The study and scientifical substantiation of critical control points in the life cycle of immunostimulating products such as pastila and marmalade
Keywords:critical control points, marmalade-pastila products, vitamin C, reducing substances
Based on the study results, this paper reports a technology to produce natural fruit and berry pastila and marmalade of improved nutritional and biological value with a long shelf life. Critical control points of product safety have been identified and scientifically substantiated. The technological process to prepare pastila and marmalade involves exposing the raw materials to high and low temperatures while maintaining certain indicators of the content of dry substances. The identification feature of marmalade products is the content of a certain type of fruit raw materials, which poses risks throughout the life cycle of product manufacturing despite the fact that the preparation and storage of the raw materials implies the temperature range from 0 °C to minus 15 °C. Problematic issues of mold occurrence have been considered. It was established that the moisture content in the product above 15 % leads to an increase in the content of mold fungi and significantly reduces its shelf life. This paper gives the results of a study to identify the preservation of vitamin C in products prepared from fresh berries and from berries subjected to freezing. It was revealed that in the process of storing the raw materials at a temperature of minus 15 °C, the amount of vitamin C in the resulting product decreased by 11.3 % compared to the product prepared from fresh raw materials. The maximum limit of the high preparation temperatures of 108 °C did not significantly affect the loss of vitamin C. Studies were conducted to determine the sugar content in products whereby a high fructose content was identified. Critical control points at all stages of production were determined, which has made it possible to choose the optimal technological modes and parameters for the safety and quality of the product
- Dymova, Yu. I., Reznichenko, I. Yu. (2019). Tovarovedenie i ekspertiza tovarov rastitel'nogo proiskhozhdeniya. Razdel 2: Tovarovedenie i ekspertiza konditerskih izdeliy. Kemerovo: KemGU, 84. Available at: https://e.lanbook.com/book/135247
- Belozerceva, O., Bajbolova, L., Alberto, С., Izteliyeva, R. (2020). Comparative characteristics of fruit pastiles for food value relating to safety in diabetes. Vestnik Gosudarstvennogo universiteta imeni Shakarima goroda Semey, 3 (91), 15–20. Available at: http://rmebrk.kz/magazine/4787#
- Piskunenko, K. R., Popov, V. G. (2020). Trends in production of functional marmalade. Proceedings of the Voronezh State University of Engineering Technologies, 82 (2), 72–76. doi: https://doi.org/10.20914/2310-1202-2020-2-72-76
- Obzory rynkov - Rynok konditerskih izdeliy. Mir. 2013 god. Available at: http://www.marketing.vc/view_markets.php?num=35290
- Statistics of industry. Available at: https://stat.gov.kz/official/industry/151/statistic/5
- Raskina, S. I., Nesterova, O. V., Biryukova, N. V., Kondrashev, S. V. (2018). Development of marmalade formulation with viburnum extract. Meditsinskoe obrazovanie i vuzovskaya nauka, 3 (13) - 4 (14), 118–120. Available at: https://www.sechenov.ru/upload/iblock/3f9/Meditsinskoe-obrazovanie-i-vuzovskaya-nauka-3_13_4_14_-2018.pdf
- Kizatova, M. Zh., Azimova, S. T., Kulazhanov, T. K., Medvedkov, E. B. (2018). Pat. No. 2892 KZ. Marmelad s pektinsoderzhaschim tykvennym kontsentratom. No. 2017/0251.2; declareted: 18.04.2017; published: 25.06.2018, Bul. No. 23. Available at: https://gosreestr.kazpatent.kz/Utilitymodel/Details?docNumber=278661
- Shoya, E. N., Gorbatovskaya, N. A., Ivannikova, N. V. (2015). Pat. No. 1649 KZ. Sposob proizvodstva zheleynogo fito-marmelada s otvarami lekarstvennyh trav i tselebnyh yagod. No. 2015/0301.2; declareted: 15.09.2015; published: 15.09.2016, Bul. No. 11. Available at: https://gosreestr.kazpatent.kz/Utilitymodel/Details?docNumber=255936
- Em, V. G., Mamaeva, L. A., Saparbekova, A. A., Alimov, R. A. (2010). Pat. No. 24486 KZ. Sposob polucheniya marmelada. No. 2010/0898.1; declareted: 08.07.2010; published: 15.09.2011, Bul. No. 9. Available at: https://gosreestr.kazpatent.kz/Invention/Details?docNumber=163953
- Chukenova, N. B. (2018). Pat. No. 4118 KZ. Sposob polucheniya vitaminnogo zheleynogo produkta iz ovoschey, fruktov i yagod. No. 2018/0794.2; declareted: 05.11.2018; published: 28.06.2019, Bul. No. 26. Available at: https://gosreestr.kazpatent.kz/Utilitymodel/Details?docNumber=302855
- Asenova, B. K., Kasymov, S. K., Tastemirova, U. U., Nurgazezova, A. N., Nurymhan, G. N. (2013). Pat. No. 28291 KZ. Marmelad svekol'niy dlya detskogo pitaniya. No. 2013/0934.1; declareted: 15.07.2013; published: 15.04.2014, Bul. No. 4. Available at: https://gosreestr.kazpatent.kz/Invention/Details?docNumber=223125
