Exploring the efficiency of applying fractal analysis for the process of decorative stone quality control
Keywords:fractal analysis, fractal, decorative stone, cracks, splits, microfracturing, blockiness, drilling productivity, geostatistical analysis, classification of deposits
The technique of fractal analysis of regularities in the fracturing formation for various deposits or their sections, which is based on the comparison of values of fractal dimensionality of the roses of fracturing, was developed. The groups of labradorite deposits were distinguished by index of fractal dimensionality, which allows developing standard technological solutions for each group in order to enhance the effectiveness of quality and productivity control over technological complexes. A map of spatial variability in fractal dimensionality of fracturing in the labradorite deposits of Ukraine was produced, the use of which will make it possible to increase efficiency of discovering new labradorite deposits, which will meet certain quality requirements The construction of this map will allow enhancing efficiency of the interpretation of conditions for the formation of particular deposits. The patterns of change in fractal dimensionality at the different structural levels were established and the methods for their prediction were developed, which will make it possible, by the results of exploring fractal dimensionality at one of the structural level, to predict their values for others to optimize the process of control over geological exploration and extraction operations. As a result of the performed experimental studies, the influence of fractal dimensionality of fracturing in the blast-hole drilling zone on the productivity of the process was proved. We created objective function of optimal process to control technological processes, based on geostructural and technological indices that were evaluated by generalizing index of fractal dimensionality. The objective function of optimal process of drilling the fractured array, which includes indices of fractal dimensionality of the drilling zone, was proposed.
- Sobolevskyi, R., Zuievska, N., Korobiichuk, V., Tolkach, O., Kotenko, V. (2016). Cluster analysis of fracturing in the deposits of decorative stone for the optimization of the process of quality control of block raw material. Eastern–European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (3 (83)), 21–29. doi: 10.15587/1729-4061.2016.80652
- Sobolevskyi, R., Korobiichuk, I., Nowicki, M., Szewczyk, R. (2016). Using cluster analysis for planning mining operations on the granite quarries. 16 th International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference Science and Technologies in Geology, Exploration and Mining, Book 1, 2, 263–270.
- Osipov, I. (2008). Issledovanie harakteristik raspredeleniya treschin v obraztsah gornyih porod sposobom lyuminestsentnoy defektoskopii. Dobyicha, obrabotka i primenenie prirodnogo kamnya, 1, 228–232.
- Latyishev, O., Syinbulatov, V., Osipov, I. (2008). Metodika izucheniya fraktalnyih harakteristik treschinovatosti gornyih porod. Dobyicha, obrabotka i primenenie prirodnogo kamnya, 1, 217–227.
- Osipov, I. (2008). Opredelenie fraktalnyih razmernostey treschin primenitelno k gornyim porodam Severouralskih boksitovyih mestorozhdeniy. Izvestiya UGGU. Materialyi Uralskoy gornopromyishlennoy dekadyi, 109–110.
- Eremizin, A. (2012). Zakonomernosti izmeneniya fraktalnyih harakteristik treschinnoy strukturyi pri nagruzhenii gornyih porod. Izvestiya vuzov. Gornyiy zhurnal, 2, 155–161.
- Vallejo, L. (2016). Fractal Analysis of the Cracking and Failure of Asphalt Pavements. Geotechnical and Structural Engineering Congress, 1176–1185. doi: 10.1061/9780784479742.098
- Sousa, L. M. O., Oliveira, A. S., Alves, I. M. C. (2015). Influence of fracture system on the exploitation of building stones: the case of the Mondim de Basto granite (north Portugal). Environmental Earth Sciences, 75 (1), 1–16. doi: 10.1007/s12665-015-4824-6
- Pershin, G. D., Ulyakov, M. S. (2015). Enhanced dimension stone production in quarries with complex natural jointing. Journal of Mining Science, 51 (2), 330–334. doi: 10.1134/s1062739115020167
- Mosch, S., Nikolayew, D., Ewiak, O., Siegesmund, S. (2010). Optimized extraction of dimension stone blocks. Environmental Earth Sciences, 63 (7-8), 1911–1924. doi: 10.1007/s12665-010-0825-7
- Luodes, H., Sutinen, H. (2011). Evaluation and modeling of natural stone rock quality using ground penetrating radar (GPR). Geological Survey of Finland. Special Paper, 49, 83–90.
- Kalenchuk, K. S., Diederichs, M. S., McKinnon, S. (2006). Characterizing block geometry in jointed rockmasses. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 43 (8), 1212–1225. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrmms.2006.04.004
- Repin, A. A., Smolyanitsky, B. N., Alekseev, S. E., Popelyukh, A. I., Timonin, V. V., Karpov, V. N. (2014). Downhole high-pressure air hammers for open pit mining. Journal of Mining Science, 50 (5), 929–937. doi: 10.1134/s1062739114050123
- Saeidi, O., Torabi, S. R., Ataei, M., Rostami, J. (2014). A stochastic penetration rate model for rotary drilling in surface mines. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 68, 55–65. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrmms.2014.02.007
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Ruslan Vadimovich Sobolevskyi, Valentyn Korobiichuk, Sergii Iskov, Iryna Pavliuk, Andrii Kryvoruchko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.