Improving the processes of cost management in the construction and energy projects
Keywords:cost planning method, procedure of reduction, construction and energy projects, resources, long-term timeframe
The processes of the cost management of construction-energy projects were improved by expanding the existing set of tools of project management by the method of planning the cost of construction-energy projects. The basis for developing the method is a hypothesis about specific features of the given projects being their structural complexity, significant resource intensity and duration, as well as a large number of stakeholders. This leads to a change in the costs of resources in the period of implementation of the project, and consequently, creates deviations towards its increase over its planned budget. These deviations can be forecasted and considered by using the developed method of planning the cost of construction- energy projects. This method, in contrast to the existing ones, is based on the theory of changeability in the costs of resources over time and it also considers investment and time constraints of the project.
A verification of the proposed method was conducted, it was revealed that its results are more realistic, i.e., they are more in line with the actual data than the results, obtained by application of classical methods of planning the cost of projects.
The developed method of planning the cost of construction-energy projects can be used for the projects in different directions provided they are long-term and expensive resources comprise a considerable share of their budget.
- Averbakh, L. I. (1969). Sovershenstvovanie sistemy upravleniya stroitelnoj organizaciej s ispolzovaniem ekonomiko-matematicheskikh metodov. Novosibirsk, 24.
- Burkov, V. N., Burkova, I. V. (2010). Metod setevogo programmirovaniya v zadachakh upravleniya proektami. Upravlenie bol'shimi sistemami, 30-1, 40–61. Available at: http://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/metod-setevogo-programmirovaniya-v-zadachah-upravleniya-proektami
- Mazur, I. I. (2011). Upravlenie investicionno-stroitel'nymi proektami: mezhdunarodnyj podkhod. Мoscow: Omega-L, 736.
- Golubyatnikov, V. T. (2013). Ocenka proizvodstvenno-ekonomicheskoj ustojchivosti investicionno-stroitel'nogo proekta v processe ego realizacii. Upravlіnnya proektami ta rozvitok virobnictva. Lugansk: Vyd-vo SNU im. V. Dalja, 2 (46), 17–24.
- Rukovodstvo k Svodu znanij po upravleniyu proektami (Rukovodstvo PMBOK®) (2013). Pyatoe izdanie. Newtown square, PA, USA: Project Management Institute, Inc, 614.
- Babaev, V., Sukhonos, M., Beletsky, I. (2014). Classification of high-tech construction and energy projects. Municipal economy of cities, 118, 49–51.
- Ahadzie, D. K., Proverbs, D. G., Sarkodie-Poku, I. (2014). Competencies required of project managers at the design phase of mass house building projects. International Journal of Project Management, 32 (6), 958–969. doi: 10.1016/j.ijproman.2013.10.015
- Siami-Irdemoosa, E., Dindarloo, S. R., Sharifzadeh, M. (2015). Work breakdown structure (WBS) development for underground construction. Automation in Construction, 58, 85–94. doi: 10.1016/j.autcon.2015.07.016
- Heravi, A., Coffey, V., Trigunarsyah, B. (2015). Evaluating the level of stakeholder involvement during the project planning processes of building projects. International Journal of Project Management, 33 (5), 985–997. doi: 10.1016/j.ijproman.2014.12.007
- Alzraiee, H., Zayed, T., Moselhi, O. (2015). Dynamic planning of construction activities using hybrid simulation. Automation in Construction, 49, 176–192. doi: 10.1016/j.autcon.2014.08.011
- Ochoa, J. J. (2014). Reducing plan variations in delivering sustainable building projects. Journal of Cleaner Production, 85, 276–288. doi: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2014.01.024
- Purnus, A., Bodea, C.-N. (2014). Correlation between Time and Cost in a Quantitative Risk Analysis of Construction Projects. Procedia Engineering, 85, 436–445. doi: 10.1016/j.proeng.2014.10.570
- Barkalov, S. A., Burkov, V. N., Gilyazov, N. M. (1999). Metody agregirovaniya v upravlenii proyektami. Moscow: IPU RAN, 55.
- Breyli, R., Mayyers, S. (2008). Printsipy korporativnykh finansov. Moscow: ZAO «Olimp-Biznes», 1008.
- Makkonell, K. R., Bryu, S. L. (1999). Ekonomiks: printsipy, problemy i politika. Moscow: INFRA-M, ХХХIV, 974.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Vladimir Babayev, Maria Sukhonos, Alona Starostina, Igor Beletsky
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.