Development of models and means of the server part of the system for passenger traffic registration of public transport in the "smart" city
Keywords:"smart" city, system for passenger traffic registration of public transport, information and software models
We built a structure of the server part of the system for passenger traffic registration of city public transport. The developed structure is based on a module principle, which provides simple and fast replacement of particular module in case of its failure. As a result, improved reliability of the system as a whole is achieved, as well as smooth scaling and an increase in the system capacity in future. The algorithm of functioning of the server part of the system for passenger traffic registration of city public transport is developed. Its features are the use of systemic approach to the implementation of incoming data processing and the automation of work of the human-machine system. This made it possible to check correctness of the initial processed data and clearly represent results of calculation of passenger traffic parameters. We developed and implemented specialized software for the server part of the system for passenger traffic registration of public transport. The software is based on the three-level model and implements all the above-mentioned features of the device. Specialized software employs modern approaches of object-oriented programming, including the use of Web frameworks. An information model is developed that ensures reliable data exchange between a client and a server of the system. The model includes a range of modern technologies and protocols. These technologies include video data collection using IP cameras, data transfer with the help of 3G, storing them in a relational DB and on disk space of FTP Server, data processing using the list data structures and storing of statistics in the form of XML files. Accordingly, the developed software is based on the application of modern protocols for the collection, transmission, processing and storage of data (TCP/IP, MySQL Client/Server Protocol, HTTP, FTP, etc.). The technologies and protocols applied allow us to effectively organize the transfer and processing of incoming video, photo- and text data.
We developed and implemented technical provision of the server part of the system for passenger traffic registration of public transport. This product provides low cost of technical solution and is based on the use of low-cost components that ensure reliable operation of the system in full.
Results of using developed system are presented, in particular: reports that are generated using the developed system that reflect a full picture of the passenger traffic along the vehicle route. The designed and developed system for passenger traffic registration of public transport is verified at ATP "Mens-Auto" and "Etalon" in the city of Ternopil (Ukraine). Obtained data allow us to state that the system operates properly and correctly.
- Zhuhadar, L., Thrasher, E., Marklin, S., de Pablos, P. O. (2017). The next wave of innovation – Review of smart cities intelligent operation systems. Computers in Human Behavior, 66, 273–281. doi: 10.1016/j.chb.2016.09.030
- Byun, J., S. Kim, Sa, J., Kim, S., Shin, Y.-T., Kim, J.-B. (2016). Smart City Implementation Models Based on IoT Technology. Advanced Science and Technology Letters, 129, 209–212. doi: 10.14257/astl.2016.129.41
- Mazur, V. (2016). Planning of routes based on distribution of passenger flows in time and space. 2016 XII International Conference on Perspective Technologies and Methods in MEMS Design (MEMSTECH). doi: 10.1109/memstech.2016.7507541
- Gaur, A., Scotney, B., Parr, G., McClean, S. (2015). Smart City Architecture and its Applications Based on IoT. Procedia Computer Science, 52, 1089–1094. doi: 10.1016/j.procs.2015.05.122
- Park, Y., Rue, S. (2015). Analysis on Smart City service technology with IoT. Korea institute of information Technology Review, 13 (2), 31–37.
- Nowicka, K. (2014). Smart City Logistics on Cloud Computing Model. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 151, 266–281. doi: 10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.10.025
- Boreiko, O., Teslyuk, V. (2016). Structural model of passenger counting and public transport tracking system of smart city. 2016 XII International Conference on Perspective Technologies and Methods in MEMS Design (MEMSTECH). doi: 10.1109/memstech.2016.7507533
- Stefanovych, T., Shcherbovskykh, S., Drozdziel, P. (2015). The reliability model for failure cause analysis of pressure vessel protective fittings with taking into account load-sharing effect between valves. Diagnostyka, 16 (4), 17–24.
