Forming an automated technology to manage freight transportation along a direction
Keywords:railway transport, first and last miles, operation costs, risk function
The study investigated the process of rolling stock movement along a direction and took into consideration possible risks during transportation of freight. It revealed the main reasons, which cause effects of the first and last mile. They include, namely, the lack of the required number of technically sound rolling stock on scheduled time and significant difficulties with the passage of trains, specifically through port and border stations.
The study formalized the technological process of transportation of freight along a direction in the form of an optimization mathematical model of the process of movement of freight wagons. The objective function of the model represented total operation costs. Its basis was the Lebesgue-Stieltjes integral, which took into consideration the effect of the first and last mile. The model also took into consideration possible risks, which arise in the process of wagon operation. It is expedient to refer the built optimization model to the problems of stochastic programming.
The analysis of statistical data showed that the time required for wagons to move from an initial station of a route to a port station and the time required for movement of wagons from a port station directly to a port conform to normal distribution. The presence of a positive correlation between these two values gave reason to consider the corresponding parameters within a single probabilistic field. This approach made possible to determine probability of untimely arrival of wagons to a port more accurately and, accordingly, to determine a value of financial risk.The modeling proved that there was an extremum of the objective function of the minimum type, which made possible to form a procedure for optimal control of transport parameters. Thus, the generated model is universal in nature. It gives possibility to manage the transportation process with the lowest operational costs for the railway in the presence of feedback. Calculations showed a decrease in railway costs approximately by 10 % comparing with the costs calculated according to the existing method of determination of the actual cost of transportation of freight. The optimization model is the basis for formation of an automated technology for the management of freight traffic. We propose to implement it in the form of a system of decision support for the dispatcher staff
- Pro skhvalennia Natsionalnoi transportnoi stratehiyi Ukrainy na period do 2030 roku: Rozporiadzhennia Kabinetu ministriv Ukrainy vid 30 travnia 2018 r. No. 430-r. (2018). Kabinet ministriv Ukrainy. Ofitsiynyi visnyk Ukrainy, No. 52. P. 533. St. 1848. Kod akta 90720/2018.
- Rakhmangulov, A., Kolga, A., Osintsev, N., Stolpovskikh, I., Sladkowski, A. (2014). Mathematical model of optimal empty rail car distribution at railway transport nodes. Transport problems, 9 (3), 125–132.
- Fourie, C. J., Zhuwaki, N. T. (2017). А modelling framework for railway infrastructure reliability analysis. South African Journal of Industrial Engineering, 28 (4), 150–160. doi: https://doi.org/10.7166/28-4-1763
- Aly, M. H. F., Hemeda, H., El-sayed, M. A. (2016). Computer applications in railway operation. Alexandria Engineering Journal, 55 (2), 1573–1580. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aej.2015.12.028
- Butko, T., Prodashchuk, S., Bogomazova, G., Shelekhan, G., Prodashchuk, M., Purii, R. (2017). Improvement of technology for management of freight rolling stock on railway transport. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (3 (87)), 4–11. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.99185
- Calado, M., Barros, J., Nobre, E., Prata, B. (2017). A mixed integer programming approach for freight railcar distribution. Production, 27. doi: https://doi.org/10.1590/0103-6513.203815
- Butko, T., Prokhorov, V., Chekhunov, D. (2017). Devising a method for the automated calculation of train formation plan by employing genetic algorithms. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (3 (85)), 55–61. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.93276
- Bernacki, D., Lis, C. (2017). Statistical estimation and prediction of Annual Average Daily Traffic (AADT) on the first/last mile road sections in the Port of Szczecin. Ekonomiczne Problemy Usług, 128, 67–80. doi: https://doi.org/10.18276/epu.2017.128-05
- Ranieri, L., Digiesi, S., Silvestri, B., Roccotelli, M. (2018). A Review of Last Mile Logistics Innovations in an Externalities Cost Reduction Vision. Sustainability, 10 (3), 782. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/su10030782
- Gruzopotoki zheleznyh dorog Ukrainy – 2017. Centr transportnyh strategiy. Available at: https://cfts.org.ua/infographics/gruzopotoki_zheleznykh_dorog_ukrainy_2017
- Dovidnyk osnovnykh pokaznykiv roboty Rehionalnykh filiy PAT «Ukrainska zaliznytsia» (2002–2017 roky) (2018). PAT «Ukrzaliznytsia» Upravlinnia statystyky. Kyiv, 39.
- Skol'ko vsego lokomotivov u «Ukrzaliznyci». Centr transportnyh strategiy. Available at: https://cfts.org.ua/infographics/skolko_vsego_lokomotivov_u_ukrzaliznytsi
- Merkle, M., Marinescu, D., Merkle, M., Monea, M., Stroe, M. (2014). Lebesgue-Stieltjes integral and young's inequality. Applicable Analysis and Discrete Mathematics, 8 (1), 60–72. doi: https://doi.org/10.2298/aadm131211024m
- Rose, C., Smith, M. D. (1996). The Multivariate Normal Distribution. Mathematica Journal, 6, 32–37.
- Pro zatverdzhennia Statutu zaliznyts Ukrainy: Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 6 kvitnia 1998 r. No. 457 (1998). Kabinet Ministriv Ukrainy. Ofitsiynyi visnyk Ukrainy, No. 14. S. 150. St. 548. Kod akta 5167/1998.
- Pro zatverdzhennia Metodyky rozrakhunku taryfiv na perevezennia vantazhiv zaliznychnym transportom: Nakaz Ministerstva infrastruktury Ukrainy vid 20.06.2013 r. No. 418 (2013). Ministerstvo infrastruktury Ukrainy. Ofitsiynyi visnyk Ukrainy, No. 52. S. 212. St. 1906. Kod akta 67824/2013.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Tetiana Butko, Oleksii Kostiennikov, Larysa Parkhomenko, Viktor Prokhorov, Ganna Bogomazova
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.