Evaluation of energy efficiency of solar roofing using mathematical and experimental research
Keywords:solar roofing, heat supply system, energy efficiency, solar system, solar collector, solar energy
A relevant issue today is the principle of energy efficiency and rational use of energy resources. At present, solar heating systems with conventional solar collectors are quite expensive. Given this, we designed and patented a solar roofing, which combines the functions of a solar collector and a metal corrugated part of the pitched roof. The feature of solar roofing is that its heat absorber is made of the corrugated roofing material of the building. This makes it possible to significantly reduce the cost of the solar system, improve its strength and simplify the design.
Comprehensive solution of the issues of fixing solar collectors directly to the elements of the roof has broad prospects because, in this case, the possibility of replacing a part of the roof with them can be implemented. This eliminates additional load on the carrying structures and reduces the cost of solar heating in general. We developed a mathematical model of the work of a solar roofing in the heating system, which is a dependence of calculation of heating temperature of the heat carrier in the tank-accumulator on intensity of the heat flow and period of radiation. It was established that at changing incident angles of the heat flow from 90º to 30º, effectiveness of solar roofing reduces insignificantly compared with the flat solar collectors.
We improved dependences of change in the efficiency of solar heating systems using a solar roofing on the direction and velocity of the air flow. It is established that energy efficiency of a solar roofing is larger affected by velocity of air flow, while its direction is less important.
- Freris, L., Infield, D. (2008). Renewable Energy in Power Systems. UK: A John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, Publication, 303.
- Pluta, Z. (2007). Sloneczne instalacje energetzczne. Warsyava: Oficyna Wydawnicza Politechniki Warszawskiej, 246.
- Lorenz, P., Pinner, D., Seitz, T. (2008). The economics of solar power. The McKinsey Quarterly, 19.
- Hantula, R. (2010). Science in the Real World: How Do Solar Panels Work? NY: Chelsea House Publishers, 32.
- Wisniewski, G., Golebiowski, S., Grzciuk, M. et. al. (2008). Kolektorz Sloneczne. Energia słoneczna w mieszkalnictwie, hotelarstwie i drobnzm pryemysle. Warszawa: Medium, 201.
- Maczulak, A. (2010). Renewable energy: Sources and Methods. NY: Infobase Publishing, 208.
- Mysak, Y. S., Voznyak, O. T., Dats'ko, O. S., Shapoval, S. P. (2014). Sonyachna enerhetyka: teoriya ta praktyka. Lviv: Vydavnytstvo Lvivs'koyi politekhniky, 340.
- Pona, O. M., Voznyak, O. T. (2014). Efektyvnist' heliopokrivli v hravitatsiyniy systemi teplopostachannya. Stroitel'stvo, materialovedenie, mashinostroenie, 76, 231–235.
- Hal'chak, V., Boyarchuk, V. (2008). Al'ternatyvni dzherela enerhiyi. Lviv: Aral, 135.
- Solovey, O. I., Leha, Yu. H., Rozen, V. P. et. al. (2007). Netradytsiyni ta ponovlyuval'ni dzherela enerhiyi. Cherkasy: ChDTU, 483.
- Shapoval, S. P., Voznyak, O. T., Pona, O. M. (2014). Pat. No. 92009 UA. Enerhoefektyvnyy budynok. MPK (2014.01) F24J 2/02 (2006.01) F24D 15/00. No. u 201401792; declareted: 24.02.2014; published: 25.07.2014, Bul. No. 14, 4.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Yosyf Mysak, Ostap Pona, Stepan Shapoval, Marta Kuznetsova, Tetiana Kovalenko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.