Devising the formulation and technology for baking buns from flour of composite mixtures and sugar beet
Keywords:composite flour, bakery products, legumes, technology, baking, sugar beet
The composition of legumes and sugar beet contains a large number of useful mineral and vitamin substances. The use of composite flour from leguminous crops for the preparation of bakery products helps increase food and biochemical properties. The main objects of this research are chickpea flour, bean flour, dry sugar beet powder, and wheat flour of the first grade. The main problem is an insufficient amount of minerals and vitamins, so the purpose of this work is to enrich bakery products and replace sugar in the recipe with sugar beet powder. The results showed that composite flour and sugar beet increased calcium content by 13.54 mg/100 g, iron ‒ by 0.57 mg/100 g, potassium ‒ by 141.03 mg/100 g, phosphorus ‒ by 38.89 mg/100 g, vitamin A ‒ by 0.002 mg/100 g, vitamin B2 ‒ by 0.016 mg/100 g, vitamin E ‒ by 0.32 mg/100 g, and vitamin PP ‒ by 0.405 mg/100 g. Microbiological indicators meet the established norms and requirements; the amount of mesophilic aerobic and facultative-anaerobic microorganisms, yeast, and mold in the test bun was the least compared to the control sample. As a result, it was proved that the use of composite flour of leguminous crops contributes to an increase in the nutritional and biological values of bakery products, and the application of dried sugar beet powder makes it possible to completely exclude sugar from the formulation of the resulting product. Employing this technology and formulations for obtaining bakery products makes it possible to expand the range of bakery products, reduce the duration of the manufacturing process, improve the quality of finished products, increase labor productivity. That also contributes to the improvement of the socio-economic indicators of bakery and confectionery enterprises
- Agengo, F. B., Onyango, A. N., Serrem, C. A., Okoth, J. (2020). Efficacy of compositing with snail meat powder on protein nutritional quality of sorghum–wheat buns using a rat bioassay. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 100 (7), 2963–2970. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.10324
- Catapang, R. G. (2019). Acceptability of veggie-steamed bun. International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research, 8 (8), 1643–1647.
- Cevoli, C., Nallan Chakravartula, S. S., Rosa, M. D., Fabbri, A. (2019). Drying of coating on bun bread: Heat and mass transfer numerical model. Biosystems Engineering, 181, 1–10. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biosystemseng.2019.02.009
- Zhu, F., Li, J. (2019). Physicochemical properties of steamed bread fortified with ground linseed (Linum usitatissimum). International Journal of Food Science & Technology, 54 (5), 1670–1676. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/ijfs.14043
- Paznocht, L., Kotíková, Z., Orsák, M., Lachman, J., Martinek, P. (2019). Carotenoid changes of colored-grain wheat flours during bun-making. Food Chemistry, 277, 725–734. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2018.11.019
- Bostic, J. N., Palafox, S. J., Rottmueller, M. E., Jahren, A. H. (2015). Effect of baking and fermentation on the stable carbon and nitrogen isotope ratios of grain-based food. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, 29 (10), 937–947. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/rcm.7178
- Sacristán-Pérez-Minayo, G., López-Robles, D. J., Rad, C., Miranda-Barroso, L. (2020). Microbial Inoculation for Productivity Improvements and Potential Biological Control in Sugar Beet Crops. Frontiers in Plant Science, 11. doi: https://doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2020.604898
- Aksu, G., Altay, H. (2020). The Effects of Potassium Applications on Drought Stress in Sugar Beet. Sugar Tech, 22 (6), 1092–1102. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12355-020-00851-w
- Magomedov, M. G. (2014). The technology of paste from sugar beet obtaining. Vestnik Voronezhskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta inzhenernyh tekhnologiy, 3, 138–141.
- Ursunbayeva, S. A., Iztayev, R., Gomedov, R., Yakiyayeva, A., Uldabekova, B. Z. (2019). Study of the quality of low-class wheat and bread obtained by the accelerated test method. Periódico Tchê Química, 16 (33), 809–822. doi: https://doi.org/10.52571/ptq.v16.n33.2019.824_periodico33_pgs_809_822.pdf
- Iztayev, A., Kulazhanov, T. K., Yakiyayeva, M. A., Zhakatayeva, A. N., Baibatyrov, T. A. (2021). Method for the safe storage of sugar beets using an ion-ozone mixture. Acta Scientiarum Polonorum Technologia Alimentaria, 20 (1), 25–35. doi: https://doi.org/10.17306/j.afs.0865
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Madina Yakiyayeva , Bayan Muldabekova, Rauan Mukhtarkhanova, Pernekul Maliktayeva, Ainur Zheldybayeva, Galymzhan Nasrullin, Aigerim Toktarova
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.