A multifactor analysis of the rail transport car that passes over a joint unevenness with respect to the phases ot its motion
Keywords:rolling stock, four-axle railroad car, rail track, ballast layer, joint unevenness, dispatching and receiving track rails
We have studied the influence of loading a four-axle railroad car, geometrical and mechanical characteristics of the rail, joint bars, sleepers, and a ballast layer on the parameters of static interaction between a railroad car and a rail track. The results obtained are universal and apply to railroad cars of any purpose: tram cars or passenger or freight cars for railroad transportation. The discrete-continuum model of the transport complex "railroad car − rail track" corresponds to the phase of car motion. The estimation schemes of static interaction relate to all four phases of the railroad car motion, as well as geometrical and structural parameters of the track dispatching and receiving rails and a four-axle railroad car. The structure of the research method and numerical algorithm implies determining the deflections of the track dispatching and receiving rails at the end, as well as the height of the joint that emerges in this case, depending on the car load.
Research into the influence of operating and structural parameters of a railroad car and the upper structure of a track on the static interaction between a railroad car and a rail track in the zone of a butt joint was carried out based on a comprehensive approach and general correlations in mechanics. We have calculated, in the transport systemic discrete-continuum mechanical complex "railroad car − rail track", using the methods of modeling and numerical analysis, the height of a joint unevenness depending on the phase of motion and load of the car. We established a parabolic character of the impact of a car load on the static interaction when passing over a joint unevenness, which corresponds to a monotonous growth in the height of a joint when increasing the load of a railroad car at all phases of its motion.
The obtained theoretical results allow practical implementation of the improvement of structural and operating parameters in the operation of a railroad car and the upper structure of a track through rational selection and optimization.
- Shpachuk, V. P., Daleka, V. Kh., Kovalenko, A. V. (2005). Stykova dynamika tramvaia. Kharkiv: KhNAMH, 150.
- Verigo, M. F., Kogan, A. Ya. (1986). Vzaimodeystvie puti i podvizhnogo sostava. Moscow: Transport, 559.
- Lazaryan, V. A. (1964). Dinamika vagonov. Ustoychivost' dvizheniya i kolebaniya. Moscow: Transport, 255.
- Shpachuk, V. P., Chuprynin, O. O., Suprun, T. O. (2014). Doslidzhennia vplyvu ekspluatatsiynykh faktoriv na statychni i dynamichni prohyny reikovoi koliyi v zoni stykovoi nerivnosti. Vibratsiyi v tekhnitsi ta tekhnolohiyakh, 4 (76), 100–108.
- Vinogradov, B. V. (2015). Ekvivalentnoe chislo tsiklov napryazheniy pri raschete na vynoslivost' otkrytyh zubchatyh peredach barabannyh mel'nits. Naukovyi visnyk NHU, 1, 72–76.
- Gursky, V., Kuzio, I. (2016). Strength and durability analysis of a flat spring at vibro-impact loadings. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (7 (83)), 4–10. doi: 10.15587/1729-4061.2016.79910
- Pukach, P. Ya., Kuzio, I. V. (2015). Resonance phenomena in quasi-zero stiffness vibration isolation systems. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, 3, 62–67.
- Vinogradov, B. V., Fedin, D. O. (2016). The stress state of heavy loaded open gearing with incomplete tooth contact. Scientific Bulletin of National Mining University, 3, 35–40.
- Kostovasilis, D., Ntotsios, E., Hussein, M. F. M., Thompson, D. J., Squicciarini, G. (2014). A holistic approach for the design and assessment of railway tracks. Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Structural Dynamics, EURODYN 2014. Porto, 855–861.
- Srihari, P., Azad, D., Sreeramulu, D. (2014). Optimization of rail inserts using finite element analysis. International Journal of Engineering, Science and Technology, 6 (2), 65. doi: 10.4314/ijest.v6i2.5
- Noorzaei, J., Thanoon, W. A. M., Yeat, W. F., Pour, P. M., Jaafar, M. S. (2009). Numerical modeling of railway track supporting system using finite-infinite and thin layer elements. IJE Transactions A: Basics, 22 (2), 131–144.
- Rose, J. G., Teixeira, P. F., Ridgway, N. E. (2010). Utilisation of Asphalt/Bituminous Layers and Coatings in Railway trackbeds. A Compendium of International Applications. Proceedings of the 2010 Joint Rail Conference. Urbana, Illinois.
- Andreatta, A., Theiner, Y., Hofstetter, G., Feix, J. (2013). A Drivable Slab Track Cover System For Railway Tunnels. Advances in Civil and Environmental Engineering, 01 (02), 84–98.
- Allan, J. (2012). Soil Mechanics of High Speed Rail Tracks. In Proc. 1st Civil and Environmental Engineering Student. Imperial College London, 206–212.
- Shpachuk, V. P., Chuprynin, O. O., Harbuz, A. O., Suprun, T. O. (2016). Rivni statychnoi vzaiemodiyi tramvaia z reikovoiu koliyeiu na chetvertiy fazi prokhodzhennia vahonom stykovoi nerivnosti. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats UkrDUZT, 162, 11–20.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 Vladimir Shpachuk, Aleksandr Chuprynin, Tatiana Suprun, Alla Garbuz
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.