Evaluation of the railway traffic safety level using the additive resultant indicator
Keywords:traffic safety, method of assessing the level of traffic safety, complex indicator
A comprehensive approach to determining the level of safety of train traffic on the objects of the railway infrastructure was proposed. This approach involves taking into account a wide range of factors of influence when determining the safety level. These factors include technical means, personnel management, production practice and investments to the traffic safety. Each factor is characterized by its indicators. The total number of indicators is twelve. They have different dimensionality. In this case, the problem of complex estimation is considered as a multicriteria optimization problem. Solution to this problem is proposed using an additive resultant indicator. It was proposed to introduce a term that determines quality of the safe operation of the sector dealing with transportation of goods and passengers: the level of safety of the transportation process at an infrastructure object. As a criterion for assessing the traffic safety, a resultant additive indicator was formed which determines the level of traffic safety of the train traffic at an infrastructure object. This indicator represents the sum of monotonically growing positive additive functions each of which has its weight (weight factor). The resultant indicator is dimensionless and does not exceed the value of 1. In determining the weight factors, the method of expert estimates is used.
The proposed method of assessment of traffic safety will provide analysis of the situation at the railway range at a higher quality level. It is possible to identify more dangerous infrastructure objects that affect the overall level of safety of the railway net. Application of this method will optimize allocation of resources to ensure traffic safety while adhering to its permissible level. The method can be used in the design of infrastructure projects to determine their level of safety in the process of transportation of goods and passengers.
- Transportna stratehiya Ukrainy na period do 2020 roku (2010). Kabinet Ministriv Ukrainy, No. 2174-r. Available at: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2174-2010-р
- Pro zatverdzhennia Polozhennia pro klasyfikatsiyu transportnykh podiy na zaliznytsiakh Ukrainy (2017). Ministerstvo Infrastruktury Ukrainy No. 235. Available at: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0904-17
- ISO/IEC 31010:2009. Risk management – Risk assessment techniques (IDT) (2009). International Organization for Standardization, 176. Available at: https://www.iso.org/standard/51073.html
- Schabe, H. (2001). Different principles used for determination of tolerable hazard rates. Conference Proceeding, 1, 435–442. Available at: https://uic.org/cdrom/2001/wcrr2001/pdf/poster/3_5/041.pdf
- Rozsokha, O. V., Smachylo, Yu. V. (2016). Analiz i osoblyvosti isnuiuchykh naukovykh pidkhodiv shchodo vyznachennia rivnia bezpeky rukhu. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats DETUT, 28, 202–214.
- An, M. (2013). An Intelligent Railway Safety Risk Assessment Support System for Railway Operation and Maintenance Analysis. The Open Transportation Journal, 7 (1), 27–42. doi: 10.2174/1874447801307010027
- Peng, Z., Lu, Y., Miller, A., Johnson, C., Zhao, T. (2014). Risk Assessment of Railway Transportation Systems using Timed Fault Trees. Quality and Reliability Engineering International, 32 (1), 181–194. doi: 10.1002/qre.1738
- Leitner, B. (2017). A General Model for Railway Systems Risk Assessment with the Use of Railway Accident Scenarios Analysis. Procedia Engineering, 187, 150–159. doi: 10.1016/j.proeng.2017.04.361
- Mahboob, Q. (2014). A Bayesian network methodology for railway risk, safety and decision support. Dresden, 153. Available at: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/2825/f8432dec94c4af485b4c4b98516a298fbc8f.pdf
- Joung, E., Oh, S., Park, S., Kim, G. (2009). Safety criteria and development methodology for the safety critical railway software. INTELEC 2009 – 31st International Telecommunications Energy Conference. doi: 10.1109/intlec.2009.5351957
- Liu, J. T., Tang, T., Zhu, J. B., Zhao, L. (2016). An extended system-theoretic hazard analysis method for the safety of high-speed railway train control systems. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part F: Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit, 231 (8), 821–834. doi: 10.1177/0954409716664931
- Wigger, P. (2007). Experience with Safety Integrity Level (SIL) allocation in railway applications. WCRR, 25–29. Available at: http://www.railway-research.org/IMG/pdf/043.pdf
- Tarasov, V. A., Gerasimov, B. M., Levin, I. A., Korneychuk, V. A. (2007). Intellektual'nye sistemy podderzhki prinyatiya resheniy: Teoriya, sintez, effektivnost'. Kyiv: MAKSN, 336.
- Gutkin, L. S. (1975). Optimizatsiya radioelektronnyh ustroystv po sovokupnosti pokazateley kachestva. Moscow: Radio i svyaz', 367.
- Brahman, T. R. (1984). Mnogokriterial'nost' i vybor al'ternativy v tekhnike. Moscow: Radio i svyaz', 287.
- Hamhanova, D. N. (2006). Teoreticheskie osnovy obespecheniya edinstva ekspertnyh izmereniy. Ulan-Ude: VSGTU, 170.
- Popov, G. V. (2003). Vybor resheniy i bezopasnost'. Ivanovo: IGEU, 92.
- Volkova, V. N. (Ed.) (2004). Sistemniy analiz i prinyatie resheniy. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 200.
- Bol'shev, L. N., Smirnov, N. V. (1983). Tablitsy matematicheskoy statistiki. Moscow: Nauka, 416.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Oleksandr Ohar, Oleksandr Rozsokha, Maksym Kutsenko, Yulia Smachilo
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.