- Krolevets, A. A. (2018). Pat. No. 2672320 RU. Sposob polucheniya marmelada, soderzhaschego nanostrukturirovanniy topinambur. No. 2018106007; declareted: 16.02.2018; published: 13.11.2018, Bul. No. 32. Available at: https://i.moscow/patents/RU2672320C1_20181113
- Emelike, N. J. T., Akusu, O. M. (2019). Quality Attributes of Jams and Marmalades Produced from Some Selected Tropical Fruits. Journal of Food Processing & Technology, 10 (5), 790. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/333455085_Quality_Attributes_of_Jams_and_Marmalades_Produced_from_Some_Selected_Tropical_Fruits
- Shmatchenko, N., Artamonova, M., Aksonova, O., Oliinyk, S. (2018). Investigation of the properties of marmalade with plant cryoadditives during storage. Food Science and Technology, 12 (1), 82–89. doi: https://doi.org/10.15673/fst.v12i1.843
- Balvardi, M., Ayoubi, A., Hajimohammadi-Farimani, R. (2021). Optimization of plum marmalade formulation containing date syrup using constrained mixture design. Iranian Journal of Food Science and Technology, 18 (112), 223–235. Available at: https://www.sid.ir/en/Journal/ViewPaper.aspx?ID=822017
- Seymen, S., Ozcan-Sinir, G., Copur, O. U. (2020). Physicochemical and Quality Properties of Pumpkin (Cucurbita moschara Duch.) Jam, Marmalade and Fruit Leather. Philippine Agricultural Scientist, 103 (3). Available at: https://pas.cafs.uplb.edu.ph/2020/september-2020-vol-103-no-3/
- Estaji, M., Mohammadi-Moghaddam, T., Gholizade-Eshan, L., Firoozzare, A., Hooshmand-Dalir, M.-A.-R. (2020). Physicochemical characteristics, sensory attributes, and antioxidant activity of marmalade prepared from black plum peel. International Journal of Food Properties, 23 (1), 1979–1992. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/10942912.2020.1835954
- Savaş, E., Tavşanlı, H., Çatalkaya, G., Çapanoğlu, E., Tamer, C. E. (2020). The antimicrobial and antioxidant properties of garagurt: traditional Cornelian cherry (Cornus mas) marmalade. Quality Assurance and Safety of Crops & Foods, 12 (2), 12–23. doi: https://doi.org/10.15586/qas.v12i2.627
- Özbek, T., Şahin-Yeşilçubuk, N., Demirel, B. (2019). Quality and Nutritional Value of Functional Strawberry Marmalade Enriched with Chia Seed (Salvia hispanica L.). Journal of Food Quality, 2019, 1–8. doi: https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/2391931
- Sicari, V., Pellicanò, T. M., Laganà, V., Poiana, M. (2017). Use of orange by‐products (dry peel) as an alternative gelling agent for marmalade production: Evaluation of antioxidant activity and inhibition of HMF formation during different storage temperature. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, 42 (2), e13429. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/jfpp.13429
- Magomedov, G. O., Zhuravlev, A. A., Lobosova, L. A., Zhurakhova, S. N. (2018). Optimization of prescription composition of jelly masses using the Scheffe's symplex plan. Foods and Raw Materials, 6 (1), 71–78. doi: https://doi.org/10.21603/2308-4057-2018-1-71-78
- Karasakal, A. (2020). Determination of Major, Minor, and Toxic Elements in Tropical Fruits by ICP-OES After Different Microwave Acid Digestion Methods. Food Analytical Methods, 14 (2), 344–360. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12161-020-01884-3
- Yerenova, B. Ye., Pronina, Yu., Medvedkov, Е. B. (2016). Production of melon-based juices with enriching herbal supplements. Bulgarian Journal of Agricultural Science, 22 (5), 840–848. Available at: https://www.agrojournal.org/22/05-22.pdf
- Yerenova, B., Pronina, Yu., Penov, N., Mihalev, K., Kalcheva-Karadzhova, K., Dinkova, R., Shikov, V. (2019). Optimization of the mixed melon-berry juice composition, using simplex centroid experimental design. Comptes rendus de l’Acade'mie bulgare des Sciences, 72 (12), 1713–1722. doi: https://doi.org/10.7546/crabs.2019.12.16
- Zhirenchina, Z., Kizatova, M., Donchenko, L., Nikitchina, T. (2016). Influence varieties of apples on the functional and technological properties of pectin substances. Sbornik statey nauchno-informatsionnogo tsentra «Znanie» po materialam XIII mezhdunarodnoy zaochnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii: «Razvitie nauki v XXI veke» 1 chast'. Kharkiv: Nauchno-Informatsionniy Tsentr «Znanie», 91–96. Available at: http://bodnarl.vk.vntu.edu.ua/file/f09bb4a478df3aebd6c11c16a534ccf1.pdf
- Patterson, T., Isales, C. M., Fulzele, S. (2021). Low level of Vitamin C and dysregulation of Vitamin C transporter might be involved in the severity of COVID-19 Infection. Aging and Disease, 12 (1), 14–26. doi: https://doi.org/10.14336/ad.2020.0918
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Olga Belozertseva, Lyazzat Baibolova, Yuliya Pronina, Alberto Cepeda, Dinara Tlevlessova
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.