- Mulyak, О., Yakovyna, V., Volochiy, B. (2015). Influence of software reliability models on reliability measures of software and hardware systems. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4 (9 (76)), 53–57. doi: 10.15587/1729-4061.2015.47336
- Olaverri-Monreal, C. (2016). Intelligent Technologies for Mobility in Smart Cities. Hiradastechnika Journal, 71, 29–34.
- Jamil, M. S., Jamil, M. A., Mazhar, A., Ikram, A., Ahmed, A., Munawar, U. (2015). Smart Environment Monitoring System by Employing Wireless Sensor Networks on Vehicles for Pollution Free Smart Cities. Procedia Engineering, 107, 480–484. doi: 10.1016/j.proeng.2015.06.106
- Gilmore, S., Reijsbergen, D. (2015). Validation of Automatic Vehicle Location Data in Public Transport Systems. Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science, 318, 31–51. doi: 10.1016/j.entcs.2015.10.018
- Di Pasquale, G., Santos, A. S. dos, Leal, A. G., Tozzi, M. (2016). Innovative Public Transport in Europe, Asia and Latin America: A Survey of Recent Implementations. Transportation Research Procedia, 14, 3284–3293. doi: 10.1016/j.trpro.2016.05.276
- Leccese, F., Cagnetti, M., Trinca, D. (2014). A Smart City Application: A Fully Controlled Street Lighting Isle Based on Raspberry-Pi Card, a ZigBee Sensor Network and WiMAX. Sensors, 14 (12), 24408–24424. doi: 10.3390/s141224408
- Kamble, K. P. (2012). Smart Vehicle Tracking System. International Journal of Distributed and Parallel Systems, 3 (4), 91–98. doi: 10.5121/ijdps.2012.3410
- Bischof, S., Karapantelakis, A., Nechifor, C.-S., Sheth, A., Mileo, A., Barnaghi, P. (2014). Semantic Modelling of Smart City Data. Proc. W3C Workshop on the Web of Things, 1–5. Available at: http://www.w3.org/2014/02/wot/papers/karapantelakis.pdf
- Boreiko, O., Teslyuk, V. (2016). Developing a controller for registering passenger flow of public transport for the “smart” city system. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (3 (84)), 40–46. doi: 10.15587/1729-4061.2016.84143
- Denysyuk, P. (2007). Usage of XML for Fluidic MEMS Database Design. 2007 International Conference on Perspective Technologies and Methods in MEMS Design. doi: 10.1109/memstech.2007.4283450
- Scale out with Ubuntu Server. Ubuntu. Available at: https://www.ubuntu.com/server
- Kotov, D. V., Kostarev, A. F. (2008). PHP 5. Saint Petersburg: BHV-Peterburg, 1104.
- Documentation. Available at: https://framework.zend.com/learn
- Laurie, B., Laurie, P. (2002). Apache: The Definitive Guide. Publisher: O'Reilly Media, 590.
- Yarger, Р. (2000). MySQL and mSQL. Database for small businesses and Internet. Saint Petersburg: Symvol-Plus, 560.
- Pure-FTPd. Available at: https://www.pureftpd.org/project/pure-ftpd/doc
- Intel Pentium Processor G3260 (3M Cache, 3.30 GHz). Intel. Available at: http://ark.intel.com/ru/products/87356/Intel-Pentium-Processor-G3260-3M-Cache-3_30-GHz
- Servernaja pamjat' Kingston. Kingston Technology Corporation. Available at: http://www.kingston.com/ru/memory/server
- Lutz, M. (2011). Programming Python. Vol. 1. Saint Petersburg: Symvol-Plus, 992.
- Greenberg, M. (2014). Development of web applications using Flask in Python. Moscow: DMK, 272.
- Chan, W., Bissex, P., Forse, D. (2015). Django. Developing web applications in Python. Saint Petersburg: Symvol-Plus, 456.
- Welcome to NGINX Wiki’s documentation! Available at: https://www.nginx.com/resources/wiki/
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Oleh Boreiko, Vasyl Teslyuk, Andriy Zelinskyy, Oleh Berezsky
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.