Developing a procedure for controlling the rheological properties of dough during its kneading based on a parametric model
Keywords:rheology, dough, organoleptic, procedure, elasticity, force, kneading machine, deformation, dispersion
This work is aimed at developing a procedure for controlling the rheological properties of wheat dough during its kneading based on a parametric model. Dough kneading is the most important technological operation in the production of bakery products. When organoleptically assessing the consistency of the dough, it is difficult to accurately determine its rheological properties while maintaining the mass of water and its intensity at a constant level of the mass of the kneaded dough, considering the processed flour. However, our proposed procedure can solve these problems. According to the results obtained, it was experimentally found that the nature of changes in the specific intensity of dough kneading, which contributed to obtaining the best quality bread at a kneading body rotational speed of 150 rpm, is optimal. The dough kneading intensity leads to a reduction in the kneading time from 290 s at nm=60 rpm to 90 s at nm=240 rpm. The optimal duration of dough kneading was 124 s.
The results make it possible to determine the water absorption capacity of flour in the production of bakery products, considering its baking properties and dough recipe, and, accordingly, the optimal moisture content of the dough
- Erkebaev, M. Zh., Kulazhanov, T. K., Medvedkov, E. B. (2006). Osnovy reologii pischevykh produktov. Almaty, 298.
- Erkebaev, M. Zh., Medvedkov, E. B., Gadzhiev, T. I,, Seydekhanov, A. S., Erzhanov, N. M. (2007). Intensifikatsiya protsessov mekhanicheskoy obrabotki pischevykh mass. Almaty, 298.
- Erkebaev, M. Zh., Medvedkov, E. B., Isabekova, L. S., Mateev, E. Z. (2014). Azyқ-tүlіk өnіmderіnің reologiyalyқ negіzderі. Almaty, 256.
- Bobkov, V. A. (2008). Vliyanie funktsional'nykh komponentov na reologicheskie svoystva pshenichnogo testa. Konditerskoe i khlebopekarnoe proizvodstvo, 12, 14–15.
- Menli, D. (2003). Muchnye konditerskie izdeliya. Sankt-Peterburg: GIORD, 558.
- Puchkova, L. I., Polandova, R. D., Matveeva, I. V. (2005). Tekhnologiya khleba, konditerskikh i makaronnykh izdeliy. Sankt-Peterburg: GIORD, 557.
- Zheng, Н. Н. (1998). Rheological properties of wheat flour dough. Massey University, 137.
- Lindborg, K. M., Trägårdh, C., Eliasson, A.-C., Dejmek, P. (1997). Time-Resolved Shear Viscosity of Wheat Flour Doughs – Effect of Mixing, Shear Rate, and Resting on the Viscosity of Doughs of Different Flours. Cereal Chemistry Journal, 74 (1), 49–55. doi: https://doi.org/10.1094/cchem.19188.8.131.52
- Martinant, J. P., Nicolas, Y., Bouguennec, A., Popineau, Y., Saulnier, L., Branlard, G. (1998). Relationships Between Mixograph Parameters and Indices of Wheat Grain Quality. Journal of Cereal Science, 27 (2), 179–189. doi: https://doi.org/10.1006/jcrs.1997.0156
- Janssen, A. M., van Vliet, T., Vereijken, J. M. (1996). Fundamental and Empirical Rheological Behaviour of Wheat Flour Doughs and Comparison with Bread Making Performance. Journal of Cereal Science, 23 (1), 43–54. doi: https://doi.org/10.1006/jcrs.1996.0004
- Kuktaite, R., Larsson, H., Johansson, E. (2007). The Influence of Dough Mixing Time on Wheat Protein Composition and Gluten Quality for Four Commercial Flour Mixtures. Wheat Production in Stressed Environments, 543–548. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/1-4020-5497-1_66
- Faubion, J. M., Dreese, P. C., Diehl, K. C. (1985). Dynamic rheological testing of wheat flour doughs. Rheology of Wheat Products, 91–116.
- Safari-Ardi, M., Phan-Thien, N. (1998). Stress Relaxation and Oscillatory Tests to Distinguish Between Doughs Prepared from Wheat Flours of Different Varietal Origin. Cereal Chemistry Journal, 75 (1), 80–84. doi: https://doi.org/10.1094/cchem.19184.108.40.206
- Zheng, H., Morgenstern, M. P., Campanella, O. H., Larsen, N. G. (2000). Rheological Properties of Dough During Mechanical Dough Development. Journal of Cereal Science, 32 (3), 293–306. doi: https://doi.org/10.1006/jcrs.2000.0339
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Elvira Mailybayeva, Alimzhan Imanbayev, Gulmira Yessirkep, Saltanat Mussayeva, Azret Shingissov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.