Formation of a cumulative model for managing the value of construction projects
Keywords:project management, engineering, architecture, balanced value, synergetic effect, decision making
AbstractThe model, which effectively contributes to creation of maximum reasonable value of construction projects, was proposed. The proposed system is characterized by the fact that due to its convenient coherence, it adjusts the influence of its separate methods (elements) on project value in a cumulative manner. The need for such a model was driven by global challenges, such as necessity to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and to increase power efficiency of satisfaction of social needs. Characteristic feature of the proposed model is that it is composed of six interacting components, which collectively are self-sufficient for efficient engineering and management of construction projects. This concept is presented in the form of a "crystal" of cumulative application of three pairs of methods. The first pair includes value engineering and building information model. The second pair includes "benefits-costs" analysis and the theory of dynamics of project value. The third pair includes profiling of contract systems and pricing strategies. Each element of the proposed model, playing its natural role, coherently complements and reinforces its other elements. This model allows balanced decision making in terms of availability of various competing priorities of all stakeholders. The key priority of the cumulative model is preventive reaction to potential problems in the course of project implementation. It was established that the aforementioned pairs of methods and the model in general bring convenient and efficient synergy to architecture, engineering and management of construction projects. The synergy, which is a basic feature of the proposed model, provides a presence of two characteristics at the same time: complete coverage of project tasks that are solved and convenient compactness. It is the main advantage of the Crystal model of value management. Dynamics of usefulness and value of the project of office center construction within several consecutive sessions of model application model was calculated, it was shown that quality of project result almost reached its maximum. It demonstrates feasibility of further research in this direction and expansion of a range of projects of model application
- Bushuyev, D. (2016). Immune memory as a management tool enterprise development program. Management of Development of Complex Systems, 25, 11–16.
- Kutsenko, M. (2011). Mental space formation and network knowledge creation in innovation programs development. Management of Development of Complex Systems, 8, 28–34.
- Nikolaiev, V. P., Nikolaieva, T. V. (2014). Suchasna systema znan z ekonomiky ta upravlinnia budivelnymy obiektamy. Budivelne vyrobnytstvo, 56, 83–88.
- Sudak, V. S. (2016). Poniattia suti BIM - tekhnolohyi, problemy yikh rozrobky i vprovadzhennia v Ukraini. Tezy vystupu na naradi PK-4 TK-311. Available at: http://www.infobud.com.ua/vse-pro-svitovi-tendenci%D1%97-rozvitku-v-galuzi-budivnictva-proektuvannya-budivnictvo-ta-ekspluataciya/peredumovi-vprovadzhennya-vim-v-ukra%D1%97ni/ponyattya-suti-vim-texnologij-problemi-%D1%97x-rozrobki/
- Pechenov, S. L. (2016). Kompleksni systemy proektuvannia ta upravlinnia budivnytstvom iz zastosuvanniam povnoi informatsyinoi modeli obiekta (BIM). Perspektyvy rozvytku – zarubizhnyi ta vitchyznianyi dosvid. Materialy konferentsyi – Ivano-Frankivsk: Mizhrehionalnyi naukovyi informatsiino-analitychnyi tsentr «Infobud». Available at: http://www.infobud.com.ua/vse-pro-svitovi-tendenci%D1%97-rozvitku-v-galuzi-budivnictva-proektuvannya-budivnictvo-ta-ekspluataciya/peredumovi-vprovadzhennya-vim-v-ukra%D1%97ni/kompleksni-sistemi-proektuvannya-i-upravlinnya-budivnictvom/
- Value Methodology Standard and Body of Knowledge (2007). – SAVE International. Available at: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/nr/rdonlyres/34ffe1e3-bcc1-444d-93e4-d4dcf6ba3c3b/0/whatisve.pdf
- ICC Model Turnkey Contract for Major Projects (2014). Kyiv: Association “ZED”, 184.
- Integrated project delivery: a guide (2007). AIA. Available at: https://info.aia.org/SiteObjects/files/IPD_Guide_2007.pdf
- Didkovskaya, O. V., Mamayeva, O. A., Ilyina, M. V. (2016). Development of Cost Engineering System in Construction. Procedia Engineering, 153, 131–135. doi: 10.1016/j.proeng.2016.08.092
- Rachwan, R., Abotaleb, I., Elgazouli, M. (2016). The Influence of Value Engineering and Sustainability Considerations on the Project Value. Procedia Environmental Sciences, 34, 431–438. doi: 10.1016/j.proenv.2016.04.038
- Cheng, J. C. P., Vincent, J. L. (2013). Integrating Agent-Based Human Behavior Simulation with Building Information Modeling for Building Design. International Journal of Engineering and Technology, 473–477. doi: 10.7763/ijet.2013.v5.600
- Yellowly, I. (2011). Engineering design: structure, value and assessment. Proceedings of the Canadian Engineering Education Association. doi: 10.24908/pceea.v0i0.3762
- Surya Theja Reddy, A., Polisetty, S. (2016). Application of Value Engineering in Building Construction. International Journal of Latest Trends in Engineering and Technology, 8 (1), 239–244. doi: 10.21172/1.81.032
- Lee, S.-K., Yu, J.-H. (2011). Critical Success Factors for Project Management Information System in Construction. Journal of Construction Engineering and Project Management, 1 (1), 25–30. doi: 10.6106/jcepm.2011.1.1.025
- A guide to the project management body of knowledge (PMBOK guide) (2013). USA: Project Management Institute, 589.
- Ohara, S. (2005). P2M: A guidebook of project and program management for enterprise innovation. Vol. 1. Tokyo: Project Management Professionals Certification Center (PMCC).
- Bushuyev, S., Boyko, O. (2016). System integration approaches in management of construction projects. Management of Development of Complex Systems, 26, 43–48.
- Bugrov, O. V., Bugrova, O. O. (2016). Functional analysis of regional development programs. Management of Development of Complex Systems, 26, 30–36.
- Saati, T. (1993). Prinyatie resheniy: Metod analiza ierarhiy. Moscow: Radio i svyaz', 278.
- Bugrova, O. O. (2005). Basics of project value dynamic theory. Economics & State, (29), 44–46.
- Kepner, C. H., Tregoe, B. B. (1965). The Rational Manager. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Kaplan, R. S., Norton, D. P. (1992). The Balanced Scorecard: Measures that Drive Performance. Harvard Business Review, 70 (1), 71–79.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Olexander Bugrov, Olena Bugrova
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.