Improvement of the structure of floating docks based on the study into the stresseddeformed state of pontoon
Keywords:floating composite dock, dock construction technology, reinforced-concrete sections, pontoon, strength of reinforced-concrete slabs
We have investigated the stressed-deformed state of reinforced concrete slabs of the composite dock pontoon with a reduced number of framing sets. A refined estimation scheme was applied in the calculation of bending plates of the slipway-deck and pontoon bottom, which accounts for the work of reinforcement structure in both directions. Accounting for the work of reinforcement structures in both directions makes it possible to accurately estimate the structural strength and provide recommendations on their design in terms of material consumption and optimal size. When modeling work of concrete, we took into consideration that concrete at stretching has a less rigidity for stretching than for compression.
It has been shown that the developed design and construction technology of the composite dock with a reduced number of framing sets in the pontoon makes it possible to expand the technological capabilities of dock construction. The results derived from the calculations of cumulative stresses in the slabs of the dock's pontoon stack-deck showed that the actual safety factors meet the requirements for strength. Given that the structure of concrete slabs perceives the moment of resistance that is several times larger than that of steel, it becomes possible to increase the span of a slab and to erect less supports-bulkheads. The result would be the reduced material costs and the decreased labor intensity of operations at dock construction.We have proposed a structure and a construction technology for a composite dock with a reduced number of framing sets in the pontoon. It has been shown that the erection of transverse bulkheads between the inner boards in 4 quadrats, that is, in 3 meters, as well as the absence of lack frames, and floors and beams, in concrete towers, makes it possible to reduce the amount of materials, as well as bring down the labor intensity of dock construction. This paper lists features for the selection of shipbuilding concrete intended to withstand extreme operating conditions of marine reinforced-concrete structures
- Rashkovskyi, O. S. et. al. (2015). Proektuvannia, tekhnolohiya i orhanizatsiya pobudovy kompozytnykh plavuchykh dokiv. Mykolaiv, 254.
- Mishutin, N. V., Mishutin, A. V. (2002). Zhelezobetonnye plavuchie sooruzheniya i perspektivy ih ispol'zovaniya. Visnyk ODABA, 6, 181–186.
- Shchedrolosev, A. V., Kirichenko, K. V. (2018). Analiz sostoyaniya stroitel'stva plavuchih dokov. Azərbaycan Dövlət Dəniz Akademiyasının Elmi Əsərləri, 1, 48–58.
- Rashkovskyi, A., Ermakov, D., Dong, Z. (2014). Innovative technologies in composite floating docks construction. Shipbuilding and marine infrastructure, 2, 93–102.
- Zhou, W., Hu, H., Zheng, W. (2013). Bearing capacity of reactive powder concrete reinforced by steel fibers. Construction and Building Materials, 48, 1179–1186. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2013.07.103
- Kim, J., LaFave, J. M. (2007). Key influence parameters for the joint shear behaviour of reinforced concrete (RC) beam–column connections. Engineering Structures, 29 (10), 2523–2539. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2006.12.012
- Melo, J., Varum, H., Rossetto, T. (2014). Cyclic behaviour of interior beam-column joints reinforced with plain bars. Earthquake Engineering & Structural Dynamics, 44 (9), 1351–1371. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.2521
- Hung, C.-C., Chueh, C.-Y. (2016). Cyclic behavior of UHPFRC flexural members reinforced with high-strength steel rebar. Engineering Structures, 122, 108–120. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2016.05.008
- Wang, D. H., Ju, Y. Z., Zheng, W. Z. (2017). Strength of Reactive Powder Concrete Beam-Column Joints Reinforced with High-Strength (HRB600) Bars Under Seismic Loading. Strength of Materials, 49 (1), 139–151. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11223-017-9852-x
- Graybeal, B., Tanesi, J. (2007). Durability of an Ultrahigh-Performance Concrete. Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 19 (10), 848–854. doi: https://doi.org/10.1061/(asce)0899-1561(2007)19:10(848)
- Bai, J., Sabir, B. B., Wild, S Kinuthia, J. M. (2000). Strength development in concrete incorporating PFA and metakaolin. Magazine of Concrete Research, 52 (3), 153–162. doi: https://doi.org/10.1680/macr.2000.52.3.153
- Dvorkin, L. Y., Zhytkovskyi, V. V., Skrypnyk, M. M., Kovalchuk, T. V. (2017). Efektyvnist betoniv na vitchyznianomu plastyfikatori. Budivnytstvo Ukrainy, 4, 10–12.
- Korostylev, L. I., Klimenkov, S. Yu., Sluckiy, N. G. (2009). Raschet prochnosti zhelezobetonnyh konstrukciy pontona kompozitnogo plavuchego doka metodom konechnyh elementov. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats NUK, 5, 19–25.
- Kyrychenko, K., Shchedrolosiev, O. (2018). Improvement of technology construction of composite floating docks of great lift. Science and Education a New Dimension, 158, 63–68.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 Oleksandr Shchedrolosiev, Leontiy Korostylov, Serhii Klymenkov, Oleksandr Uzlov, Kostiantyn Kyrychenko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.