo «Mikroterm». #a200608554; declared: 31.07.06; published: 25.04.08. Byul. # 8, 3.
- Piezoelectric ceramic sensors (Piezotite): Catalog №P19E‑6. Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd., 33.
- International Organization for Standardization (2010). ISO 17989-1: Measurement of fluid flow in closed conduits Ultrasonic meters for gas. Part 1: Meters for custody transfer and allocation measurement. Geneva, Switzerland: ISO.
- Ultrasonic level measurement (2002). Level: Technical Information / Endress+Hauser GmbH+Co.KG. Endress+Hauser GmbH+Co.KG.
- Froysa, K-E., Lunde, P. (2001). A ray theory approach to investigate the influence of flow velocity profiles on transit times in ultrasonic flow meters for gas and liquid. Paper presented at the 24 Scandinavian Symposium on Physical Acoustics, Ustaoset.
- Stencel, J. I., Tomson, A. V., Shapovalov, O. I., Litvinov, K. A., Ryabichenko, A. V. (2012). Patent 74227 Ukrayina, MPK G01F 23/28 (2006/01). Ultrazvukovyj prystrij dlya vymiryuvannya rivnya seredovyshh z nerivnomirnoyu poverxneyu. Zayavnyk i patentovlasnyk Sxidnoukrayinskyj nacionalnyj universytet im. V. Dalya. # u201203182; declared: 19.03.2012; published: 25.10.2012. Byul. # 20, 3.
- Yoder, J. (2013). Part II: The Role of Oil & Naturel Gas. Flow Control, 2, 26–31.
- Stencel, J. I., Tomson, A. V.; Elyseev, V. V. (Ed.) (2006). Elektrodeformacijni procesy v p‘yezoelektrychnyx peretvoryuvachax. Systemi kontrolya y upravlenyya texnologycheskymy processamy. Sbornyk nauchnix statej. Lugansk: Svitlycya, 144–149.
- Stencel, J. I., Litvinov, K. A., Ryabichenko, A. V. (2015). Patent 110220 Ukrayina, MPK G01F 23/296 (2006/01). Ultrazvukovyj prystrij dlya kontrolyu rivnya ridynnyx seredovyshh. Zayavnyk i patentovlasnyk Sxidnoukrayinskyj nacionalnyj universytet im. V. Dalya. # a201305151; declared: 22.04.2013; published: 10.12.2015. Byul. # 23, 3.
- Stencel, Y. Y., Tomson, A. V. (2007). Matematycheskye modely ultrazvukovyx datchykov urovnya veshhestv, Voprosy xymyy y xymycheskoj texnologyy, 5, 182–185.
- Stencel, J. I. (1992). Fotokolorymetrychni gazoanalizatory. Kyiv: NMK VO, 124.
- Urovnemery ul'trazvukovye MTM900. Rukovodstvo po ekspluatacii: AALU.407632.000 (2007). Severodonec'k: TOV NVP «Mіkroterm», 71.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Iosiph Stencel, Konstantin Litvinov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.