Electromagnetic focusing of impurities in water purification
Keywords:purification, filtrate, focusing, control of the mechanical trajectory of contaminants, the Larmor precession
The study focuses on the principle of water purification by electromagnetic focusing of the charged particles of contaminants. We have designed an electromagnetic control device (EMCD) of water treatment. A water flow is treated in an axially symmetric electromagnetic field. Aggressiveness of the filtrate is reduced due to a multistage process. The first stage involves the selection of the most aggressive components of the filtrate. The second stage is the choice of the physical impact on the flow of contaminants for their subsequent removal. The effect of the axially symmetric electromagnetic field on the charged particles of impurities provides the Larmor precession of the magnetic moment. The precession makes the impurity ions rotate around the vector of the external magnetic field. This spins the trajectory of the charged particles, whose total mass forms a paraboloid of revolution. The filtrate treatment involves focusing contaminants and removing them from the general flow. This allows controlling the mechanical trajectory of impurities when the latter are removed from the main flow. We have found the inverse relationship of the Larmor radius of the impurities and the focusing coil current. The value of the Larmor radius of impurities of 0.07 m is obtained by increasing the focusing coil current up to 0.1 A.
- A. Abbas, A., Jingsong, G., Ping, L. Z., Ya, P. Y., Al-Rekabi, W. S. (2009). Review on Landﬁll Leachate Treatments. American Journal of Applied Sciences, 6 (4), 672–684. doi: 10.3844/ajas.2009.672.684
- Sathish, Pandian, S., Amuthan, A. (2012). Effect of soaking of Phyllanthus emblica wood in drinking-water for purification. International Journal of Pharmacology and Clinical Sciences, 1 (1), 19-23.
- Ambashta, R. D., Sillanpää, M. (2010). Water purification using magnetic assistance: A review. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 180 (1-3), 38–49. doi: 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2010.04.105
- Rouina, M., Kariminia, H.-R., Mousavi, S. A., Shahryari, E. (2016). Effect of electromagnetic field on membrane fouling in reverse osmosis process. Desalination, 395, 41–45. doi: 10.1016/j.desal.2016.05.009
- Ibragimova, O., Khalikov, A. (2013). Blanket representation and expedient of disinfecting water using pulsing electromagnetic field. IIUM Engineering Journal, 14 (2), 163-172.
- Ali-Zade, P., Ustun, O., Vardarli, F., Sobolev, K. (2008). Development of an electromagnetic hydrocyclone separator for purification of wastewater. Water and Environment Journal, 22 (1), 11–16. doi: 10.1111/j.1747-6593.2007.00075.x
- Russkikh, М., Arefieva, О., Olshanskaia, L. (2012). Influence of emr enf on plants lemna m. аnd their use in the cleaning of sewage. Vestnik Saratovskoho gosudarstvennoho universiteta, 1 (64), 418-422.
- Yamabhai, M., Chumseng, S., Yoohat, K., Srila, W. (2014). Diverse biological effects of electromagnetic-treated water. Homeopathy, 103 (3), 186–192. doi: 10.1016/j.homp.2013.11.004
- Artsymovich, L., Lukianov, S. (1978). Dvizhenie zariazhennykh chastits v elektricheskikh i magnitnykh poliakh. Мoscw: Nauka, 224.
- Kozlov, V. (2006). Larmorova pretsessiia. Laboratorniy praktikum po obshchey fizike. Moscow: Moskovskij gosudarstvennyj universitet im. M. V. Lomonosova, 14.
- Raschet mahnitnoy induktsii kotushki. Elektrotekhnika. Available at: http://electe.blogspot.com/2011/07/blog-post_27.html
- Terentiev, O., Mozharovska, O. (2008). Vykorystannia vnutrishnoi enerhii vodnoho seredovyshcha pry ochyshchenni yoho pid dieiu postiinoho mahnitnoho polia. Visnyk NTUU "KPI". Seriia: Hirnytstvo, 17, 154-158.
- Varychev, O. (1966). Issledovanie apparatov dlia mahnitnoi obrabotki vody. Rostov na Donu: Lenivets, 51.
- Bashta, T. (1971). Mashinostroitelnaia hidravlika. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 672.
- Spiridonov, O. (2001). Fundamentalnye fizicheskie postoiannye. Moscow: Vysshaia shkola, 238.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Oleg Terentiev, Konstantyn Tkachuk, Oksana Tverda, Anton Kleshchov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.